PDA

View Full Version : Newbie ?s Jet or v-drive

Sir Psycho Sexy
01-07-2005, 06:05 PM
I've been into fast cars for A long time, and now i've caught the boat bug. This spring I bought an old 21' sea ray with A 351 ford. The boat will run about 52 mph, and has been great fun. I only bought it because my son wanted to learn to ski, But now I have the FEVER. I've been looking around at different lake rod type boats, but I don't know much about them. I'm looking to spend around 8 grand, and would like to see an honest 80 mph. Is this possible? If so would I be better off buying A jet or A V-drive? Also what type of hull would be best for all around lake use?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

V-Drive Tom
01-07-2005, 07:10 PM
WELL....Sir Psycho Sexy...!!??
Yes you should get a v-drive and not a jet. ( My not so humble opinion :D )
A flatbottom type 18ft boat will be easiest to find and work good for all around use and also be alot of fun to drive. Yes you can go 80 mph for 8 thousand dollars. I will let others here fill you in on some of the other details.
Your profile says NOTHING about where you live. Some areas are hard to find good v-drive boats. Have Fun!! TOM.. ;)

jdf
01-07-2005, 07:27 PM
you said it tom

Fiat48
01-07-2005, 07:32 PM
Buy this one. http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60942

Sir Psycho Sexy
01-07-2005, 07:51 PM
Sorry 'bout that, I'm in Indianapolis IN. Yes V-drives,and jets are both very hard to find around here. I did come across A "Frahs" 18' flat bottom in IL. Anyone ever heard of this hull maker? It has A 427bbc , power glide, casale 18%, 1 1/8 prop shaft, 11x14 prop. I'm just goin' on what the owner told me. He couldn't send me pics but, he said the boat is "rough but runs". He wants 3500 for it. I may go look at it this weekend, if it's not snowin'.
By the way, Voodoo your boat looks bad ass. Where are you located? That thing doesn't happen to run on pump gas does it?

Sir Psycho Sexy
01-07-2005, 07:55 PM
Oh Yeah, the whole "sir psycho sexy" thing stems from an old Red Hot Chili Peppers song. It's A long story..... :rollside:

fltflyn
01-07-2005, 08:18 PM
oh yeah voodoos boat is bad ass. clean sharp and fast!!! can't go wrong there.would buy it but already have two.

Jake W2
01-07-2005, 08:22 PM
JETBOAT
Buy your self a nice 19 Califorina Performance gullwing or mabey where you are located it might be easer to find a Condor TX 19 you can find one for less than 8000 and set up rite it will run in the 80s with a dependable pump gas motor.I see them for sale for 6000 to 8000 all the time.
And with one of these you can run and ski with it all day long and not need to put it up after the morning glass is over.
All though this is in the V drive section mabey you have all ready made up your mind. :hammerhea
Jake :eek:

FlatStupid
01-07-2005, 08:26 PM
I've been into fast cars for A long time, and now i've caught the boat bug. This spring I bought an old 21' sea ray with A 351 ford. The boat will run about 52 mph, and has been great fun. I only bought it because my son wanted to learn to ski, But now I have the FEVER. I've been looking around at different lake rod type boats, but I don't know much about them. I'm looking to spend around 8 grand, and would like to see an honest 80 mph. Is this possible? If so would I be better off buying A jet or A V-drive? Also what type of hull would be best for all around lake use?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated... See now I'm naturally suspicious. God damn Jim Anderson. Buy a jet, 8 grand= 100mph! Sorry Sir Psycho Sexy,the name alone tells me there's a jet in your future!! :D :boxingguy Nobody hangin round here but old guys with fast Iron?

Shark In The Pond
01-07-2005, 08:30 PM
Must be a newbie ,hell with this title alone you can start a war ! Oh and I say Jet but V-drives are very cool also .

