PDA

View Full Version : Another Lawsuit for the Archives..........

Rod-64
01-07-2005, 12:35 PM
'Fear Factor' sued for rat-eating episode
Viewer contends show caused him 'injury and great pain'
CLEVELAND, Ohio (AP) -- A viewer is suing NBC for $2.5 million, contending that he threw up because of a "Fear Factor" episode in which contestants ate rats mixed in a blender.
Austin Aitken told The Associated Press he watches "Fear Factor" often and had no problem with past installments where the reality show's participants ate worms and insects in pursuit of a $50,000 prize -- but eating rats went "too far."
"It's barbaric, some of the things they ask these individuals to do," Aitken said Thursday.
Aitken's handwritten lawsuit contends the rat-eating made his blood pressure rise, resulting in being dizzy and lightheaded -- and vomiting. Because he was disoriented he ran into a doorway, "causing suffering, injury and great pain."
Asked why he didn't shut off his television before the rat-eating segment, Aitken said he couldn't do it quick enough.
NBC responded with a brief statement: "We believe that the claim is completely without merit."
Aitken, a 49-year-old part-time paralegal, said he wants to send a message to NBC and other networks with the lawsuit. He said he isn't concerned with winning a cash judgment in court.
"I just put any figure. You really think I expect to get $2.5 million?" he said.

HCS
01-07-2005, 12:39 PM
Nice. Eating rats the have been blended. That's what I want for lunch.
Don't they tell you what it is before you eat it? I saw a chick throw up from drinking bile from a cow. :jawdrop: She new what it was first.
Nice subject before lunch. :D

superdave013
01-07-2005, 12:46 PM
no soup for Aitken!

Rod-64
01-07-2005, 12:52 PM
Nice. Eating rats the have been blended. That's what I want for lunch.
Don't they tell you what it is before you eat it? I saw a chick throw up from drinking bile from a cow. :jawdrop: She new what it was first.
Nice subject before lunch. :D
We're an hour ahead so it's after lunch here........ :D :D :D

Ion
01-07-2005, 01:52 PM
Just another example of a douchebag who needs to GET A LIFE!

switchin'addiction
01-07-2005, 01:59 PM
Just another example of a douchebag who needs to GET A LIFE!
Pretty well sums it up right there.

burtandnancy
01-07-2005, 03:13 PM
We've all seen Ackroid do the Bass-O-Matic many times. Should we start a class action suit?