PDA

View Full Version : Announcing GIROUX CUSTOM BOATS (COLE TR2, HONDO XH511T)

BOAT ANCHOR
01-03-2005, 03:18 PM
Pete Giroux of Giroux Custom Boats, wanted me to post this in hopes of clearing up some of the mistery as to where the Cole Runner Bottom (TR2) and Cole Hydro molds are. Pete Giroux (Giroux Custom Boats, Imperial, Ca. (760) 337-2681 shop, or (818) 203-8695 cell) has possession of and is manufacturing boats from the Cole TR2 Runner Bottom mold (the REAL ONE), one of the Hondo XH511T Runner Bottom molds, the original Cole Hydro mold (the one his 1981Cole "Giroux Engineering Special" BGH came out of), and the Cole/Deaver Top Fuel Hydro mold. He has access to the Cole TR3 mold. The TR4 mold is around somewhere, as a new boat out of the TR4 mold showed up at the last NJBA race as well as at Phoenix, in November of 2004. As this is being written, a new Cole TR2 is being laid up at Giroux's shop in Imperial, Ca. The hull is all white gelcote and is being laid up with the finest modern materials available. The stringers are inch and a quater thick CLEAR WHITE ASH (that are extremely straight and been run through a commercial drum sander after milling), and the floors, kick board, and transom wood, are marine grade plywood with white ash veneer (professionally bonded to the marine plywood in a press with marine grade glue by the marine plywood supplier) which is slightly stained (light honey color) with a resin/fiberglass compatible stain system. The interior if the hull will be blacked out around the wood in the floors as well as the sides of the hull. The center keel portion of the hull is being blacked out with BLACK CARBON FIBER (edged with black gelcote so that the frayed edge of the black carbon from cutting to width, is not visible). The interior finished sides, floors, kick board, and
interior transom will be flow coated. The deck of the TR2 will be attached/tabbed to the bottom portion of the hull while both deck and bottom are still in their respective molds thus assuring a perfect fit as well as assuring that each boat out of the mold is the same and not altered (dimensionally or shape wise) by the way the deck fits. This hull should be out of the mold and ready for public display by mid January 2005. Stage one hulls include raw cavitation plates installed (no cavitation plate hardware), steel strut and fin installed, prop shaft hole drilled, seam ready for paint (gelcoted seam available as an option). The hulls are available in any stage of completion from bare hull to turn key. The Cole TR2 and the Hondo XH511T are also being offered with a WOOD DECK as an option, in either a "Straight" or "T Deck" configuration (When's the last time you saw a runner bottom with a wood "T" deck????) Pete currently has a Hondo XH511T that's getting a wood deck created and installed up in North Fork, Ca.(Bass Lake), and hopes to unveil it some time in the Spring of 2005 (Bakersfield). Giroux Custom Boats are entirely custom and Pete is willing to undertake what ever your requests might be (gelcote color, lamination schedule, lamination material {cloth and resin systems} variety of different woods (ash,oak,douglas fur) for stringer and floors, laminated stringers to match laminated gunwales used for the wood deck option, balsa floors, carbon fiber, aluminum honeycomb structure/carbon panel, ect,ect,ect,) to ensure the boat is a one of a kind piece. Pete also manufactures his own "custom" tube boat trailers, with all the custom features (chrome fenders, polished stainless steel fenders, disk brakes, removable tong, swing away tong, chrome rudder guards, with SS rollers, frenched LED lights (tail and clearance), over size tubing, steps (with diamond plate) or step less, chrome floater bar, wheels) or he can provide you with a Custom Ellis Trailer with the same custom options mentioned above, if preferred. Giroux Custom Boats is currently taking orders for New Custom Cole TR2's and Hondo XH511T's. His boats are going to be a cut above the average and definitely deserve a look from the discriminating v drive flat/runner bottom public. Give Pete a call at (760) 337-2681 shop, or (818) 203-8695 cell, or myself Scott (805) 584-3033, and discuss your requirements with us, we'll be glad to talk to you. THANKS

Sherpa
01-03-2005, 04:30 PM
only wish I was in a position to order up a TR2............
--Sherpa

superdave013
01-03-2005, 06:07 PM
BA, thanks for posting that. Hearing all about it and seeing the pics of a Hondo (just wait 'till ya guys see this sucker, even the Millers will like it) I was having a hard time keeping my mouth shut. lol
So you see Her454, I can keep a secret, just not yours. ;)
BTW, that was one long ass paragraph.

ACCEPTENCE
01-03-2005, 07:33 PM
If the price is right...Cousin Bob is lookin for a new ride!!!

72Hallett
01-03-2005, 09:22 PM
Very interesting. Any indication on the price range?

