PDA

View Full Version : My vehicle purchasing experience...

Kilrtoy
01-05-2005, 05:54 PM
I never met Jay Photoglue. I heard from IN2MX that he purchased a Cheby from Jay and was singing praise and telling tall tales about Jay. So hearing these fairy tales I had to check for myself. I P.M.ed Jay on here and the next thing you know he is calling the house. He gets all my info and finds out what it is that I want. Two days later, he calls and says your truck is on the way to your house. Next thing I know, a saleman is here dropping off the wifes new truck I sign a few papers and he is off and my wife is in here new truck. all in less than 10 mintues
That was one of the easiest things I have ever done in life.
So I call Jay to thank him and make a joke about a vette.
He says you want a vette its yours. He calls me the next day and says the vette will be dropped off tommorrow (wifes B-day). Im having it trailered to your house. I said I have to pass your dealership tommorrow, so I will pick it up. He says, Im in havasu, I wont be there to meet you. Is that is ok, I say no problem.
So I arrive and the sales man is waiting for me, Car is on the floor of the showroom with a huge sold sign and my name on it. Talk about feeling like a million bucks. I sign a few papers and 10 mintues later, im on my way.
Jay was up front gave me a price on both vehicles which I knew was INCREDIBLE.
Since Day one, Jay has been on it, he wanted to send a tow truck out before I even posted the problem on these boards.
If all sales people showed half of the compassion for their customers that Jay does , they would learn alot.
I would recommend to anyone that Jay is the only person you should ever buy a chevy from.
The reason I did not want to use Jay is. I did not want to bother him as he is very far from where I live....

boatnam2
01-05-2005, 05:59 PM
kilrtoy it dosent matter even if you did live close, sales has nothing to do with service.mrsb is at dodge in sales and is good freind with all the service managers and about all that will get you is maybe a move up in line,sooner or later the professional mechanics will get there hands on it and that is when things go down hill.

redi4fun
01-05-2005, 06:00 PM
WITHOUT A DOUBT when I am ready to buy a new truck, JAY is going to be the first call I make!!! He seems to go way beyond the call of duty for the people here on the boards. :)

callbob4homes
01-05-2005, 06:10 PM
Outstanding post kilr. some of the other stuff got confusing as to whom you venting about, without a doubt it was service, but it did make me wonder at times. Being in sales, I know Jay has got to be feeling good about this now. Don't know him, never done business with him, but these kind of testimonials are what makes our day. Seems like a stand up guy, hard to find in that business sometimes. (kinda like the Real Estate biz I guess) Good luck on getting the problems worked out, looks like you have someone in your corner.

Mandelon
01-05-2005, 06:11 PM
We bought a new Suburban from him, easiest transaction ever. They delivered it to San Diego. Not a problem. Great price. Wife loves it.
The only thing Jay could do better is to post more pics of his wife. :crossx: :p

riverbound
01-05-2005, 06:13 PM
I also bought a truck from Jay and let me tell you it was absolutely the BEST car buying experience I have ever had.
We showed up at the dealership and Jay found us exactly the truck we wanted within an hour and had it at his delaership with in an other 1/2 hour. There was no haggling he gave us the price and we knew it was better than we could anywhere else. And we filled out the paper work and we were done. Jay goes out of his way ofr his customers when our truck arrived at his dealership it wasn't clean enough for him so he had it detailed and delivered to my wifes work the following day.
I would highly recommend buying a vehicle form Jay, unlike most car sales man he has a true no B.S. approach and actually makes buying a car fun.
The only thing that would make it better if is he would start selling Fords.

Dawn Patrol
01-05-2005, 06:15 PM
If all sales people showed half of the compassion for their customers that Jay does , they would learn alot.
So very true. The only truck with all of the options I wanted was in Tahoe. The fleet manager told me if I wanted that truck, he would fly a guy up top Tahoe, and have it here the next Morning. I told him if he could do it , I'd buy it. I was shocked as hell, the exact truck was ready to go at 1pm (it did have 499 miles on it tho). They had my Reese Titan Hitch installed, the sliding Rear Window installed.
That was the easiest deal I have ever done on a Vehicle.
Some Sale People know how to take care of Biz, most will never figure it out.

XtrmWakeborder
01-05-2005, 06:24 PM
And people wonder why he has what 3 fountains? Haha best salesman ever, if i can freakin save my money Jay will be the first "and probably last" person i will see to get my new truck.

