PDA

View Full Version : Lake Mead

ELVIS
01-02-2005, 10:07 PM
we are looking to do a house boat trip this year on lake mead. does anybody have any feed back dealing with (forever resorts) or (seven crowns) thanks for the input.

upsman105
01-02-2005, 10:18 PM
we are looking to do a house boat trip this year on lake mead. does anybody have any feed back dealing with (forever resorts) or (seven crowns) thanks for the input.
just booked a boat through forever resorts for the first week in June, their boats are a lot nicer than seven crowns.

Quality Time
01-03-2005, 08:12 AM
We always used seven crown. Sure there boats are not as fancy as forever resorts, but look at and compare the boarding and departure times for both. It may have changed, but when we used to go you lost a day with forever and they were a bit more money. Just my .02 cents.
Either way you go, you will have a blast, enjoy!

dirty old man
01-03-2005, 09:01 AM
buy low water insurance (in case there is none)

DaveTic
01-03-2005, 12:40 PM
My buddy always gets his from Callville Bay Resort & Marina and has been very happy. Had some problems with one last year one engine not running right and using a lot of fuel (100's of gallons). Talks with management, they told him you have been a good customer don't worry about the fuel we pay for it and we will have someone right out to fix the problem.

dicudmore
01-03-2005, 12:42 PM
I did a week last July on Mead...Seven crown out of Echo Bay.
Boat not as nice as Forever's boats but considerably less $$$ and still a GREAT time :D

99 232 baja
01-03-2005, 01:51 PM
I was wondering also about houseboats for rent, how :confused: much are they to rent???

Raisin Wake
01-03-2005, 06:30 PM
We did a week on Lake Mead in August 2003. A great lake. We used Seven Crown. The boats aren't as nice, but, it's a blast. I heard that Forever resort has carpet in the boats that is hard to keep clean. Can you say extra cleaning fee? We had a blast with our boat. Just be prepared for the very hot evening and nights. If you have small kids, you may need to run the AC at night.
Enjoy

ELVIS
01-03-2005, 08:48 PM
buy low water insurance (in case there is none)
What is the insurance for? do you get a discount on trip, or can you cancel your trip. how much does it cost.

upsman105
01-03-2005, 08:50 PM
What is the insurance for? do you get a discount on trip, or can you cancel your trip. how much does it cost.
quoted me a $150 if you have an emergency you get your money back, if not youlose $150.