PDA

View Full Version : My friend just got car jacked 30 minutes ago!

Phat Matt
01-01-2005, 08:28 PM
He was going to pick up a pizza at Dominos in Loma Linda when a mexican guy with a shaved head walked up to his truck and tapped on the window. He asked him if he had a light and my friend said he didn't smoke. He looked around, stepped back and pulled out a gun. He asked him where the keys were and my friend said the ignition. He told him to start the car, get out, and don't look at him. The guy was pointing a gun at him the whole time. He got out and walked away. The guy took off. He's talking to the police right now.
Moral of the story. Have your pizza delivered. :wink:

BLOWN HOWARD
01-01-2005, 08:30 PM
He was going to pick up a pizza at Dominos in Loma Linda when a mexican guy with a shaved head walked up to his truck and tapped on the window. He asked him if he had a light and my friend said he didn't smoke. He looked around, stepped back and pulled out a gun. He asked him where the keys were and my friend said the ignition. He told him to start the car, get out, and don't look at him. The guy was pointing a gun at him the whole time. He got out and walked away. The guy took off. He's talking to the police right now.
I would have started the truck then reached under my seat and pulled out my gun and shot his ass, ****ing people cant buy there own shit these days :lightsabe

ahhell
01-01-2005, 08:30 PM
At least he did the right thing....live to tell about it

TheLurker
01-01-2005, 08:31 PM
Dam Matt you are having some shitty experiences for the Christmas season :frown:

Kilrtoy
01-01-2005, 08:32 PM
At least he is ok, that is the important thing, he can replace the vehicle, We just had this chat a couple of days ago on here...... Always be prepared for the worst...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/111DSC00502.JPG

Phat Matt
01-01-2005, 08:32 PM
How crazy is that? In Loma Linda too! :eek: By the way, it was "Dr Feniks'" brother.

Phat Matt
01-01-2005, 08:33 PM
At least he is ok, that is the important thing, he can replace the vehicle, We just had this chat a couple of days ago on here...... Always be prepared for the worst...
I'd jack her. :D

OutCole'd
01-01-2005, 08:33 PM
At least he did the right thing....live to tell about it
Ain't that the truth?

BLOWN HOWARD
01-01-2005, 08:35 PM
Hey Kilr is that in her car or yours?????? So i know wich car not to jack :2purples:

Kilrtoy
01-01-2005, 08:36 PM
I carry alot more than that ......

BLOWN HOWARD
01-01-2005, 08:37 PM
I carry alot more than that ......
Now thats what i am talkin about being prepared for everything!!!!!!! Who got those new toys?

Kilrtoy
01-01-2005, 08:41 PM
Those are hers, just replacing older bulker ones, also upgraded from a 9 to a 40

BLOWN HOWARD
01-01-2005, 08:45 PM
Those are hers, just replacing older bulker ones, also upgraded from a 9 to a 40
ah got ya very nice, She definetly needs some iron when driving around in the vet for sure. Dont want mama getting hurt now!!

Kachina26
01-01-2005, 09:09 PM
Moral of the story is..................don't worry about being polite. If a stranger approaches you, just keep going like they are invisable. Kilrs idea is good too, but not everyone can get a ccw .

Kilrtoy
01-01-2005, 09:11 PM
They hand them out like candy in AZ
but you are right, screw polite protect yourself and drive on...

al cole'holic
01-01-2005, 09:18 PM
..damn thats some crazy shiat :frown: ....reminds me of a Tamp&Parth story :rollside:

Kilrtoy
01-01-2005, 09:21 PM
..damn thats some crazy shiat :frown: ....reminds me of a Tamp&Parth story :rollside:
Ok please share, we want to hear

Kachina26
01-01-2005, 09:26 PM
They hand them out like candy in AZ
but you are right, screw polite protect yourself and drive on...
Yeah they do, but when you can carry legally with it showing, who needs a ccw?