BOAT ANCHOR
01-04-2005, 11:04 AM
If the price is right...Cousin Bob is lookin for a new ride!!!
Give Pete Giroux a call at (760) 337-2681 shop or (818) 203-8695 cell. He'll be glad to discuss options, delivery dates, and pricing. He's only a phone call away.

BOAT ANCHOR
01-04-2005, 11:13 AM
Very interesting. Any indication on the price range?
Give Pete Giroux a call at (760) 337-2681 shop (Imperial, Ca.) or (818) 203-8695 cell. He'll be glad to discuss options, delivery dates, and pricing. He would love to build you a new boat. Give him a call.

PLASTIC MAN
01-04-2005, 08:31 PM
Forget About The Tr2 And Hondo, How About The Tr4 And Tr6?????

BOAT ANCHOR
01-04-2005, 09:34 PM
Plastic Man:
You seam to have the answer to your own question about the TR4, or did you forget ?????
PLASTIC MAN
new stage 1 TR4???
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
undefined
Hearing that the "lost" Cole 7/8" Runnerbottom, Raised deck TR4 flatbottom mold has been recovered and is ready for new production!!! Interested parties need to email mitchelldedic@sbcglobal.net

superdave013
01-04-2005, 10:49 PM
Forget About The Tr2 And Hondo, How About The Tr4 And Tr6?????
Well look what the cat drug in. lol It took me awhile but yes, it did click on who you are. The screen name should have gave it away on post #1.
I guess now the question is, other them me, who doesn't have a flat mold? Billy will prolly get a B mold next. This could get interesting. :)

colechillin
01-05-2005, 03:14 AM
I own a 84 Cole tr3. Can you tell me anything about it. Thanks, Sean

BOAT ANCHOR
01-05-2005, 09:52 AM
I own a 84 Cole tr3. Can you tell me anything about it. Thanks, Sean
What do you want to know??? Give Pete a call, he would love to talk with you about your TR3. (760) 337-2681 shop in Imperial Ca., or (818) 203 8695 cell.

Jim B.
01-06-2005, 09:26 AM
How would boats (cole and hondo) coming from these molds you mentioned compare to the new boats coming out of Canyon Boats in Lodi?!?!?!

BOAT ANCHOR
01-06-2005, 03:44 PM
How would boats (cole and hondo) coming from these molds you mentioned compare to the new boats coming out of Canyon Boats in Lodi?!?!?!
JimB.
Canyon Boats in Lodi Ca. builds exceptionally beautiful and well built boats with excellent state of the art materials. Their glass and finish work are phenomenal. Canyon Boats have certainly proven themselves on the race course as most of us who read these boards have witnessed. In the past as well as the present, the Cole TR2 and the Hondo XH511T have both maintained an excellent race course history, and enjoyed the reputation of being "well built hulls". Pete Giroux intends to maintain and even try to elevate the reputation that these two hulls are credited with. Pete has hired a consultant (who claims to have helped Canyon Boats when they started up in Lodi, Ca.) to help him laminate the first few boats out of the molds. Pete is also using state of the art materials to produce his hulls and expects the first one to be out of the mold by mid January 2005. To compare the Cole TR2 and the Hondo XH511T hulls coming out of Giroux Custom Boats to a Canyon Boats hull, Pete feels is a judgment left up to the discriminating ***boat v-drive buying public. So Jim B., give Pete a call at (760) 337-2681, or (818) 203-8695 and make an appointment to see the boat. Pete's intentions for opening Giroux Custom Boats was to provide "Another Choice" to the discriminating ***boat v-drive buying public who are in the market for a new hull, to attend v-drive outtings such as the Camp Far West V-Drive Gatherings or the Colorado River V-Drive Events. Mr. Giroux also wanted to bring some nostalgia (he also restores Model A Fords) and uniqueness to the ***boat v-drive buying public, by offering WOOD DECKS on runner bottom hulls. He has no plans of racing or of any kind of race program at this time. He just wants to build unique V-Drive ***boats. Check them out. (760) 337-2681 or (818) 203-8695 " It's Just Another Choice"

Unforgiven
01-06-2005, 04:25 PM
The consultant that you are speaking of....could it be BRENDEL?????? he has a hydro order waiting for him.......

Sangerboy
01-06-2005, 05:50 PM
I was wondering if you were going to weigh in on this Scott :)

BGMAN203
01-11-2005, 09:44 PM
I was just browsing through the classifieds on dragboats.com and found a guy selling new bare "Cole TR2" boats and claiming they are out of the original Cole molds. This guy is in Florida?? Now who's telling the truth? Were there duplicate molds that Cole had? Or is one really a splash, not that a splashed one is bad, I would just like to know.

