PDA

View Full Version : wtf "Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim"?

uvindex
01-03-2005, 05:28 PM
According to http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3292736, "Baseball's Angels have a new name, and it's a mouthful: The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.
The switch, which will be challenged in court by the city of Anaheim, is intended to help the team market itself to more of Southern California, attract more advertising sponsors and broadcast revenue, the team said Monday."
Seems like a kind of goofy name to me.
:rolleyes:

Kilrtoy
01-03-2005, 05:31 PM
That is the stupidest shit i have heard of,
I still miss the CALIFORNIA ANGELS

JetBoatRich
01-03-2005, 05:35 PM
I heard that today and thought it was a joke :eek:

Desert Rat
01-03-2005, 05:35 PM
What about the "Angels that aren't in the friggen middle of the Arm Pit know as LA" :jawdrop: :D

Brooski
01-03-2005, 05:37 PM
Anaheim should take back all the cash they gave the Angels for renovation of the stadium. The way the Dodgers are dumping players, I am surprised they want the LA name.

Ziggy
01-03-2005, 05:40 PM
=RatherBeInLHC
Seems like a kind of goofy name to me.
:rolleyes:
Thats putting it mildly---sounds idiodic...probably can't even get the whole name printed on the tickets. :rolleyes:

voodoomedman
01-03-2005, 05:56 PM
That is the stupidest shit i have heard of,
I still miss the CALIFORNIA ANGELS
They brought the Halo's back and won a championship. Let's bring California back and win another. :D

SHOTKALLIN
01-03-2005, 06:00 PM
Arte Moreno is an Idiot. I'm not an Angel fan but I understand why the fans are upset with this guy. The whole purpose of having a team in the O.C. is so that the trash (no matter what color) in L.A. doesn't ruin the nice family atmosphere that Edison Field is or was. Lets face it, Dodger Stadium sits in a third world country known as Los Angeles. Why would you want associate with that? Why would you lower the price of beer so that the lower income folks (no matter what color) can get drunk and ruin your family atmosphere?
Mr. Moreno is a self made man and is filthy rich. He made his money in advertising, however, this genious chose to use a commercial that depicted Angels fans as taggers(imo). What market are you aiming this too??? WTF???
I guess Its time to move to Arizona. Go Diamondbacks!!! :confused:
Just my .02

Raisin Wake
01-03-2005, 06:15 PM
This sucks.... :burningm: Arte, say it aint so... :boxingguy This blows... :( :mad:

BarryMac
01-03-2005, 06:53 PM
The Angels are going to lose a lot of fans over this stupid decision, the Homos of Orange County might have been better... j/k... :2purples:

Sleek-Jet
01-03-2005, 06:55 PM
Just think of all the new merchendise they get to sell. Capitalism is fun!!
And I'm sure it'll be in some fantastic baggy pants/rice rocket crowd colors to boost sales as well.

a catered life
01-03-2005, 07:03 PM
now we got another dam baseball team, :eek: a hockey team on vacation :220v: , no football team :eek: , and two basketball teams, one with a young cocky leader :p , and the other with no leader at all :yuk: sports are really starting to suck in la whats next the compton chargers :hammerhea