al cole'holic
01-01-2005, 09:50 PM
Ok please share, we want to hear
..prolly, 8 years maybe...dude tried some shit. Told my boy to grab him while I nailed the gas, got up to like 50 and let him go...all while shots were ringin out from his boyz, one hit the cab. Skated away from some shit at Tamp&Parth too many times, long ago though them days are gone :D

Kilrtoy
01-01-2005, 09:52 PM
I can only imagine what was going on there, bad boy, glad to hear those days are past you

al cole'holic
01-01-2005, 10:01 PM
I can only imagine what was going on there, bad boy, glad to hear those days are past you
...gone, but it got alot worse before they passed. :hammerhea

dmontzsta
01-01-2005, 10:42 PM
Where is Loma Linda?

Kilrtoy
01-01-2005, 10:44 PM
Down the street from you

Phat Matt
01-01-2005, 10:48 PM
Where is Loma Linda?
North of you on the other side of that mountain. Next to Redlands.

dmontzsta
01-01-2005, 11:17 PM
Down the street from you
That is good to know, if someone comes up to my window I am going to react defensively.

dmontzsta
01-01-2005, 11:18 PM
That is too close.

RiverOtter
01-02-2005, 05:09 AM
Dam Matt you are having some shitty experiences for the Christmas season :frown:
I was thinking the same thing. Dude's like Bad Luck Schleprock. Seen any little black storm clouds over your head Matt??? :D

Wet Dream
01-02-2005, 05:09 AM
Wasn't there another thread about them ****ing mexicans earlier? :notam:

BoatPI
01-02-2005, 06:43 AM
Does your ride have a tracking device, LoJack, Teletrac, or OnStar???

franky
01-02-2005, 07:01 AM
PhatMat, your last few threads tell me that it is time to get the F*ck out of Dodge.

Raisin Wake
01-02-2005, 07:44 AM
That's the third car jacking, that I've heard about, in Loma Linda in the last month. :frown:

dmontzsta
01-02-2005, 08:44 AM
Anyone know where to get LoJack? and about what it costs per month? I am seriously considering it since I am getting to the point where I have alot of money in my toys.

phebus
01-02-2005, 08:59 AM
Is it a suburb of Beaumont? :D

wsuwrhr
01-02-2005, 09:10 AM
Always be prepared for the worst...
That's what I am talking about.
Brian

dbddbd
01-02-2005, 09:54 AM
Man that sucks, bet he feels violated, not a great feeling, I've felt it, sucks....

Hallett19
01-02-2005, 10:02 AM
other moral of the story.......
dont go near shaved head mexican dudes with guns :wink:

Hallett19
01-02-2005, 10:04 AM
Anyone know where to get LoJack? and about what it costs per month? I am seriously considering it since I am getting to the point where I have alot of money in my toys.
I had mine installed at the dealer, one time charge ( I think it was $800) no monthly fee, thank God I never needed it !

dmontzsta
01-02-2005, 10:26 AM
I had mine installed at the dealer, one time charge ( I think it was $800) no monthly fee, thank God I never needed it !
Really? That is not a bad deal, considering good alarms cost $350. I will have to call the dealer, will they do it with old cars?

Phat Matt
01-02-2005, 10:34 AM
I was thinking the same thing. Dude's like Bad Luck Schleprock. Seen any little black storm clouds over your head Matt??? :D
I am just getting it all out of the way now so the rest of the year will be good. :hammerhea It has been raining here, but today is nice and sunny...so far. :)

RiverOtter
01-02-2005, 10:35 AM
I am just getting it all out of the way now so the rest of the year will be good. :hammerhea It has been raining here, but today is nice and sunny...so far. :)
Well.. be very aware of your surroundings :D Don't want any more mishaps :idea:

