PDA

View Full Version : 26 DAYTONA

Cole
12-19-2001, 10:27 AM
What do you think i could get a 26 daytona for?just hull and interior. Cole

SVO 540
12-19-2001, 11:45 AM
36K, just a guess. I know you can get the 25 daytona for 26K so I just added 10K to get to 36K. I recall the 28 Daytona costing about 10K more than the 25 for the blank hull. I think the 26 Daytona should be about the same 10K increase, less boat but with f16 windshield. You should ask Eliminator. You could also call an Eliminator dealer and maybe even get a mini bidding war going. GT Performance has bought several blank hull 26 daytona's, you could also ask them.

Cole
12-19-2001, 03:09 PM
SVO540,i talked to Gary Teague at GT performance and he is going to rebuild a 509 blower (different post in blower motor section)motor for me.Do you know him? and how is his reputation?I'll ask him about the Daytona also.$10,000 upgrade over the 25 daytona seems a little steep to me.Especially with no motors cole

SVO 540
12-19-2001, 05:36 PM
Cole, I give Gary a big thumbs up. He is the only guy I will let touch my Blown Ford motor. Tell him hello for me, if you mention the Blown Ford, he will know who I am.
As for the 10K upgrade, last I heard there was a long wait list for the 26 and there was not much wheelin n' dealin. On the other hand, the 25 was waiting to be built. Also new mold and need to recover development costs. Good luck.

Cole
12-19-2001, 06:09 PM
SVO thanks for the reply,Gary seems to be a super nice guy, talked to him on different occasions about different projects and always has the time to listen and follow up on pricing and ideas!!!Thats the problem i have had with another person i'v worked with.Picking up the race boat after the holidays and delivering them to him.appreciate the good recomondation!!!! Cole

kanedog
12-20-2001, 08:06 PM
My wife & I bought exactly what you are asking about.26ft Eliminator Daytona W/canopies,paint & upholstery only.(blank)
We paid 40k and had some custom graphics. There is a dealer cost on this boat which he marks up and then sells to you.If you are serious find an Elimnator dealer that works with Eliminator often and can communicate with them as you won't have much luck doing it yourself.If some dealers are short on work they may cut you a good deal.

Cole
12-21-2001, 11:21 AM
Kanedog hows that 26 doing? what motor are you going with? and what do think is going to be your final $$$$$. I have a budget to stay in,because im trying to pay with as much cash as possible,even if its going to be a little longer than expected to finish.i am thinking about twin outboards,should be a cool deal!!!!!! Cole

kanedog
12-22-2001, 09:31 AM
Cole:Boat is at the dealers now. Its slowly getting rigged.We will probably go with Teague tcm 800hp motor.Final cost will be around$140k including trailer.
I know your shopping around comparing prices but this price isn't good to use as a comparison. The reason is that we decided to put top of the line everything in thing in this boat.We could have went with different, as in a bit less expensive stuff, but the cost of the boat was so crazy anyway, we figured what the #@!*, and got all the spensive stuff.
Some of the cake items are:sttellings extension box
new imco drive
mayfair steering
gaffrig shit everywhere
stupid expensive custom graphics(looks cool though!)
$6k stereo

kanedog
12-22-2001, 09:40 AM
Cole: we also looked at twin o/b's.The cost seemed to be the same as a big, loud, shiny custom motor. We went with inboard for a few reasons:maintenace-1 of things to fix instead of 2
2.We can fix motor ourselves in a pinch
3.Resale seemed like more people were interested in inboards than outboards
4.Not a mercury dealer close by
Dealer has little experience with outboards
This was our resoning but I'm sure yours differs quite a bit.

WILDMAN
12-27-2001, 08:27 PM
My friend has a pair of 2001 300x motors with 4 hours on them[computer verified] for $27000 you can email him at cloudskimmer@prodigy.net