PDA

View Full Version : Saadam Now the #1 targeted leader captured?

hot_diggity_dog
01-04-2005, 02:39 PM
This would be a great start to the New Year
Abu Musab al-Zarqawi reportedly arrested in Iraq (http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2005-01/04/content_405831.htm)
Abu Musab al-Zarqawi reportedly arrested in Iraq
(itar-tass.com)
Updated: 2005-01-04 14:37
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2005-01/04/xin_30010204144053117721.jpg
Abu Mus'ab al-Zarqawi, whom the US occupation authorities declared to be the "target number one" in Iraq, has been arrested in the city of Baakuba, the Emirate newspaper al-Bayane reported on Tuesday referring to Kurdish sources.
Al-Zarqawi, leader of the terrorist group Al-Tawhid Wa'al-Jihad, was recently appointed the director of the Al-Qaeda organisation in Iraq.
The newspaper's correspondent in Baghdad points out that a report on the seizure of the terrorist, on whom the US put a bounty of US$10 million, was also reported by Iraqi Kurdistan radio, which at one time had been the first to announce the arrest of Saddam Hussein.
Abu Musab al-Zarqawi was captured in Iraq, said Tuesday's Al Bayan, a daily newspaper of the United Arab Emirates (UAE).[file]
There have been no official reports about the arrest of the terrorist. Al-Zarqawi, 38, a Jordanian, whose real name is Ahmad al-Khalayleh, aims to turn Iraq into a "new Afghanistan".
According to Arab press data, Al-Tawhid Wa'al-Jihad group has divided Iraq into several emirates. The group's independent subdivisions at a strength of 50 to 500 militants operate in the cities of Al-Falluja, Al-Qaim, Diala, and Samarra.
The personnel of the group is on the whole 1,500-strong and includes Iraqis and citizens of Arab and Islamic countries. There are demolition experts and missilemen among them.
The group has depots of weapons and explosives in various parts of the country. It intends to frustrate the upcoming parliamentary elections that are scheduled for the end of this month. Al-Tawhid Wa'al-Jihad threatens to do away with Iraqi Prime Minister Ayad Allawi and members of the interim government.
HDD :cool:

Kilrtoy
01-04-2005, 02:43 PM
hope it is true

jackpunx
01-04-2005, 02:45 PM
is that the scumbag with the mask on that has been cutting people's heads off?

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
01-04-2005, 02:45 PM
Torture the bastard.

Havasu_Dreamin
01-04-2005, 02:46 PM
That would be nice. But sadly, there is some other POS right behind him ready to take his place. Need to quit dicking around and just get the job done over there.

mirvin
01-04-2005, 02:46 PM
I heard something about this on KFI this morning but havent' seen anything all day.
HDD, I'm confused by the title of this thread.... :hammerhea
mirvin :wink:

clownpuncher
01-04-2005, 02:47 PM
If true, it would definately be the best news I've heard in a long time. Thanks for the heads-up

boxscore
01-04-2005, 02:48 PM
is that the scumbag with the mask on that has been cutting people's heads off?
That's what most believe. Regardless, he's pure scum.

Charley
01-04-2005, 02:48 PM
Lovely! :D :D
I say lock him in a room with the families of those he killed

hot_diggity_dog
01-04-2005, 02:56 PM
HDD, I'm confused by the title of this thread.... :hammerhea
mirvin :wink:
Saadam was the first to be captured. Now this Focker is the #1 targeted Al Quada leader.
HDD :D

mirvin
01-04-2005, 02:57 PM
Saadam was the first to be captured. Now this Focker is the #1 targeted Al Quada leader.
HDD :D
I see. Thanks :D I hope it's true.
mirvin :eek:

24ROD
01-04-2005, 03:40 PM
Lovely! :D :D
I say lock him in a room with the families of those he killed
Ditto :devil:

SHOTKALLIN
01-04-2005, 05:45 PM
I'll go to work on him with a pair of plyers and a blow torch. I'll get midevil on his ass. Marcellus Wallace Style!!! :lightsabe

Ziggy
01-04-2005, 07:06 PM
Do a little "fabricating" on him.....neat little bend here, put some heat on him and put a nice twisted right arm, hammer a flat section on the left leg, remount the nuts on the forehead...and so on.
Bastard :devil:

mirvin
01-05-2005, 10:22 AM
Any new info on this??? I've haven't seen or heard anything since yesterday morning...... :confused:
mirvin :cool:

Havasu_Dreamin
01-05-2005, 10:27 AM
I would imagine it if it's not in the mainstream media it's not true, at least not yet.

hoolign
01-05-2005, 10:41 AM
Do a little "fabricating" on him.....neat little bend here, put some heat on him and put a nice twisted right arm, hammer a flat section on the left leg, remount the nuts on the forehead...and so on.
Bastard :devil:
Monster... Monster garage...Monster... Monster garage.."and on this episode of Monster garage way fast whitey will take this stock Iraqie and turn him into scaffolding to hang himself" "No Way...A self hanging Iraqie scaffold??" "That's right Shwag...Jesses team of civilians are going to twist and turn that bastard into a free standing tower from where he can hang himself form his own organs"...

unleashed
01-05-2005, 10:48 AM
Gosh, I hope this is true that they got him but I have not seen any verification through the mainstream media. If it is true I say hang him from some rafters..poke tiny holes in him and cover his body with ticks and maggots. Feed him intraveinuously so he wont die the first week as the maggots and ticks feed on his body. Wow that would be some good revenge for all those horrible beheadings. Ofcourse this will not happen. He'll sit in a jail somewhere, get 3 meals a day, read baghdad weekly, and be allowed to live a somewhat normal life with his homo cellmates.
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com)

Huckleberry
01-05-2005, 01:18 PM
This would truly be the begining of a HAPPY NEW YEAR for the free world!!!

MsDrmr
01-05-2005, 01:29 PM
I hate to say it, but I don't see an end to this for many years....

hot_diggity_dog
01-23-2005, 07:24 AM
Gosh, I hope this is true that they got him but I have not seen any verification through the mainstream media. If it is true I say hang him from some rafters..poke tiny holes in him and cover his body with ticks and maggots. Feed him intraveinuously so he wont die the first week as the maggots and ticks feed on his body. Wow that would be some good revenge for all those horrible beheadings. Ofcourse this will not happen. He'll sit in a jail somewhere, get 3 meals a day, read baghdad weekly, and be allowed to live a somewhat normal life with his homo cellmates.
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com)
Something must be up??? :confused:
Sunday, January 23, 2005
National / World News:
Iraq mum on rumors al-Zarqawi in custody
By The Associated Press - 01/23/05
BAGHDAD, Iraq (AP) — Iraq's interior minister on Saturday refused to comment on rumors that the top terror leader in the country had been taken into custody.
‘‘I wouldn't like to comment for the time being,'' Interior Minister Falah al-Naqib said when asked about rumors that Abu Musab al-Zarqawi had been arrested. ‘‘Let's see. Maybe in the next few days we will make a comment about it.''
Pressing him, a reporter asked, ‘‘Does that mean he is in custody?''
‘‘No comment,'' the minister repeated, although he said that arrest warrants had been issued for al-Zarqawi and several officials from Saddam Hussein's regime, including Saddam deputy Izzat Ibrahim al-Douri and the ousted leader's half brother, Sabaawi al-Hassan.
The rumors followed an interview aired on an Arab television station earlier this month in which a Saudi man arrested for a deadly truck bombing claimed that he heard from other insurgents that al-Zarqawi had been arrested by Iraqi police in Fallujah but released because authorities didn't recognize him.
Rumors spread that Iraqi authorities had al-Zarqawi in custody but were waiting to announce it just before the Jan. 30 elections.
Al-Zarqawi, the leader of Iraq's al-Qaida affiliate, has claimed responsibility for numerous attacks on U.S. and Iraqi forces, along with the kidnappings and the beheadings of several foreigners, including Americans.
In an audiotape posted Thursday on the Web, a speaker who identified himself as al-Zarqawi called on his followers to prepare for a long struggle against the Americans.

Blacksheep
01-23-2005, 08:32 AM
Let's hope it's true!!!

hot_diggity_dog
01-24-2005, 03:15 PM
Let's hope it's true!!!
Who know's but it does look positive. :confused:
News Article (http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/9B2A608A-AFCE-4101-B498-90D202533ED4.htm)
Abu Musab al-Zarqawi-a man notorious for his alleged ruthlessness - is suspected of direct involvement in the kidnap and beheading of several foreigners in Iraq - even of wielding the knife himself.
Washington has also accused the 37-year-old Jordanian radical of masterminding a string of spectacular suicide bombings in Iraq, and of being linked to al-Qaeda.
After viewing a video of the beheading of American engineer Eugene Armstrong, taken hostage in Baghdad in September 2004 along with a fellow American and a Briton, the CIA believes with a "high degree of confidence" that it was Zarqawi who read out a statement and then carried out the murder.
The video followed a pattern which has become grimly familiar since American contractor Nick Berg was shown being killed in May 2004.
A group of militants clad in black stand in front of the banner of Zarqawi's group, Tawhid and Jihad, with their victim kneeling before them.
After reading a statement, a militant leans over the bound and blindfolded prisoner and cuts off his head with a knife.
Those killed in this fashion include another American, a South Korean and a Bulgarian. A Turkish hostage was shot three times in the head.
Bin Laden rival?
Zarqawi's network is considered the main source of kidnappings, bomb attacks and assassination attempts in Iraq.
Although he is thought to have links with al-Qaeda, experts regard his group as autonomous - perhaps even a rival to Osama Bin Laden's organisation.
The US has put a $25m bounty on his head - the same sum they are offering for Bin Laden himself.
The reward was increased after American authorities intercepted a letter which, they claimed, confirmed he was working with al-Qaeda to drive the US out of Iraq.
In the run-up to the Iraq war in February 2003, US Secretary of State Colin Powell told the United Nations Zarqawi was an associate of Osama Bin Laden who had sought refuge in Iraq.
Intelligence reports indicated he was in Baghdad and - according to Mr Powell - this was a sure sign that Saddam Hussein was courting al-Qaeda, which, in turn, justified an attack on Iraq.
But some analysts contested the claim, pointing to Zarqawi's historical rivalry with Bin Laden.
Both men rose to prominence as "Afghan Arabs" - leading foreign fighters in the "jihad" against Soviet forces in Afghanistan in the 1980s.
It was a far cry from Zarqawi's youth as a petty criminal in Jordan, remembered by those who knew him as a simple, quick-tempered, and barely literate gangster.
But after the defeat of the Soviets in Afghanistan, Zarqawi went back to Jordan with a radical Islamist agenda.
Sentenced to death
He spent seven years in prison there, accused of conspiring to overthrow the monarchy and establish an Islamic caliphate.
Not long after his release, he fled the country.
Jordan tried him in absentia and sentenced him to death for allegedly plotting attacks on American and Israeli tourists.
Western intelligence indicated Zarqawi had sought refuge in Europe.
German security forces later uncovered a militant cell which claimed Zarqawi was its leader.
The cell-members also told their German interrogators their group was "especially for Jordanians who did not want to join al-Qaeda".
According to the German intelligence report, this "conflicts with... information" from America.
Kurdish connection
The next stop on his itinerary was his old stamping ground - Afghanistan.
He is believed to have set up a training camp in the western city of Herat, near the border with Iran.
Students at his camp supposedly became experts in the manufacture and use of poison gases.
It is during this period that Zarqawi is thought to have renewed his acquaintance with al-Qaeda.
He is believed to have fled to Iraq in 2001 after losing a leg in a US missile strike on his Afghan base.
US officials argue that it was at al-Qaeda's behest that he moved to Iraq and established links with Ansar al-Islam - a group of Kurdish Islamists from the north of the country.
He is thought to have remained with them for a while - feeling at home in mountainous northern Iraq.
When US aid official Laurence Foley was gunned down in Amman in October 2002, the Jordanian authorities claimed he had masterminded and financed the attack.
If the intelligence agencies are to be believed, it was just the beginning of a busy year for Zarqawi.
Sectarian strategy
In 2003, he was named as the brains behind a series of lethal bombings - from Casablanca in Morocco to Istanbul in Turkey.
Later Spanish officials were reported to be looking into allegations that he may have been behind the Madrid bombings on 11 March 2004, which killed 191 people.
It is in Iraq, though, that he appears to be most active.
The assassination of the Shia cleric, Ayatollah al-Hakim, at a shrine in the town of Najaf, was one of the bloodiest attacks in Iraq last year - over 50 Shia worshippers died.
US authorities pinned the blame on Zarqawi.
The intercepted "Zarqawi" letter released by the Americans in February 2004 seems to support their claim.
In it, the author appeared to share his plans for igniting sectarian conflict in Iraq as a means of undermining the US presence there. And he claims to have already undertaken 25 successful attacks against the enemy.
Within days of the letter's release, bomb attacks on recruiting centres for the Iraqi security forces had killed nearly 100 people.
Attacks have continued across Iraq almost daily in recent months. Whether or not Zarqawi is behind them all, he is seen by the US as the biggest obstacle to their hopes of progress in Iraq - their most dangerous enemy in the country.