Phat Matt
01-02-2005, 10:59 AM
PhatMat, your last few threads tell me that it is time to get the F*ck out of Dodge.
Well I didn't post this story but 3 weeks ago we were on our way out there and we broke down on the 62 before the Big River turn. It was a Saturday morning. I was just doing a quck turn around trip to finish a stereo install on my Uncle's boat for Christmas. Long story short, the fuel line detached from the gas tank and gas started spilling out of the car. We (Goldilocks, Buddy and I) hoofed it through the desert until somebody gave us a ride into town were we could get a cell signal. Finally got a tow truck to get us from Parker. He then towed us back to Palm Springs Infiniti...yeah it was our G35 coupe, not some hoopty. Got a rental from the airport, went back home. I am leaving out LOTS of details but it took ALL day to get back home and we never made it to LHC. So I don't think getting out of Dodge will work either.
Beautiful sunset at the end of a long day.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1524Image_59_.jpg
Where we got our food to go.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1524Image_60_.jpg
The happy couple waiting for dinner, which was also our breakfast and lunch.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1524Image_61_.jpg
Jen and Bud.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1524Image_62_.jpg
The romantic dinner on the back of the flatbed.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1524Image_63_.jpg
Where is the tow truck driver you ask? Oh, he needed to go home and take a shower before we drove to Palm Springs.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1524Image_64_.jpg

Phat Matt
01-02-2005, 11:05 AM
Oh yeah I almost forgot. We spent Xmas eve at my Uncle's in Victorville and stayed the night. Xmas morning we were loading up the truck to drive up to Vegas to see Jen's family and one of my new tires was low. (Just spent $900 on a new set...lifted Excursion) I took a closer look and merry Xmas, I had a screw sticking out of the side wall. I had to put my spare on which is a pain in the ass. The spare is smaller so that tire has to go on the front so you don't mess up the gears and of course to screw was in the back. Instead of driving straight to Vegas we had to drive back home, unload the truck, load up the car, then drive back up to Vegas. Yeah, I have had some shit luck this past month! :umm: :hammer2:

Scream
01-02-2005, 11:10 AM
Oh, doesn't the lovely couple look happy happy happy here. You two need a vacation away from the things of man.
Scream

Phat Matt
01-02-2005, 11:14 AM
Oh, doesn't the lovely couple look happy happy happy here. You two need a vacation away from the things of man.
Scream
lol. the look on her face pretty much sums up that day. :D

Doctor Feniks
01-02-2005, 11:16 AM
alright....just to provide a bit more info...
it happened at around 6:45 pm last night at the Domino's Pizza on the corner of Redlands Blvd and Mountain View. my wife and i along with the rest of my family were at my wife parents house for a new years dinner. my brother and his wife decided not to go because their 4 month old daughter was getting fussy. while his wife was trying to put the baby to bed, he decided to run a few errands and stop by Domino's to pick up some pizza. he actually called Dominos while he was on his way there so as to have his pizza ready sooner but was still on the phone with Dominos as he was pulling in to the front of the store. as he pulled in he said he noticed this hispanic guy just standing about 4-5 parking spaces away. my brother proceeded to finish placing his order with Dominos and then noticed that the guy was walkiing towards him. the guy tapped on the window and asked him if he had a light. without rolling the window down, my brother told him he didn't smoke. the guy then turned around and took about 2-3 steps away from the truck and the suddenly turned around with a gun. while pointing the gun at my brother he walked up to the truck door and opened it. he told my brother to hangup the cell phone and give it to him (my brother was still talking to Dominos). he then asked where the keys to the truck were and my brother told him they were in the ignition. he told him to start the truck and then to get out and not look at him. my brother did exactly as he said and walked away without looking back. the guy got into the truck and drove off. my brother then went into Dominos and was on the phone with 911 within about 30sec of the incident. what is really scary about this is that in the past both my brother and i have picked up pizza from this Dominos on many occaisions and often times with our wife and kids waiting in the car while we run in to pick up. i guess i'm just glad that nothing more happened and that my brother was able to walk away from something like that. he was pretty upset last night but as we all know, the truck and everything in it is all replaceable... his life isn't. not a great way to start the new year....but at least he is still alive.

OutCole'd
01-02-2005, 11:23 AM
lol. the look on her face pretty much sums up that day. :D
I picked up on this....

OutCole'd
01-02-2005, 11:24 AM
alright....just to provide a bit more info...
it happened at around 6:45 pm last night at the Domino's Pizza on the corner of Redlands Blvd and Mountain View. my wife and i along with the rest of my family were at my wife parents house for a new years dinner. my brother and his wife decided not to go because their 4 month old daughter was getting fussy. while his wife was trying to put the baby to bed, he decided to run a few errands and stop by Domino's to pick up some pizza. he actually called Dominos while he was on his way there so as to have his pizza ready sooner but was still on the phone with Dominos as he was pulling in to the front of the store. as he pulled in he said he noticed this hispanic guy just standing about 4-5 parking spaces away. my brother proceeded to finish placing his order with Dominos and then noticed that the guy was walkiing towards him. the guy tapped on the window and asked him if he had a light. without rolling the window down, my brother told him he didn't smoke. the guy then turned around and took about 2-3 steps away from the truck and the suddenly turned around with a gun. while pointing the gun at my brother he walked up to the truck door and opened it. he told my brother to hangup the cell phone and give it to him (my brother was still talking to Dominos). he then asked where the keys to the truck were and my brother told him they were in the ignition. he told him to start the truck and then to get out and not look at him. my brother did exactly as he said and walked away without looking back. the guy got into the truck and drove off. my brother then went into Dominos and was on the phone with 911 within about 30sec of the incident. what is really scary about this is that in the past both my brother and i have picked up pizza from this Dominos on many occaisions and often times with our wife and kids waiting in the car while we run in to pick up. i guess i'm just glad that nothing more happened and that my brother was able to walk away from something like that. he was pretty upset last night but as we all know, the truck and everything in it is all replaceable... his life isn't. not a great way to start the new year....but at least he is still alive.
Terrible story. I hope they catch the guy.
Your right though, at least he is O.K. That is all that really matters.

DEEZ NUTTS
01-02-2005, 11:27 AM
Oh yeah I almost forgot. We spent Xmas eve at my Uncle's in Victorville and stayed the night. Xmas morning we were loading up the truck to drive up to Vegas to see Jen's family and one of my new tires was low. (Just spent $900 on a new set...lifted Excursion) I took a closer look and merry Xmas, I had a screw sticking out of the side wall. I had to put my spare on which is a pain in the ass. The spare is smaller so that tire has to go on the front so you don't mess up the gears and of course to screw was in the back. Instead of driving straight to Vegas we had to drive back home, unload the truck, load up the car, then drive back up to Vegas. Yeah, I have had some shit luck this past month! :umm: :hammer2:
Matt, I have F250 and stuffed a 35" tire up in the spare tire well. Had to bend a gaurd slightly but it is up and out of sight. I would think your rig should handle it too. I put that spare on a cheap white spoke wheel. Looks sweet when I have to roll it.

BoatPI
01-02-2005, 11:29 AM
LoJack is about 600 or so, but if you have OnStar they can track the vehilce as long as it can see the sky. The real pro's rip these devices out immediately, so u have to be fast to get the tracking going.
Just have good coverage on you insurance. And for those who choose to lease a car aka renting, make sure you have gap insurance.
And remember part of owning a vehicle is the cost of insurance.
So if you have a budget, you may want to check with your agent before you settle on a purchase. Remember, most Honda's are high, and Esclades are way high. Vehicle locating devices, LoJack, and OnStar will yield a discount on your policy and often a deductible waiver if the car is stolen. They can pay fro themselves real quick.

Doctor Feniks
01-02-2005, 11:43 AM
my brother's Yukon did have OnStar but he had subscribed for only the minimum service. so apparently, the only way they could locate the truck is if the driver actually activates the OnStar service from inside the vehicle.

