PDA

View Full Version : Cfw Movies

Kindsvater Flat
01-02-2005, 10:26 AM
Here are 3. Don't forget to "save link as" to save bandwidth or I won't be able to post more.
Sucker Punch (http://www.schoutenranch.com/video/shelfo.wmv)
Bad Meds (http://www.schoutenranch.com/video/badmeds.wmv)
Oroville Rick (http://www.schoutenranch.com/video/ororick.wmv)

dmontzsta
01-02-2005, 10:28 AM
Awesome, thanks K-Flat. These will go in the Boats-Videos folder.

BLUBYU
01-02-2005, 10:38 AM
Thanks for posting..... ;)

Infomaniac
01-02-2005, 10:49 AM
:D :D :D

Kindsvater Flat
01-02-2005, 04:46 PM
The sinking (http://www.schoutenranch.com/miscgalaxie/fleet.wmv)

MOBrien
01-02-2005, 04:58 PM
K-Flat,
Nice to meet you yesterday. Great vids. Wish I could've seen Bad Meds run a full pass.....that ride was sick! What an amazing turnout in questionable weather....true diehards with some amazing & beautiful hardware. Many boats that I would love to own. It just started raining as we pulled the Cheetah out on the north ramp around 2:30. I hope my heavy sled didn't f-up the water too much for you guys....thanks to all for puttin up with us and providing a good speed show. Gotta admit though, my 62mph passes through the chop must have been impressive from the shoreline. :notam: :sleeping: I know, I know......booooooooring. :D
Later,
MOB

Kindsvater Flat
01-02-2005, 05:03 PM
I didn't even see you in the water. Just on the ramp. Nice meeting you also.

Itsahobby
01-02-2005, 05:04 PM
What's the story behind that?
The sinking (http://www.schoutenranch.com/miscgalaxie/fleet.wmv)

Kindsvater Flat
01-02-2005, 05:06 PM
What's the story behind that?
unknown what actually broke. speculating the hand hole cover on the jet.

Kindsvater Flat
01-02-2005, 06:01 PM
Oregon Boys (http://www.schoutenranch.com/miscboat/ore.wmv)

Morg
01-02-2005, 06:46 PM
Great vids Mike.
Looks like it turned out to be a pretty nice day. Next time I will rent a snow cat to be sure not to miss it.

Infomaniac
01-02-2005, 06:57 PM
Too bad those guys could not get a rope hooked to the bow eye before it went under.
Been there done that.
Luckily someone got to me in time for me to wrap a rope around the bow eye and hang on to it while they towed me to the bank. My feet were only a few feet from the prop on the stern drive and my face against the bottom of my boat to breathe. Short notice short rope scenario.
If you can get a sinking boat moving, it will become boyant and will not sink the boat towing it. Do not be afraid to hook up to a dude's boat that is going under as long as you can get it moving.

GofastRacer
01-02-2005, 07:16 PM
Cool vids Mike thanks for sharing!.. :cool: That's a bummer that guy sinking like that, could have stopped it though if someone would have hooked up to it and go, it happens all the time at circle races!.. :frown:

voodooCanoe
01-02-2005, 07:30 PM
It was sad seeing that boat go down.
He went out before anyone else was out on the water. Made it about 100 yards from the ramp and something went out over the back right of the boat.
He shut it down and started yelling for help. Before anyone could get another boat launched the boat went down. :jawdrop:
Must have been the cleanout cover?? Don't know what else could have made it go down so fast. The word on shore was that there was also a hole in the deck that hadn't been patched yet after making a repair to the bow eye.
We thought once there was air trapped in the bow it would stay up, but went down like a rock :cry:
It was also said that it was a new boat to him and the first time out after getting it done. Not a good way to start the year. Glad to see he was wearing a vest
and was safe. That water was way cold and would have been hard to swim in.

Kindsvater Flat
01-02-2005, 07:31 PM
Art the bad part is it was first thing. Shelfo warmed up and was on the water. Tim was warming up and just cruising slow. Something happened and he stopped far from the ramp. No one else was in the water except 1 boat but the owners weren't around and there were no keys. Steve launched his but couldn't get it to fire maybe due to the cold. The guy in the tunnel launched as fast as he could to help. He had no tow hook but was willing to do something. He was quick to get him out of the water which we were all greatful for. This shows you never know when something like this will ever happen. Tim is a great guy would do anything to help you if you needed it.

voodooCanoe
01-02-2005, 07:41 PM
K-flat, it was good to meet you , wish we had more time, would have liked to talk more. Way too much going on and people to meet in a day. Take care and happy New Year.

