PDA

View Full Version : Gotta love this... baby names

Jordy
01-04-2005, 07:45 AM
They just released the most popular names of '04 for Arizona.
#1 for the girls: Emily.
#1 for the boys: Jose.
Just the news that I wanted to hear. Looks like we're catching the So Cal syndrome. :rolleyes:

JetBoatRich
01-04-2005, 07:47 AM
why are you checking Baby Names JP :D

Jordy
01-04-2005, 07:49 AM
It was on the news this morning, between shots of normally dry riverbeds. ;)
Trust me, I'm not ready for that kind of competition. :cool:

Jordy
01-04-2005, 08:33 AM
Personally, I sorta like "Pedro Jordy Paulk" myself. Sorta has an 'international slant' to it ! LOL
Rio
I think if I were to go international, I'd go for the "Jesus" angle. ;) :D

JetBoatRich
01-04-2005, 08:47 AM
It was on the news this morning, between shots of normally dry riverbeds. ;)
Trust me, I'm not ready for that kind of competition. :cool:
Competition, LOL is that what it is :cool:

Jordy
01-04-2005, 08:49 AM
Absolutley competition. Not only in the attention department, but in the toy and accessory department as well.
Allow me to demonstrate:
No kids:
I need some new tools, or dock lines, or fenders, or a new boat. No problem.
With kids:
I need some new tools, or dock lines, or fenders, or a new boat, but junior needs diapers, or clothes or shoes, or stupid noise making toys, or formula, or school supplies, or college tuition.
It never stops. Therefore, I gotta get mine first. ;)

MsDrmr
01-04-2005, 08:49 AM
I named my son Drake, it was original and not a name you hear often. It was cute when he was a baby, yet will be a powerful name as a grown man. I loved the name then and in 11yrs, I have only heard it a couple times.
I like unusual, but strong names.

Jordy
01-04-2005, 08:54 AM
The point I was making is that Jose is the number one name in Arizona for '04. Seems as though the demographic is changing. Should be even better in '05 now that the Mexican Government is publishing how-to guides for crossing the border and living illegally in the U.S. :mad:

Dave C
01-04-2005, 08:55 AM
JP,
NO kidding. you are wise beyond you're years! :D :notam:

JetBoatRich
01-04-2005, 09:14 AM
Absolutley competition. Not only in the attention department, but in the toy and accessory department as well.
Allow me to demonstrate:
No kids:
I need some new tools, or dock lines, or fenders, or a new boat. No problem.
With kids:
I need some new tools, or dock lines, or fenders, or a new boat, but junior needs diapers, or clothes or shoes, or stupid noise making toys, or formula, or school supplies, or college tuition.
It never stops. Therefore, I gotta get mine first. ;)
You see it all the time, baby coming=boat for sale :sqeyes:

Jordy
01-04-2005, 09:19 AM
Here is an article on the Mexican Governments little how-to books and their response to the allegations that they're encouraging illegals to cross:
http://www.azcentral.com/php-bin/clicktrack/print.php?referer=http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/news/articles/0101Comic01.html

BowTie Rick
01-04-2005, 09:42 AM
You see it all the time, baby coming=boat for sale :sqeyes:
Not true. For me its the opposite. Baby here = need bigger boat with more freeboard and cuddy cabin :)

MsDrmr
01-04-2005, 09:44 AM
The point I was making is that Jose is the number one name in Arizona for '04. Seems as though the demographic is changing. Should be even better in '05 now that the Mexican Government is publishing how-to guides for crossing the border and living illegally in the U.S. :mad:
I know, I live in So cal, it's really bad here. My son (being white & speaks english) is the minority in his school, now thats sad.
By the way I would like it noted before anyone takes this oppertunity to thrash me..........I don't have a problem with race, sex, religion or anything of the sort, just noting the change in Ca

MRS. MAINEVENT
01-04-2005, 11:08 AM
Main and I also like unusual names....I guess that is why the kids are Brody, Bailee, Brock, and Bronson :) Something different but not weird :cool:
Jordy you know Jose was our second choice for one of the boys :wink:

Kilrtoy
01-04-2005, 11:10 AM
What the hell is going on here,
is JORDY trying to play a game like CHARLEY did and is this his way of saying he is pregnant :eek:

Jordy
01-04-2005, 11:33 AM
Main and I also like unusual names....I guess that is why the kids are Brody, Bailee, Brock, and Bronson :) Something different but not weird :cool:
Main seems like a wierd name to me. :D
What the hell is going on here,
is JORDY trying to play a game like CHARLEY did and is this his way of saying he is pregnant :eek:
Kilr, if that's what you read out of the post, please go back and re-read it. Spend extra time on my post about kids being competition. :D

Kilrtoy
01-04-2005, 11:53 AM
Charley went on a round about way of of saying his wife was getting a bigger rack, then he said because she was expecting, just wondering if you were doing the same...

BIGTYME
01-04-2005, 12:34 PM
How confident is mexico in their own country if they publish manuals to help their citizens get out?

lucky
01-04-2005, 01:12 PM
i'm gonna name my next one learnhowta reid how is that for off the wall :idea:

MsDrmr
01-04-2005, 01:19 PM
i'm gonna name my next one learnhowta reid how is that for off the wall :idea:
would you be offended if I didn't anwser that one??? :D :D :D