Kachina26
01-05-2005, 06:49 PM
kilrtoy it dosent matter even if you did live close, sales has nothing to do with service.mrsb is at dodge in sales and is good freind with all the service managers and about all that will get you is maybe a move up in line,sooner or later the professional mechanics will get there hands on it and that is when things go down hill.
Whatever :rolleyes:

roln 20s
01-05-2005, 08:43 PM
Kilrtoy-- glad to hear it worked out for you as well. I bought my truck from Jay in August- he delivered it to my house in Phoenix, AZ---I can't even order a pizza as easy I bought my truck. Jay is the best...I kinda want to buy a new truck just to experience the easy process again--what a market you have created Jay.
Good work and more props to Jay. I still recommend you all the time to board members and Phx friends. Expect some calls.
Roln 20s

BarryMac
01-05-2005, 08:45 PM
Wow, this is awesome to hear, I knew he was a great guy but you are all blowin me away with this info, I only wish my wife knew how bad I needed a new Duramax... :D

Parker Dreamin
01-05-2005, 09:32 PM
Went through Jay for my mother in law and also referred a good buddy to him.. he has never ever let me down. Stand up guy for sure. Keep it up Jay....

mmered8299
01-06-2005, 06:04 AM
Now if I could get Jay to work for FORD, then I would buy something from him. :D

shaffewm
01-06-2005, 06:32 AM
I never met Jay Photoglue. I heard from IN2MX that he purchased a Cheby from Jay and was singing praise and telling tall tales about Jay. So hearing these fairy tales I had to check for myself. I P.M.ed Jay on here and the next thing you know he is calling the house. He gets all my info and finds out what it is that I want. Two days later, he calls and says your truck is on the way to your house. Next thing I know, a saleman is here dropping off the wifes new truck I sign a few papers and he is off and my wife is in here new truck. all in less than 10 mintues
He says you want a vette its yours. He calls me the next day and says the vette will be dropped off tommorrow (wifes B-day). Im having it trailered to your house. I said I have to pass your dealership tommorrow, so I will pick it up. He says, Im in havasu, I wont be there to meet you. Is that is ok, I say no problem.
So I arrive and the sales man is waiting for me, Car is on the floor of the showroom with a huge sold sign and my name on it. Talk about feeling like a million bucks. I sign a few papers and 10 mintues later, im on my way.
Since Day one, Jay has been on it, he wanted to send a tow truck out before I even posted the problem on these boards.
I would recommend to anyone that Jay is the only person you should ever buy a chevy from.
The reason I did not want to use Jay is. I did not want to bother him as he is very far from where I live....
I also bought a truck from Jay and hands down it was the best buying experience I ever had. I never had to go to the dealership, just told him exactly what I wanted over the phone and had it delivered to the house AND they picked up my trade in at the same time....

Parker
01-06-2005, 07:00 AM
Over the years I have been a customer of Jay's, and more importantly have had no doubts about referring my customers and family to him. He has never let us down.

Artv
01-06-2005, 07:29 AM
I'll make sure to keep him in mind for next chevy..

Dave C
01-06-2005, 09:11 AM
sounds like someone knows the actual meaning of the term "service"
he should write a book... I know a few so-called "salespeople" that should read it. ;)

RP1
01-06-2005, 09:16 AM
Good to see that you posted this Kilr. I think the other thread was kinda going sideways without that being your intentions... way to clean it up for Jay. Looks like he does a great job and deserves the credit.
I too will be contacting him in the near future for a new truck.

boatnam2
01-06-2005, 10:33 AM
i knew that kachina 26 was going to disagree with me.i should of said not all mechanics only about 80%.my last good experience at a dealship my ford front end is shaking all over the place f250 dsl guys tell me you need a front stabalizer the truck is lifted so i say what ever just fix it im leaving for the river.i pick it up and head for the river shake is just as bad as ever.i get to the river go to put the boat in and the steering shock he put in bolt is hanging out and destroys my tire.so 120 bucks for the not needed steering deal and 300 for a tire plus most of a saturday wasted finding a tire in parker.oh yea top notch mechanics.

VEGASBABY
01-06-2005, 10:38 AM
Now if I could get Jay to work for FORD, then I would buy something from him. :D
Amen! brutha Amen!