Kilrtoy
01-02-2005, 12:06 PM
Damn matt you do have a black cloud hanging, get out of beaumont and join "D" row.......

Phat Matt
01-02-2005, 01:12 PM
Matt, I have F250 and stuffed a 35" tire up in the spare tire well. Had to bend a gaurd slightly but it is up and out of sight. I would think your rig should handle it too. I put that spare on a cheap white spoke wheel. Looks sweet when I have to roll it.
The spare tire for the Ex is on the inside of the vehicle. It's the full size stock tire. A 35 won't fit. I had 4 flats last year on this truck. :eek:

Phat Matt
01-02-2005, 01:14 PM
Damn matt you do have a black cloud hanging, get out of beaumont and join "D" row.......
Do I have to stay at Crazy Horse when I go to Havi? Or can I still stay at the pad? :)

BoatPI
01-02-2005, 02:47 PM
Not acurate. Even without subscribing OnStar can find the vehicle, just need the VIN.

PHOTOGLOU
01-02-2005, 03:16 PM
Really? That is not a bad deal, considering good alarms cost $350. I will have to call the dealer, will they do it with old cars?
I an get it done for you at my Chevrolet dealership gor $450 no monthly cost there are different models some more expensive but PM me if you want more info Jay

thom
01-02-2005, 03:28 PM
pretty impressive for her to be comfortable with a 40.. i can barley get the mrs to fire a 9.. and just forget about the 357. After everything that happend this week with my sister. im going to az next week to upgrade the saftey package. Does anyone know the smallest caliber glock or sig make. I had a sig 45 but mrs didnt like it

dmontzsta
01-02-2005, 03:39 PM
I an get it done for you at my Chevrolet dealership gor $450 no monthly cost there are different models some more expensive but PM me if you want more info Jay
You have PM.

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
01-02-2005, 03:46 PM
oooo so your true color comes out, I'm glad lets see new boat, now D-Row WTF keeping up with the jones I see

phebus
01-02-2005, 03:53 PM
Hey Matt, you don't have anything to do with the 'Frenchie" disappearance do you? :confused: :D :idea:

Desert Rat
01-02-2005, 04:22 PM
Moral of the story is..................don't worry about being polite. If a stranger approaches you, just keep going like they are invisable. Kilrs idea is good too, but not everyone can get a ccw .
ccw?? I have always felt that it is better to be judged by 12 than carried by six... If you can shoot the foker dead if you have the chance!!!! Scum like that needs to die!!!!!!!

Kilrtoy
01-02-2005, 04:44 PM
pretty impressive for her to be comfortable with a 40.. i can barley get the mrs to fire a 9.. and just forget about the 357. After everything that happend this week with my sister. im going to az next week to upgrade the saftey package. Does anyone know the smallest caliber glock or sig make. I had a sig 45 but mrs didnt like it
Thats it the GLOCK 27 holds ten in the magazine and 1 in the chamber....
it has night sights and was 470, but most are paying around 650 plus another 100 for the night sights from what I have been told.....

Kilrtoy
01-02-2005, 04:45 PM
oooo so your true color comes out, I'm glad lets see new boat, now D-Row WTF keeping up with the jones I see
Come on, you know I stay near "D" row, I stay on "A" row with the none goose drinks fools

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
01-02-2005, 04:48 PM
Come on, you know I stay near "D" row, I stay on "A" row with the none goose drinks fools
I think more like SKID-ROW

Kilrtoy
01-02-2005, 04:53 PM
hey leave my 1940's single wide wood house on wheels alone

dmontzsta
01-02-2005, 05:04 PM
The thing that sucks about the system is if you shoot the guy, then you will be the one going to jail for a long long time.

