PDA

View Full Version : info. on Costa Rica

plaster dave
01-05-2005, 11:29 PM
Anyone been, what to see, what to do? I will be there in March. I will be staying in San Jose and I forgot the other city will post it later. Any info would be great thanks.

DaveA
01-05-2005, 11:55 PM
Anyone been, what to see, what to do? I will be there in March. I will be staying in San Jose and I forgot the other city will post it later. Any info would be great thanks.
All I know is that all the Costa Ricans here talk about how wonderful their homeland is.
All I want to know is: Whaddya still doin' here ??
?

RiverOtter
01-06-2005, 05:12 AM
My brother just got back. Loved it!! Lots of pretty girls. Lots of pretty sceenry. Lots of great fishing. And the US dollar goes a loooooong way.

H20skier
01-06-2005, 05:48 AM
Been there twice, but just for a day (on cruises). Beautiful country, lovely, friendly people. Understand there is some great whitewater rafting. Enjoy.

jdogginla
01-06-2005, 06:32 AM
Beautiful beaches........great country. Most americans are unaware of the lush amenities. U can buy a beach front vacation villa for 100k and live like a king down there. If u wanted to live down there, you could live off the interest of your american dollar alone. Enjoy!

RiverOtter
01-06-2005, 06:59 AM
Beautiful beaches........great country. Most americans are unaware of the lush amenities. U can buy a beach front vacation villa for 100k and live like a king down there. If u wanted to live down there, you could live off the interest of your american dollar alone. Enjoy!
My brother talked to a guy down there that sold everything he had in the states and is doing just that. Bought a small (very small) hotel, remodled it, built some more units for $100,000 and lives like a king. :idea: :idea:

Waist Deep
01-06-2005, 07:03 AM
Take a tour to the Arenal Volcano & go to the natural hot springs there. Better yet, go to the rain forest. We stayed in Tamarindo and it was the best place ever.

jdogginla
01-06-2005, 07:38 AM
Just realized you stated San Jose.........that would be the capital, and about 2 hours away from the nearest beach. ;)

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-06-2005, 08:11 AM
Costa Rica is awesome! Definately go to Arenal volcano and the hot springs there. The rainforest is unbelievable too. Pretty much travel along the coast and you will love it. San Jose, in my opinion, sucked. ITs crowded and dirty, like Tijuana-ish.
If you happen upon a place called Jungla y Serendera de Los Lagos (or something like that), take the time to stop there. Its a little resort on the side of the volcano, you can hike thru rainforest to the lava line. It has a hotel and little cabins you can stay at. You can play with alligators and they have the most insane waterslide there ever. :p
Pretty much the entire country outside of the capital is just amazing!

al cole'holic
01-06-2005, 10:15 AM
PD talk to tcook33..he has been, loved it, and is now building a huge pad there :D

OC-PARTYCAT
01-06-2005, 11:16 AM
If you go into the rainforest you better plug your coolo. They have bugs that love to crawl up in ya.....didnt happen to me, just a story I heard.

ELIMINAT THIS
01-06-2005, 11:51 AM
My brother talked to a guy down there that sold everything he had in the states and is doing just that. Bought a small (very small) hotel, remodled it, built some more units for $100,000 and lives like a king. :idea: :idea:
RiverOtter the guy your brother talked to was he from N.Cal. My buddys brother just did that last year. We might go down this year and check it out. :cool: