PDA

View Full Version : Off Topic: Pink Slip Help

RiverRatMike
01-06-2005, 12:09 AM
I'm selling my old 1984 TT600 4 stroker. Well I have it listed on ebay and went looking for the pink slip today and was unable to locate it. I'm trying to find out information about what I need to do and who to contact on how to get another pink slip sent to me. The bike is registered in California and I now live in Arizona. Anyone know who I could call to get this straightened out? Who I need to call? I'd really appreciate any information. Thanks....

ROZ
01-06-2005, 12:17 AM
my bro needed to do thesame to donate a trailer without pink slip.. Go to california DMV online... I think there was a form that enabled to transfer ownership w/o pink slip... All I know is that it can be done :D
Good luck...

RiverRatMike
01-06-2005, 12:19 AM
my bro needed to do thesame to donate a trailer without pink slip.. Go to california DMV online... I think there was a form that enabled to transfer ownership w/o pink slip... All I know is that it can be done :D
Good luck...
Thanks ROZ, I'll look into it.

Havasu Hangin'
01-06-2005, 04:53 AM
Yeah, what Roz said.
All the new owner needs is a bill of sale and a request for a title from the DMV.

phebus
01-06-2005, 08:07 AM
Mike, if you had any doubts at all about your move to AZ., one experience with the CA DMV will cure that. Good luck!! :D

roostwear
01-06-2005, 08:26 AM
AZ motor vehicle dept has there own problems. Tried to register my 96 Kawasaki in AZ (never been registered, was originally purchased from Kaw, and only have certificate of origin, and bill of sale from last owner). They tell me they need the original bill from the dealer. I tell them it's a works bike and was purchased directly from the manufacturer. They point to the address on the C.O. and say this is the dealer. I tell them that THAT is the manufacturer. They don't grasp the concept. "Well, you can't register it here until we see the original bill of sale showing what fees were paid". The bill of sale isn't good enough because it isn't notarized. F that, it's easier to get it titled in California! Even my son's xr100 needed an inspection before title transfer, and "the inspector doesn't get into trucks to check it, you'll have to unload it". Not that big of a deal, but easier that Calif DMV? NO........

RiverRatMike
01-06-2005, 10:37 AM
thanks for the info, still up in the air about all this.

TRIMM MANN
01-06-2005, 01:13 PM
All you need is a Duplicate Pink Slip Form. You can download it off the DMV.GOV website or PM me and I will send you one.
Kenny

RiverRatMike
01-06-2005, 11:59 PM
All you need is a Duplicate Pink Slip Form. You can download it off the DMV.GOV website or PM me and I will send you one.
Kenny
I got the form downloaded and it's sent in the mail along with $16 for the duplicate copy.

Kilrtoy
01-07-2005, 01:09 AM
Ok here is the problem,
most, Just about all the techs at the DMV have no clue what is the cortrect thing to do.
If the computer in fornt of them shows error, then they tell you some BS. You need to know the law and also deal with a manager and HAVE THEM SHOW YOU IN WRITING, what the law is. Once this happens you will all be clear sailing....