cola
01-02-2005, 06:28 PM
Sig 9mm P225 small frame. I like the P226 full size with stack 15 round mag. There not plastic either. :cool:
Classic Full Size P226
The P226 is the pistol that set the standard by which all other combat handguns are measured. In use by the US Navy SEALs, Federal agents, and numerous law enforcement agencies including the Texas Rangers, Ohio State Highway Patrol and the Michigan State Police to name a few; the P226 has continually proven itself. The P226's exceptional ergonomics and balance make this high capacity full-size pistol easy to fire. Its longer barrel yields better ballistic performance and accuracy. And its new solid stainless steel slide is NitronĀ® treated for added strength and wear resistance. The P226 is available in 9mm, 357 SIG or 40 S&W. An optional barrel allows conversion from 357 SIG to 40 S&W. The magazine release is reversible for the left thumb to release the magazine.

Wicky
01-02-2005, 06:41 PM
Moral of the story is....if everyone besides the p.o.s. low life criminals carried a gun, we wouldn't be reading about this sad situation.
I've lived in Idaho for 11 years now. Most of the people I know carry their gun with them. It is legal unless you are in a bank or a bar. No shit. I just spent the last 4 months in my hometown of Claremont. A buddy of mine is a Pomona cop. I asked him what the gun laws are in Cali now. He told me I'm basically not allowed to have a gun in my truck. Well, here is a prime example of why I SHOULD be allowed to have my gun in my truck to take care of a piece of shit that just carjacked your buddy. I hate thieves.
There is nothing lower.
Well, except for the bleeding heart liberals that want guns completely banished.
Food for thought,
Wicky

Wicky
01-02-2005, 06:46 PM
Thats it the GLOCK 27 holds ten in the magazine and 1 in the chamber....
it has night sights and was 470, but most are paying around 650 plus another 100 for the night sights from what I have been told.....
Have you ever shot 10 clips of hot ammo through a glock???
Well, if you have, you end up with syrup. Wop wop wop. F.u.c.k Glocks.
I'll stick with good ol fashioned STeel. Don't know about you but, I'm strong enough to handle the extra weight to back the horsepower. And, I'm definitely not trying to smuggle my guns which is what glocks were designed for.
Glock my ass,
Wicky

Phat Matt
01-02-2005, 07:11 PM
Hey Matt, you don't have anything to do with the 'Frenchie" disappearance do you? :confused: :D :idea:
Nope. And I have a feeling you may start seeing more of him again. :)

Parker Dreamin
01-02-2005, 08:22 PM
Where we got our food to go.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1524Image_60_.jpg
I just had breakfast there with the family this morning......

Mardonzi
01-02-2005, 08:29 PM
I've never been a real big fan of the Glock,, something about not having a positive safety,, S&W 5906 for the 9mm with Hydra-shoks and a Kimber .45 for the heavy stuff,,

Wicky
01-02-2005, 08:34 PM
I've never been a real big fan of the Glock,, something about not having a positive safety,, S&W 5906 for the 9mm with Hydra-shoks and a Kimber .45 for the heavy stuff,,
Exactly!!!!
Glocks are popular thanks to MTV and Rap music!!! Kind of like John Kerry!!!lol.
Mow,
Wicky

Wicky
01-02-2005, 08:36 PM
The thing that sucks about the system is if you shoot the guy, then you will be the one going to jail for a long long time.
Only in California thanks to Diane Fukstein!!

77charger
01-02-2005, 08:48 PM
as for the glocks you either like them or hate them :confused: these are my 2 favorites they do well in 3 gun comps as well as just plinking side note you wouldnt want to try and jack me esp when i am on a way to a weekend of gun play
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/398the_1911s.JPG

UnionJack
01-03-2005, 07:01 AM
Last week in Rancho Cucamonga, my friends el-prego sister go car-jacked at 210 and Daycreek, in the new shopping center, she go with a few bumps and bruises, from jumping out of the car, and don't worry the baby was fine, RCFD finest made sure of it.
By the way she was 8 month's

Mandelon
01-03-2005, 09:19 AM
My best friend was shot and killed. Give em the car. :frown: