PDA

View Full Version : Any TV/electronic repair people on here.

Dribble
01-03-2005, 08:04 PM
Ok so here's the deal.
I have a Sony 53" in Rear Projection TV. Three years old. All of the sudden the picture goes blue, then every time you turn it on, it was a different color. Now all the colors are working but the picture is washed out. Low color and real bright picture that you can't reduce with the brightness control.
I called a TV repair place and they sent some ancient Bozo that was about 107 years old. He looked at it and said that he didn't know what was wrong and it would have to go into the shop because it is probably a bad processor. Plan on spending about $600.00 That will be $69.00 for the service call please.
I checked and cleaned the projection tubes but still the same problem. I'm about to throw this piece of shit onto my burn pile, douse it with fuel and light her off.
Any ideas.

Dr. Eagle
01-03-2005, 09:29 PM
I checked and cleaned the projection tubes but still the same problem. I'm about to throw this piece of shit onto my burn pile, douse it with fuel and light her off.
Any ideas.
Want a match? :wink:
Actually I wouldn't think you would have this much problem with Sony. Did you contact the factory?
I have a Sony 40" XBR, I hope there isn't a problem with their service...

ROZ
01-05-2005, 11:05 AM
Sounds to me like to HC power supply line to the board or the board itself that powers the light guns is all outa wack and causing other problems... No real way to know how much a repair will cost until your tech figures out exactly the problem and what's needed to me replaced.....
If the repair is going to be over 500.00( could be more if just methodically replaces parts or if he can even fix it), I'd just buy new tv. It may be less of a headache in the future...
600 retapir estimate is about half what the tv is worth...

lucky
01-05-2005, 11:06 AM
see s-d dad :eek:

miller19j
01-05-2005, 11:17 AM
see s-d dad :eek:LOL.... you beat me to it! "He has the ultimate set of tools!" :D

superdave013
01-05-2005, 11:30 AM
LOL.... you beat me to it! "He has the ultimate set of tools!" :D
Damn skippy!!!
You know I went to school for electonics and electro optics. I did take a television repair class too. To bad that was light years before those rear projection tv's came out. On a normal set I'd guess high voltage power supply or deflection yoke outta wack. Sounds like Roz has the better idea.
But hey, if you need some tools my dad just got a new set of hammers and a freash zippo. :p

RiverDave
01-05-2005, 12:21 PM
If there is someone on here that knows how to fix TV's let me know as well..
I have a 61 inch Mitsubishi that has these little white lines that appear in the picture.. When you switch videos the lines change to different orientations. You can't hardly notice them when the pictures going, but I'd like to get it fixed anyways. As well I'd like the front screen replaced as some genius tried to clean a small part of it with Goof Off and it left a white mark on it.
RD

PipesClean
01-05-2005, 12:33 PM
I know how to make the white lines smaller!!! :rollside:

ROZ
01-05-2005, 12:34 PM
If there is someone on here that knows how to fix TV's let me know as well..
I have a 61 inch Mitsubishi that has these little white lines that appear in the picture.. When you switch videos the lines change to different orientations. You can't hardly notice them when the pictures going, but I'd like to get it fixed anyways. As well I'd like the front screen replaced as some genius tried to clean a small part of it with Goof Off and it left a white mark on it.
RD
Between the cost of repairing both problems(picture and screen), it's going to be about 400.00 more to get an updated rear projection tv....

ROZ
01-05-2005, 12:35 PM
I know how to make the white lines smaller!!! :rollside:
The more you see, the more you do? There's a song in there somewhere :notam: :D

mickeyfinn
01-05-2005, 04:09 PM
Sounds like the color guns are starting togo out. We had one did the same thing and that is what we were told. Too much to fix the old set. Pushed it off the back of the truck at the landfill.

ROZ
01-05-2005, 04:19 PM
Sounds like the color guns are starting togo out. We had one did the same thing and that is what we were told.
A lot of the time they get old and leak fluid on the board(s) below them... That's when you start to notice the problems....