PDA

View Full Version : need block wall in Bullhead City

RiverForUs
01-07-2005, 12:44 AM
It looks like I'll need $10-12k of retaining walls for my lot in Bullhead. I have a couple of bids and was wondering if anyone on the boards knew of someone reputable out there?

Kilrtoy
01-07-2005, 01:13 AM
My partner at work, his Bro in Law is a big time home builder out there and his specialty is concrete, in all forms.
I'll check with him tommorrow and get back with you.....
KT
Oh by the way that boat looks familiar

voodoomedman
01-07-2005, 08:17 PM
My partner at work, his Bro in Law is a big time home builder out there and his specialty is concrete, in all forms.
KT
Why didn't you say something before I bought a house in Havasu?

Kilrtoy
01-07-2005, 08:42 PM
he only works in BULLHEAD, and I cant get ahold of my buddy as of yet

RiverForUs
01-08-2005, 12:45 AM
Did you get a quote from Raydean fencing John. They did a chain link for me. The son is a little cocky but got the job done.
...but I'll try to give them a call Saturday. Looking for 66' of 6' high retaining wall plus up to 142' of 3'-4' retaining wall as well as a couple of other real small retainers.
Next door neighbor was going to split the cost of the 142' wall. Now he's going to split the cost of his back wall with the neighbor behind us and says he can't afford to do that one and the one between us! It looks like I might have to bear the cost of the whole thing. :frown: The neighbor behind us says he's not interested in splitting a wall between him and me. It looks like they may have caught on that I need these walls to accommodate my house and septic/leach lines & reserve field and figure that if I have to build these walls why should they contibute to the cost!

RiverForUs
01-08-2005, 12:50 AM
KT
Let me know as soon as you can.

Floored
01-08-2005, 02:04 PM
maybe try a small co. out here called Diamondback Masonary. we deliver their concrete and sand and they do good work. BHC area. 928-768-1700 eagle fence 1-800-364-3756 stans masonary 928-763-1681 these are three that I have dealt with at work.

RiverForUs
01-08-2005, 02:54 PM
maybe try a small co. out here called Diamondback Masonary. we deliver their concrete and sand and they do good work. BHC area. 928-768-1700 eagle fence 1-800-364-3756 stans masonary 928-763-1681 these are three that I have dealt with at work.
I already left a message at Eagle about 15 minutes ago. I'll try the other 2 now.
Will I get the "good guy" discount if I drop your name? ;) :D

Floored
01-09-2005, 11:54 AM
probably go up 15% then. they are just customers of Rinker where I work. good luck

RiverForUs
01-11-2005, 11:45 AM
he only works in BULLHEAD, and I cant get ahold of my buddy as of yet
Kilr,
Can you get me a name?
I called 12 businesses out of the phone book on Saturday and left messages. I know it's busy out there. I actually heard back from one guy Sunday and one on Monday. If I don't hear from any others by Wed. p.m. I'm leaning towards an outift named Russell Ironworks. Pretty competetive price and great terms. Actually cost me nothing up front--they build on their dime. Wanted 85% after job was done and signed off and the remaining 15% after backfilling. Can't beat that!
Any of you BHC peeps heard anything (good or bad) about Russell Ironworks?

Floored
01-11-2005, 02:26 PM
Russell is doing most of the wall work in the new Laughlin Ranch project. very busy but probably getting good price break on material because of it.

RiverForUs
01-11-2005, 09:41 PM
...Isn't the contractor supposed to handle this kind of stuff for you?
I could have him do it but the guy he uses is a bit pricey AND he adds on his 20% G.C. fee. For the retaining walls alone, I can get it done for about $4600 less plus an additional 20% would be a savings of $5500 by doing the legwork myself! That's a chunk of change. The savings only get's bigger if I go ahead and do the 5' high block columns and wrought iron on top of the retaining walls. For the inconvenience of doing this myself, I could use the money for: a bigger house or a bigger garage or furnishing the house or some landscaping or a combination of these. Maybe even put A/C in the garage! :)

RiverForUs
01-11-2005, 11:56 PM
Or upgrade that boat :)
I said I might save 5k, not 25k!

Waist Deep
01-12-2005, 06:34 AM
Call Gary @ CalZon Fence Company in BHC. Best Prices and quality work. Let him jnow the guy with the 21 Daytona referred ya.

RiverForUs
01-12-2005, 01:09 PM
Call Gary @ CalZon Fence Company in BHC. Best Prices and quality work. Let him jnow the guy with the 21 Daytona referred ya.
I called them on Saturday and left a message. I'm sure they were closed on the weekend and are very busy like everyone else out there.....but, it's now Tuesday and no return phone call :idea:
From what I hear (and read on these forums) that's pretty much par for the course for the river area contractors.

Waist Deep
01-12-2005, 04:30 PM
I'll call him and find out WTF. Be in touch

Edmond
01-14-2005, 07:55 AM
Its probably too late.... but I had Russell Iron Works do a fence for me last year, I was very pleased with the quality of work, they were a little slow but I think they were/are very busy. I would recommend them.

roostwear
01-14-2005, 08:55 AM
Anyone know a good, reliable builder/contractor in BHC to build my house? I'm probably asking alot, but referrals are better than trial and error.

Sanger D
01-14-2005, 09:51 AM
Russells Ironworks did my block wall and was pretty good about time and money,he was cheaper than any one else and it got done!!2 days was all it took,2800 for a 30x 18x18 WITH a gate of my choise,I drew up a siluette of a flatty on the water and a sun and his guy cut it out and it turned out bitchin!!!it was a double split face block,he even gave me a crap load of left over block to do my planters,I,d deffinately go with larry,s outfit!!BHC is a pretty flaky place when it comes to service. :D

RiverForUs
01-14-2005, 10:53 PM
Its probably too late.... but I had Russell Iron Works .
I called them Thursday to give 'em the job and talked to a gal in the office. Didn't hear back from Larry Thurs or Fri.
BHC is a pretty flaky place when it comes to service.
That's what I'm learning.

Floored
01-15-2005, 07:17 AM
the last year and a half this place has exploded with building. most housing projects have a 6 mo to year wait for your home to be built. not enough good workers to keep up and yes there are always flakes. The good contractors are ass deep in work even in the winter. we are startin at 2-3 am every morning pouring slabs and working 10-14 hours and even open today to play catchup. Homes here went up 57% last year alone. at this rate they are going to have to put traffic signals and floating white lines on the river for traffic control.

Sanger D
01-15-2005, 07:55 AM
I called them Thursday to give 'em the job and talked to a gal in the office. Didn't hear back from Larry Thurs or Fri.
That's what I'm learning. He,s probably busy tyring too catchup, all the rain.! give em another call and try not to be to much in a hurry,hes a good guy and his office help is some what shakey at times,call again early in the morning on monday ,you,ll probably get him on the phone personally,things move preety slow in bullhead ,its like mayberry down here!!! :sleeping:

RiverForUs
01-15-2005, 09:03 PM
He,s probably busy tyring too catchup, all the rain.! give em another call and try not to be to much in a hurry,hes a good guy and his office help is some what shakey at times,call again early in the morning on monday ,you,ll probably get him on the phone personally,things move preety slow in bullhead ,its like mayberry down here!!! :sleeping:
Do you think he'll be in on Monday? It's Martin Luther King Day and I hear some folks get that day off. :yuk:
Lupe in the office said they were playing catch up since the rain. Just before, I guess they had block wall guys sitttin around waiting for the work. The wrought iron guys are the busy ones. I guess they're doing a bunch of work in Laughlin Ranch.
I don't know if wanting this done in one month is considered a hurry or not? My builder anticipates breaking ground in a month and says if I hire the guys myself, they have to be done and off the lot before he starts. Liability reasons maybe? So if he takes 6 weeks, that may put my builder 2 weeks behind schedule (which is already 4 months behind :confused: )
He sounded like a good guy on the phone--that's one of the reasons why I decided to go with him. That and the competitive price and easy terms! ;)

Terry
04-17-2006, 01:12 AM
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1903404#post1903404
Just in case anyone is still receiving alerts from this ancient thread..am looking for same input as was discussed over a year ago here but more updated...
Not sure if a reply to a post this old will work but..the new thread is shown above.
Thanks!

hava life
04-18-2006, 04:31 PM
Larry is real busy at Laughlin ranch, but I can free him up for a day or two. :) He has just started doing walls in there. Eagle still has most of the work up there. We have been using both for a few years now.