PDA

View Full Version : A venting on my Ford Expo-

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
01-03-2005, 06:10 PM
I have a 2000 Expo with 80k miles on it. I splurged and got the Eddie Bauer. In 2003 i gave it to my wife and bought a BMW. I liked the car but didn't love it and missed my Ford. So I got rid of the BMW, got her a Denali, and took back the Ford.
At the beginning of December, my tranny goes out (the day before my birthday if that helps with the " :cry: :cry: " factor. That put me back over 2 grand. Merry Xmas kids, you got a rebuilt tranny for the car!
Then, right before Xmas, my sunroof wont close. I toss the car into my warehouse for the remainder of the year becuase we were leaving, it was raining, blah blah blah. I get it in the shop today----- $2200 quote to get it fixed.
GO F**K YOURSELF WITH THAT 22 HUNDY....
Gimme a break please.

Moe_Havi
01-03-2005, 06:41 PM
Pull it shut and never open it again. For 22 hundred I bet you get pretty strong. Once it's shut, pull the fuse. Better yet, trade the POS.
Moe

dexman38
01-03-2005, 06:57 PM
wow!that sucks.

BarryMac
01-03-2005, 07:09 PM
there has got ot be a manual way to close the sunroof, close it and trade the bitch in on another GMC...

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
01-03-2005, 08:43 PM
there has got ot be a manual way to close the sunroof, close it and trade the bitch in on another GMC...
That has crossed my mind a few times. i love the denali and wouldn't have a problem with having 2!

BarryMac
01-03-2005, 09:00 PM
That has crossed my mind a few times. i love the denali and wouldn't have a problem with having 2!
They are pretty sweet...

HOSS
01-03-2005, 09:04 PM
ooorrrrrrr,,,,,pull the switch and test it. Then pull the front part of the headliner and see if juice is going to motor. If so then replace motor. If motor is working and sunfoor doesn`t move replace sunroof rack. You may be able to replace the cables like on Mazdas that I`ve done a billion and one times. Then you save at least 1800.

Waldo
01-03-2005, 09:09 PM
Bring that sumbitch over on Sunday....I'll help you :hammer2: that thing back into place. Can't believe the quote was that much...will they give you any KY w/it? :confused:

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
01-03-2005, 09:45 PM
Bring that sumbitch over on Sunday....I'll help you :hammer2: that thing back into place. Can't believe the quote was that much...will they give you any KY w/it? :confused:
No KY. No dinner. No drinks. But i am walking with a limp right now.

PHOTOGLOU
01-03-2005, 11:44 PM
Have you tried ASC American Sunroof Corp. they install new sunroofs in car for 895 to 1095 for us dealers and cut the hole in the roof There is one in Bellflower