PDA

View Full Version : Any News on CFW Sinking

charitycase
01-06-2005, 11:53 AM
I just wanted to know if the boys from Texas were able to find the boat that sank on NewYears.

Unforgiven
01-06-2005, 12:40 PM
we were there to watch the sinking......hope they find it soon....another major storm is cumin in.......damm, I wonder if he'll buy a flatbottom if he can't get his other boat back????

fastvdriver
01-06-2005, 06:17 PM
Hey Charitycase,
it was good to meet you at CFW we are already making plans for next year! We are also going to make a week long trip to CFW this summer we will post the dates when the plans are set. thanks for use of the e-z ups and heaters

ACCEPTENCE
01-06-2005, 10:07 PM
I just wanted to know if the boys from Texas were able to find the boat that sank on NewYears.
Hummmmmm...what's this???
What's the story???

Boy Named Sue
01-06-2005, 10:10 PM
Go to Just Jets, CFW Sinking thread, watch the video.

fleetimus
01-06-2005, 10:16 PM
The boys from Texas went MIA. We are trying to pinpoint the boat and then I will call in divers.

ACCEPTENCE
01-06-2005, 10:18 PM
So whats the deal, howed it go down???
Cracks or swamped???

ACCEPTENCE
01-06-2005, 10:33 PM
Just viewed the pictures that K-Flat sent me.
Your boat is not far from there and is very recoverable.
You may be needing side scan sonar & GPS and then drop a hook into it.
Keep us posted...

BILLY.B
01-07-2005, 05:55 AM
Hummmmmm...what's this???
What's the story??? If you'd return calls you'd know all about this thread :notam:. Oh well maybe next time :cry: :D

Jet City
01-07-2005, 07:58 AM
So whats the deal, howed it go down???
Cracks or swamped???
They suspect a hand-hole cover failure on the jetpump, very unfortunate.

JEThro
01-07-2005, 07:00 PM
We were out there yesterday with 3 boats with fish finders/sonars. We had some hits that looked very promising,one looked real good. A bouy was placed to mark the spot plus GPS was also used. I know that we were real close to where the boat went down. We got a visual bearing from the ramp to the shore on the other side of the lake. The water is rising real fast.

Cas
01-07-2005, 09:37 PM
Acceptence,
Since you do recoveries for a living, would you mind posting up some of the info you relayed to me this morning on the Banderlog board? I think it would be very helpful and very much appreciated.

Sherpa
01-09-2005, 07:58 AM
to the top...........
I hope somebody get's video of the rising...
--Sherpa

SANGER-RICH
01-15-2005, 05:01 PM
any more info on the sinker at CFW and does anyone have still pictures of what the boat looks like and what make it was? I have 2 jets and never heard of the hand hole cover comming off. I check mine on a reg. basis on my wifes cruiser my lil 16 footer has the wrench that locks the cover on between the bolts. is this an offen accurance or a rare one??

LakesOnly
01-15-2005, 09:31 PM
I have 2 jets and never heard of the hand hole cover comming off... is this an offen accurance or a rare one??
I was in a boat earlier this year at Smellsomore. (Incidentally, that lake is aptly nick-named.) I was sitting in the back seat during a "test & tune," as the boat operator was starting to get on it. At 72 MPH, the hand-hole cover broke apart. Ten seconds later, I was treading water and the boat was underwater (except for the tip of the bow).
It doesn't have to be a common occurrence and certainly shouldn't be if you are inspecting yours regularly. Other than poor upkeep, other factors come into play as one tries to make his boat faster; the wrong set-up can actually blow a cover off the pump housing of some pump brands. That was the final evaluation in the case of the boat that I was in.
LO

LakesOnly
01-15-2005, 10:04 PM
By the way, no info on the sunken boat. I did pass by CFW yesterday (Friday) and not a soul was there. The buoy was marking the boat's last sighted location and the water was smooth as glass.
The lake is filling up faster than usual. Here is a shot of Quarter Mile Cove, looking toward the start:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/350QM_Cove_Jan_05_1.jpg
And here's a shot from the same spot, looking toward the dam and bridge:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/350QM_Cove_Jan_01_2.jpg
Cold and gray, but filling quickly for mid-January.
LO

MR.T
01-16-2005, 08:34 AM
By the way, no info on the sunken boat. I did pass by CFW yesterday (Friday) and not a soul was there. The buoy was marking the boat's last sighted location and the water was smooth as glass.
The lake is filling up faster than usual. Here is a shot of Quarter Mile Cove, looking toward the start:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/350QM_Cove_Jan_05_1.jpg
And here's a shot from the same spot, looking toward the dam and bridge:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/350QM_Cove_Jan_01_2.jpg
Cold and gray, but filling quickly for mid-January.
LO
YIPEEE! The cove has water in it. New Years day it was dry. Looking forward to the first saturday of Feb.

LakesOnly
01-16-2005, 09:36 AM
Watch out for debris...
LO