GofastRacer
01-02-2005, 07:41 PM
Sad deal, glad he's ok though!.. Something to think about, whenever anybody is going to run, it would be a good idea to have someone out there in a boat ready to move in case of an incident!..

Kindsvater Flat
01-02-2005, 07:46 PM
K-flat, it was good to meet you , wish we had more time, would have liked to talk more. Way too much going on and people to meet in a day. Take care and happy New Year.
No doubt. We might have to plan a trip up to the races and get together or down here sometime. To much going on for the short time I was there.

Hud
01-02-2005, 08:01 PM
Great shots Mike!

Beautiful Noise
01-02-2005, 11:31 PM
Great Vid's Mike :D :D

Carnivalride
01-03-2005, 05:46 AM
Thanks for the videos! :cool: :cool: It really helps when your stuck in the cold with your own boat still in peices...better than being sunk, hope hes able to get it back without too much hassle :( :( :(

Sherpa
01-03-2005, 10:48 AM
did the sinking just happen this past weekend-? what a huge bummer.....
did they recover the boat-?
Sherpa

voodooCanoe
01-03-2005, 07:48 PM
did the sinking just happen this past weekend-? what a huge bummer.....
did they recover the boat-?
Sherpa
As of Saturday night thay hadn't found the boat. Don't know if they went back on Sunday or not. It looked like they were looking in the wrong spot, but I don't know what to expect as the boat goes down. Was told it was close to
100 feet where it went down? So i'm sure it doesn't go down straight.

Sangster
01-03-2005, 08:12 PM
This happened before we got there....But after seeing the Video ( thanks for all the video Mike) I would guess it was a U-joint failure...A friend of ours kicked a u-joint out of his jet boat a few years back as he hammered it out'ta the hole.... It broke the intake in a few pieces and threw the pump straight out the back of the boat..I got video somewhere of it going down quick.... Always check your u-joints....

TRG
01-03-2005, 08:22 PM
As of Saturday night thay hadn't found the boat. Don't know if they went back on Sunday or not. It looked like they were looking in the wrong spot, but I don't know what to expect as the boat goes down. Was told it was close to
100 feet where it went down? So i'm sure it doesn't go down straight.
i would assume that if i had 700 lbs. sitting on my ass,... i'd go down like an arrow, with or without current.
if the boat has air trapped in the bow still,... would'nt it be logical to think it would still be standing up? (i agree that it will not be up on end though!)
my next thought is, if it is still bow up,...that is only 5 boat lengths deep!
could it have drifted that far???
just my thoughts, not trying to ruffle any feathers!
hope tim finds the boat!
Todd

Itsahobby
01-04-2005, 06:31 AM
Man, my heart goes out to the guy.
Hobby
Art the bad part is it was first thing. Shelfo warmed up and was on the water. Tim was warming up and just cruising slow. Something happened and he stopped far from the ramp. No one else was in the water except 1 boat but the owners weren't around and there were no keys. Steve launched his but couldn't get it to fire maybe due to the cold. The guy in the tunnel launched as fast as he could to help. He had no tow hook but was willing to do something. He was quick to get him out of the water which we were all greatful for. This shows you never know when something like this will ever happen. Tim is a great guy would do anything to help you if you needed it.

Kim Hanson
01-04-2005, 12:38 PM
Too bad those guys could not get a rope hooked to the bow eye before it went under.
Been there done that.
Luckily someone got to me in time for me to wrap a rope around the bow eye and hang on to it while they towed me to the bank. My feet were only a few feet from the prop on the stern drive and my face against the bottom of my boat to breathe. Short notice short rope scenario.
If you can get a sinking boat moving, it will become boyant and will not sink the boat towing it. Do not be afraid to hook up to a dude's boat that is going under as long as you can get it moving.
Thats what I was talking about in the other thread, mine was saved that way........( . )( . )..........

Sangster
01-05-2005, 10:50 AM
I heard there was NO bow eye.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: