PDA

View Full Version : Boat Slips In Havasu

Tow Guy
01-04-2005, 07:42 PM
Ever Had A Problem getting One On A Weekend?
I Was Thinking Of A Slip Lottery Or Something, Where A Few People Go In Together And Get A Slip Then Pull Numbers For Weekends?
Either Yearly Or Seasonal If Possible
Would Not Be Cheap But It Sure Would Be Nice!!!!
Any Thoughts?

Havasu Hangin'
01-04-2005, 07:47 PM
Where in Havasu?

Tow Guy
01-04-2005, 07:58 PM
I Dont Know It was Just A Thought...Any Ideas?
May Not even Be A Good Idea
I Dunno

voodoomedman
01-04-2005, 08:07 PM
lhm is 1st come ,OR WHO EVER THEY FILL LIKE GIVING ONE TO :mad: and under 24' i think?
If your going to spend that kinda dough then do one of these three things.
1. Stay at London Bridge Resort and it is only an extra 10 bucks a night for a slip.
2. Stay at the Nautical and you can leave your boat on the beach.
3. Buy a house in Havasu. Won't keep it in the water at night but it will be secure in a covered garage.

Tow Guy
01-04-2005, 08:12 PM
Have The House In Havasu
But By The End Of The Day Im Lasy
Yeah And At The Start Of The Day Too
SO WHAT!

voodoomedman
01-04-2005, 08:16 PM
Have The House In Havasu
But By The End Of The Day Im Lasy
Yeah And At The Start Of The Day Too
SO WHAT!
Really. Why would you want to leave your boat in the water then and risk theft. I understand the lazy part but... If it was 50 years ago I'd agree with you though. Not have to work at the end of the day and in the morning just drive down to the docks hop in and start her up.

Tow Guy
01-04-2005, 08:20 PM
Really. Why would you want to leave your boat in the water then and risk theft. I understand the lazy part but... If it was 50 years ago I'd agree with you though. Not have to work at the end of the day and in the morning just drive down to the docks hop in and start her up.
Just to Do Exactly That....
Leave The Boat (Insured Of Course) Eat Dinner
Go Home Party All Night (With O'douls)
Wake Up And Repeat Repeat Repeat

voodoomedman
01-04-2005, 08:29 PM
Just to Do Exactly That....
Leave The Boat (Insured Of Course) Eat Dinner
Go Home Party All Night (With O'douls)
Wake Up And Repeat Repeat Repeat
I hear ya. Less waiting in launch lines too. I'm just too anal to leave it in the water.

Tow Guy
01-04-2005, 08:34 PM
Well If I Had the Boats That Most Of You Have I'd Probably Have To Think About It More...Which Is Probably Why This Doesnt Seem To Be Going Very Far????

voodoomedman
01-04-2005, 08:57 PM
Well If I Had the Boats That Most Of You Have I'd Probably Have To Think About It More...Which Is Probably Why This Doesnt Seem To Be Going Very Far????
Could be. If you don't get any good responses try again closer to boating season when this board gets a little more active and there are more boating discussions.

Tow Guy
01-04-2005, 09:07 PM
Will Do Thank You...Nice Conversin With You..

uncle larry
01-04-2005, 09:08 PM
currently really no good places to dock your boat unless u are at one of the on the hotels i.e. london bridge resort, nautial, etc. but crazy horse campground does have some docks now that might be an option
hopefully in a couple of yrs we will have a couple more marinas

Tow Guy
01-04-2005, 09:11 PM
Lets Open A New Marina...If You Aint Loud Or 28' Plus Or No Women You Aint Welcome ........... :idea:

voodoomedman
01-04-2005, 09:19 PM
Lets Open A New Marina...If You Aint Loud Or 28' Plus Or No Women You Aint Welcome ........... :idea:
What about us with 24's. We like to party too. :D

Tow Guy
01-04-2005, 09:22 PM
Add A Swim Step
Hell I Only Got A 21' I'm gonna Have to Go Shoppin

shueman
01-04-2005, 09:26 PM
Done it both ways, leave it in or take it out.....much prefer to pull it out each night, wipe it down and clean it up, then reload it in the morning for the next day. Don't necessarily frequent the same part of the lake each day is why....
Windsor launch and head north, Cat-Tail launch and play down south, trailer to Moabi and run the river, it changes each trip....

Tow Guy
01-04-2005, 09:31 PM
Nice.....But I'm Lazy...And Have Usually Pissed The Girlfriend Off By The End Of The Day And She'll Sit In The Truck And Let Me Wipe It Down...By The time Im Done Being Pissed Myself And Half Ass Wipe it Down, It Needs A Detail Anyways