PDA

View Full Version : Northwest Nostalgic Race Schedule

CircleJerk
01-03-2005, 12:03 AM
Anyone planning a vacation? You are all invited: Old boats mashing the gas or as Mr. Video says,"Back Yard Racing in a circle". All v-drives and jets welcome under 500 cubes and 19feet.
Testing: May 14-15 Tri Cities Wa. with the Unlimited Light Hydros
Season opener: June 11-12 Issaquah Wa. Lk. Sammamish with ULHRA & NWC
Reunion Race: June 18-19 Banks Lake on fathers day NWC-NBRA
Special Event: still tentative June 25-27 Burley Idaho (exhibition only no points)
July 2-3 Newport Wa. (joint sanction and inaugeral event)
Speed Fest: July 23-24 Black Lake, Olympia Wa. with ULHRA & NWC
July 29-31 Columbia Cup, Tri Cities (show and shine only)
Quicksilver: Aug 12-14 Silverdale, Wa (special invitational with ULHR no NWC points)
New Date: Sept 3-4 Ione Firecracker Regatta Mid Season Championship
Record Regatta: Sept 24-25 Moses Lake, Washington
Strait Thinder: Sept30- Port Angeles Wa. ULHRA (special invitation no NWC points)

CircleJerk
02-01-2005, 11:34 PM
Can anyone help with the Burley race date. Is it APBA? If so, will GN3 Nostalgia boats be running? What's their speed limit? Are we even wanted at such an event? I was told it depends on the Ks and the sanction. Help me get this finalized, someone. :( thanks for helping the jErkiZoiD

WaterBox
02-02-2005, 09:20 AM
Can anyone help with the Burley race date. Is it APBA? If so, will GN3 Nostalgia boats be running? What's their speed limit? Are we even wanted at such an event? I was told it depends on the Ks and the sanction. Help me get this finalized, someone. :( thanks for helping the jErkiZoiD
:eek: SPEED LIMIT??? :2purples: What da Hell kinda race can that be with a "SPEED LIMIT" :rollside: Hi Jerk :D

CircleJerk
02-03-2005, 02:01 AM
HI H2Obox, is that your lavey picture? Speed limits are cool with no speed traps or radar! Stay healthy...

WaterBox
02-03-2005, 07:28 AM
HI H2Obox, is that your lavey picture? Speed limits are cool with no speed traps or radar! Stay healthy...
No that pic. is just one that was avalible on the avatar page. Mine has a trunk lid. :D

dmontzsta
02-03-2005, 07:37 AM
No that pic. is just one that was avalible on the avatar page. Mine has a trunk lid. :D
So does his (CircleJerks) :D
You need to email me a pic of your Lavey, I will host it for you so you can use it in your avatar.
:220v:

CircleJerk
02-04-2005, 12:56 AM
Right, that's where we keep the broken parts! Out a sight, out a mind! Well send me some pictures and details.......Mine is still for sale, but someone said it takes a MAN to drive a Lavey b-fast. So I had better keep it! :boxed:

Stab-n-Steer
02-04-2005, 07:27 AM
CJ,
Burley is APBA. Dick Price is the promoter, but not sure how to contact him...
S&S

CircleJerk
02-06-2005, 12:22 AM
Thanks SS, I know Dick and he wants us there but it's up to Jack Bell, I am told and the question is how hard they will let us run I guess. Doesnt look good but I will try to make it for my cracker ride!

1978 Rogers
03-06-2006, 07:50 AM
Circlejerk, do you have a schedule for 2006?

CircleJerk
03-06-2006, 10:40 AM
Well, my guess is: Some time in May is Banks opener (should be a loser for boat count),
June 10-11 or 12 Tastin Racin at Lake Sammamish
June 17 something Fathers Day is the popular Banks Lake Racer Reunion (Harlan Orrin and Mary usually go)
June 25 or 26 we are invited to Burley but I wont be able to.....maybe the California Endurance Nostalgia boats will take advantage of this one. I hear there is nothing like running around the island at Burley! I think George Nordling will have the Faulkner Lavey and his SS76 there! Maybe a Team Davis b-boat and a Barron Sprint formerly 'Tequila Sunrise' also may do the long tow.....so that's four. Sorry RCL, and thanks for your generous offer!
Sometime in July is the Newport race with the other clamp ons.
August is a repeat of the above
September about the second weekend is our final race at Moses Lake.
In my opinion, APBA will pull some of our boats to their western Wa. races near you, provided they accept the Nostalgia class. But where, I havent a clue. The Unlimited Lights would like us to run Silverdale and Port Angeles but that is salt water and that scares most all of us away!
Frankly Charolott, I dont give a D__ anymore! Can you tell?

1978 Rogers
03-06-2006, 10:46 AM
No, I didn't notice. :)

FlatRat
03-07-2006, 02:56 AM
Jerk,
are going make any of these?We are still trying to decide if we will or not. :argue:

RaysonKid
03-07-2006, 07:04 AM
What happen? Get tired of butting heads?
You did alot for the nosty boats.
Thank you.
Sorry not all shared your passion.
JP

CircleJerk
03-07-2006, 12:53 PM
What happen? Get tired of butting heads?
You did alot for the nosty boats.
Thank you.
Sorry not all shared your passion.
JP
It boils down to this: Our lovable inboard flats have been influenced (if not told what to do) by the clamp-ons! That's as nice as I can be. It used to be affordable bracket racing where the heavy old boats could equally compete.
After I resigned, no one IN power wanted to bracket race anymore. Cubic inch, class racing may still work since the love of flats is stronger than ever, but time will tell. I hope I am wrong! Boy, do I ever!
Thanks Jeff, and Tim, it's folks like you that made 6 years of work FUN!
I will try to sound more positive, but it's hard when you see your own boat go away, it leaves the 22nd for the East.

CircleJerk
03-07-2006, 12:59 PM
Jerk,
are going make any of these?We are still trying to decide if we will or not. :argue:
Banks Racer Reunion should be good (our 5th birthday) with some Californians coming....Tastin, and Moses Lk. Cant commit to anymore just now. I have a Chevelle getting a face lift! And a 1963 (409) Ambulance to start!

mach1alaska
03-07-2006, 07:30 PM
[QUOTE=CircleJerk]Anyone planning a vacation? You are all invited: Old boats mashing the gas or as Mr. Video says,"Back Yard Racing in a circle". All v-drives and jets welcome under 500 cubes and 19feet.
Nice to hear from you CircleJerk unfortunately I wont be able to make any races since I have moved to Elko NV. I may sell the centerdeck Hallett.