78Eliminator
01-06-2005, 10:40 AM
Kilr, if you want that vette dyno tested let me know. I have a dyno tester right here, it's my right foot....... :rolleyes:

Boatcop
01-06-2005, 11:17 AM
I'll ditto the remarks about Jay.
Last July I asked about Chevy contacts on the board here on Monday. Talked to Jay on Tuesday. Within 10 minutes he had a line on the exact Tahoe I wanted. Offered to deliver it (to Parker) the next day, but since he was coming out that Friday, I had him wait till then.
Friday morning the truck was dropped of in my driveway, signed a few papers, and the deal was done.
Many thousands below any price I was quoted by anyone, anywhere else.
No pressure, just a willingness to take care of the Customer.
Thanks again, Jay. :D

Garrddogg
01-06-2005, 11:40 AM
I bought my last truck through carsdirect.com and was very happy with the whole deal,after hearin all of this about Jay it sounds like he is the guy to go with next time!

Kachina26
01-06-2005, 11:55 AM
i knew that kachina 26 was going to disagree with me.i should of said not all mechanics only about 80%.my last good experience at a dealship my ford front end is shaking all over the place f250 dsl guys tell me you need a front stabalizer the truck is lifted so i say what ever just fix it im leaving for the river.i pick it up and head for the river shake is just as bad as ever.i get to the river go to put the boat in and the steering shock he put in bolt is hanging out and destroys my tire.so 120 bucks for the not needed steering deal and 300 for a tire plus most of a saturday wasted finding a tire in parker.oh yea top notch mechanics.
Sad thing is, I don't think I can argue the 80% figure. Luckily, I work around a bunch of good technicians. But I see alot of hack work out there, so I know those guys are out there.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
01-06-2005, 01:21 PM
Kilr......
I'm thinkin' you may be gay.....or at least bi....... :rolleyes:
Please do not ever use the words JAY, UP FRONT & INCREDIBLE again in the same sentence....... :eek:
Hehe!
Later,
CJG
:)

PHOTOGLOU
01-06-2005, 01:44 PM
Chris it was good to see you the other night AND thanks again for dinner :crossx:

That Guy
01-06-2005, 04:47 PM
Chris it was good to see you the other night AND thanks again for dinner :crossx:
Chris bought you dinner? No full moon, no red tide, no - If you let me see your wife naked, I might buy you a cup of coffee.....what is up with that? :D :D

SHAKEN Not Stirred
01-06-2005, 05:03 PM
Chris bought you dinner? No full moon, no red tide, no - If you let me see your wife naked, I might buy you a cup of coffee.....what is up with that? :D :D
Yep.....
And I'm not even sucking up to get a deal on a Chevy...... :idea:
"Go POWERSTROKE !!!!!!!!.....or Tow SLOW !!!!!"........
I'm a nice guy HUH!!!...........
Later,
CJG
:D

DryHeatOnly
01-06-2005, 05:24 PM
I would have bought the 04 Burb from Jay but I was too embarrased to let him see my POS Astro Van trade-in :D
I did talk to him a couple of times. I bought somewhere else during his move between Camino and Power. Oh well...next time. :)
Kilr...with all the gushing, what are you buying next? You got a truck and a vette...what else is there? ;) ;) :D
It is definetely an advantage to deal with someone who has the power to give you the deal (not like dealing with a regular salesman). I had the same type of deals on the Burb and Ford F350 last year (both Internet sales deals). Much easier than walking in off the street.

Kilrtoy
01-06-2005, 05:36 PM
Where the hell is my cup of coffee :cool:

Garrddogg
01-06-2005, 05:40 PM
:coffeycup

MOBrien
01-06-2005, 06:04 PM
:idea: Hmmmmmm.
Give good deals and deliver your products........get a dock full-O-Fountains.
Ok I got it, everything I have is On Sale Now, thousands below where you'll find it anywhere else!!! Whatch you want? I'll have it in your driveway tomorrow! :D :p

PHOTOGLOU
01-06-2005, 08:28 PM
:idea: Hmmmmmm.
Give good deals and deliver your products........get a dock full-O-Fountains.
Ok I got it, everything I have is On Sale Now, thousands below where you'll find it anywhere else!!! Whatch you want? I'll have it in your driveway tomorrow! :D :p
Due to the fact I drive about 70,000 miles a year I normally buy a new vehicle every 4-6 months also so I can drive the product, with the boat I'm always wanting to go faster :D

MOBrien
01-06-2005, 08:54 PM
with the boat I'm always wanting to go faster :D
speed is a wicked addiction ..... but ya gotta love it!
Photoglou I've got some Q's for you. Mind if I send you a pm?

PHOTOGLOU
01-06-2005, 08:55 PM
Shoot .