BOAT ANCHOR
01-11-2005, 11:56 PM
I was just browsing through the classifieds on dragboats.com and found a guy selling new bare "Cole TR2" boats and claiming they are out of the original Cole molds. This guy is in Florida?? Now who's telling the truth? Were there duplicate molds that Cole had? Or is one really a splash, not that a splashed one is bad, I would just like to know.
BGMAN 203;
The answer to your question is that there are two Cole TR2 molds in existence. The mold in Florida is the Cole TR2-1 mold. The mold that Giroux Custom Boats owns is the Cole TR2-2 mold. According to a former Shop Forman of Cole Boats (1977 to 1984 Chatsworth,Ca.) who is a personal friend of mine, the Cole TR2-2 mold is the newer mold of the two Cole TR2 molds, and has not had as many boats produced from it as the Cole TR2-1mold. Hope this clears it up for you. If you have any further questions, give Pete Giroux (Giroux Custom Boats, Imperial, Ca. {760} 337-2681 shop, or {818} 203-8695 cell) a call. He would love to talk with you.

ACCEPTENCE
01-12-2005, 11:48 AM
Still tryin to get a handle on what a bare hull goes for???
Little help here???

PE 316
01-12-2005, 05:08 PM
Little help here???
At this point ALL requests for price quotes are being referred to Pete Giroux of Giroux Custom Boats...
(760) 337-2681 shop or (818) 203-8695 cell

ACCEPTENCE
01-13-2005, 12:39 AM
At this point ALL requests for price quotes are being referred to Pete Giroux of Giroux Custom Boats...
(760) 337-2681 shop or (818) 203-8695 cell
I'm startin to think it's a secret :confused:

76biesmeyer
01-13-2005, 04:31 AM
I was just browsing through the classifieds on dragboats.com and found a guy selling new bare "Cole TR2" boats and claiming they are out of the original Cole molds. This guy is in Florida?? Now who's telling the truth? Were there duplicate molds that Cole had? Or is one really a splash, not that a splashed one is bad, I would just like to know.I would not buy shit from that guy in Florida

Carnivalride
01-13-2005, 05:17 AM
I would not buy shit from that guy in Florida
Why? Past experience or what? :confused: :confused: :confused:

76biesmeyer
01-13-2005, 05:33 AM
Why? Past experience or what? :confused: :confused: :confused:He sold me a boat a few years back and after I got it home I noticed a few things that were not right so I called this asshole back and he said TUFF SHIT.He,s a very shady guy

superdave013
01-13-2005, 05:42 AM
oh here we go again..............................
Pass the pop corn and can I get a hit of that :coffeycup

Jetboatguru
01-13-2005, 09:29 AM
I figured it was only a matter of time before somebody surfaced Dave. 76 Biesmeyer I am not discrediting you.

Cs19
01-13-2005, 06:09 PM
Is the tr4 a desireable boat?
was it splashed many times?
I know where the mold is, not sure of its history though.That new tr4 at ming was nice.

ACCEPTENCE
01-13-2005, 07:48 PM
Little help here???
Ok, so I'll answer my own question:
...and today I heard thos things bare are goin for $8500.00 :jawdrop:
Could that be right??? I think someone is makin a killing.
Hummmm, I'll bet there not sellin like hotcakes :notam:
***those

superdave013
01-14-2005, 07:25 AM
good to see that you really do have phone service over there Greg. lol
I heard they would come with a strut and plates (bare).
Do you really think 8,500 is all that bad for a brand new made to your order hull? I see used boats (25 years old or more) less engine going for that or more.
The more I think about that 8.5K and what I spent restoring mine that is sounding like a better deal more and more.

wsuwrhr
01-14-2005, 07:46 AM
good to see that you really do have phone service over there Greg. lol
I heard they would come with a strut and plates (bare).
Do you really think 8,500 is all that bad for a brand new made to your order hull? I see used boats (25 years old or more) less engine going for that or more.
The more I think about that 8.5K and what I spent restoring mine that is sounding like a better deal more and more.
Does this mean you will have to take your "HEMI" hitch cover off and go buy one?
Brian

superdave013
01-14-2005, 08:10 AM
Does this mean you will have to take your "HEMI" hitch cover off and go buy one?
Brian
maybe I will after I sell that lot of 100 parts. You know what I'm talkin 'bout mister. :idea:

wsuwrhr
01-14-2005, 08:27 AM
maybe I will after I sell that lot of 100 parts. You know what I'm talkin 'bout mister. :idea:
Sounds like you better get to work...
You know what I am talking 'bout mister :idea:
Brian

77charger
01-14-2005, 04:54 PM
Is the tr4 a desireable boat?
was it splashed many times?
I know where the mold is, not sure of its history though.That new tr4 at ming was nice.
is it in the rockies???