Jake W2
01-07-2005, 08:32 PM
Just think Flat Stupid one of these days one of us young guys are going to own one of you old guys boats . :supp:
Jake

FlatStupid
01-07-2005, 08:44 PM
Just think Flat Stupid one of these days one of us young guys are going to own one of you old guys boats . :supp:
Jake Yep and then you'll put at that Berekely in the tub where it belongs :idea: :yuk:

Jake W2
01-07-2005, 08:47 PM
You V drive guys are the greatest be sure to take real good care of the Boat :shift: We do not want any scratches on them.
Jake

GofastRacer
01-07-2005, 08:54 PM
Just get a "B" boat and be done with it!. :D

Sir Psycho Sexy
01-07-2005, 09:00 PM
I know it was probably A joke, but what is A "B Boat"?

Jake W2
01-07-2005, 09:02 PM
Biesemeyer :sleeping:
Jake

FlatStupid
01-07-2005, 09:04 PM
I know it was probably A joke, but what is A "B Boat"? Go Fast you better handle this I'm likely to say something STUPID! :D :D

coolchange
01-07-2005, 09:11 PM
ever notice how the jet guys seem to hang out over here. Might tell ya somethin.

Jake W2
01-07-2005, 09:16 PM
Sucking up all you old guys info. :cool:
Jake

Sir Psycho Sexy
01-07-2005, 09:19 PM
ever notice how the jet guys seem to hang out over here. Might tell ya somethin.
:idea: Even though I'm A newbie, I have noticed exactly that. :confused:

voodooCanoe
01-07-2005, 09:28 PM
Psycho- check your p.m.'s

voodooCanoe
01-07-2005, 09:31 PM
oh yeah voodoos boat is bad ass. clean sharp and fast!!! can't go wrong there.would buy it but already have two.
Ryan, is that you? Welcome to the boards.
Thanks for the kind words.

Sir Psycho Sexy
01-07-2005, 10:23 PM
i just checked "em, I'll call you later today voodoo.

Jet City
01-07-2005, 10:33 PM
I've had both, they are both great at certain things and not so great at certain things, I'd just do some lurking here and in jets and learn which charicteristics match your needs and wants, you'll be attracted to go one way or the other.
There are some nice boats to choose from on these boards, I'll second the comment about Voodoo's Howard, I would be very interested in that boat if I was looking. You will find in both jet and V-drive, there is a world of difference in hull design, weight, strength, stability and quality, pick a worthy hull before funneling the money in.

fltflyn
01-07-2005, 10:33 PM
hell yea rob can't miss out on all this flat fun. ha ha. c'mon

Jetboatguru
01-07-2005, 10:56 PM
Who is Fltflyn and what the hell does he know about flats? :rollside:

DetroitJim
01-08-2005, 03:55 AM
Here you go, guaranteed 80 mph and it's only $6,500 and it's only a few hour's drive away!
1975 Sanger
original paint, nice seats, whirlaway, 22% Casale, Stellings prop, Bergeron rudder.
Fresh 468, 9:1, RPM cam & intake (Sorry, blower is extra!), Merlin heads
V/M tandem trailer
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/181boat1-med.JPG

Sanger D
01-08-2005, 05:53 AM
If you are a newby to hot rod boating then start smart,put your ass in a flatty!!.dragboats.com has some eccelant buys on it right now.STAY AWAY from JETS,you don,t need to be paying dive teams to recover your boat from the bottom!!!!!.the voodoo canoes howard is a very bad ass boat with PROVEN ability,(if affordable for you) then his boat would be MORE then ample to your needs,but you,d be doin more than 80 mph my friend,so hang on to your ass,and lets see a jet run the numbers that howard will for the PRICE!!!!
can,t argue with that, so don,t even try :D
Sanger D hey there you go, nice 75 sanger danm good boat too.

waterwitch
01-08-2005, 08:37 AM
What's up with all the "old" comments...
We are not old! Wait let me check...
I think I forgot... Am I old.??..
Damn alltimers settin' in!!! :D

wsuwrhr
01-08-2005, 08:42 AM
Nobody hangin round here but old guys with fast Iron?
Hey pal, :confused: :confused:
Brian

wsuwrhr
01-08-2005, 08:44 AM
pick a worthy hull before funneling the money in.
Yep.
Brian

BK
01-08-2005, 10:39 AM
STAY AWAY from JETS,you don,t need to be paying dive teams to recover your boat from the bottom!!!!!.
So a flatty could never sink?
Under the circumstances that are being delt with at this time dont you think that statement was a little harsh? Or mabye just plane inconsiderate, moronic, stupid, classless, should I go on?

MR.T
01-08-2005, 11:27 AM
What's up with all the "old" comments...
We are not old! Wait let me check...
I think I forgot... Am I old.??..
Damn alltimers settin' in!!! :D
It's damn oldtimers settin' in J/K!!!

Jake W2
01-08-2005, 03:35 PM
I would bet more flats have sank then jets over the years. :hammer2:
Jake

dmontzsta
01-08-2005, 04:02 PM
V-Drive
Jet boats are nice, but it is going to take more work to get 80mph than it would out of a V-Drive. If you are on a $8k budget find a V-Drive with a BB and you should be in the 70s damn near stock. With time just build the motor up (Cam, Intake) and you will see 80.

NitroMan
01-08-2005, 04:58 PM
I would bet more flats have sank then jets over the years. :hammer2:
Jake
Jets usually have more freeboard but...its usually operator error that sinks a boat. A little common sense in the way of splash guards, mechanical proficiency (i.e. drain plugs man hole covers being on, in and tight) and a basic awareness of water conditions (from weather or currents) or the idiots around you. I will say bad luck has taken a few also (both types).
Someone who thinks propulsion choice alone dictates how much useage a boat can take is not a person to take advise from.
The v-drive has the most performance potential generally at the expense of seating space. The jet can run in shallower water. The v-drive is more fuel efficient. Jets can roost (something they brag about :rolleyes: ).V-drivers get the hottest chicks. It all depends on your prioritys and how much cash you want to throw down.

Jake W2
01-08-2005, 06:58 PM
My argument about water conditions was about hull design not drive.They both make cruzers.I gave a certin hull design that I know will go 80 with minimal work and a simple engine you can use it all day,ski behind it and fit up to 5 people in it.
You can use a b boat for this sure but only fit 2 peps in it.
You guys have me all wrong ,flats ect are cool ass boats,this guy is a nubee to performance boating I do not think he needs alky K boat to blast his kids around on skis with.
Jake :shift:

Jake W2
01-08-2005, 07:07 PM
To help this guy why dont you guys direct him to a hull you know you can use all day ski behind fit at least 4 people in that is a low freeboard boat that is a good hull ,nice looking design.We all have a comon intrest to go fast and be safe and look and sound good doing it.
Jake

Jet City
01-08-2005, 07:55 PM
To help this guy why dont you guys direct him to a hull you know you can use all day ski behind fit at least 4 people in that is a low freeboard boat that is a good hull ,nice looking design.We all have a comon intrest to go fast and be safe and look and sound good doing it.
Jake
I believe you just described Detroit Jims boat, the one for sale about 8 posts North of this one.

Jake W2
01-08-2005, 07:58 PM
I agree that Sanger is really nice looking.Just watch the kiddes with the back to backs.
Jake

superdave013
01-08-2005, 09:04 PM
Jake
Jim's sanger looks spotless in every pic I've seen. Anyone in the mid west that's looking for a flatbottom should give it a look.
For an all around ski boat this is the deal. To bad it's out of his price range. I've seen this one and it's nicer then any pic will show.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64835
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/vdvneedles/images/Grabbed%20Frame%2027.jpg

dmontzsta
01-08-2005, 09:11 PM
The back to backs are fine, we have had them for 9 years. When you are skiing you are not going fast enough to be scared and they work well since the person in the back can face the skiier at all times. I would not do any speed runs with someone in the back of anything though, even with sideways facing seats. Save the speed runs for your buddies or one or two kids. Personally, I love the bench up front, it works perfect! 3 people for speed runs...

Sir Psycho Sexy
01-08-2005, 09:30 PM
Detroit Jim sent me A bunch of pics of his sanger today. It is A very good lookin boat, and the classic "70s" paint is unreal. Trying to find A smooth enough aproach to break it to my wife that it's time to consider A new toy.
I hopefully will be headed up to see ya next weekend Jim.
by the way......that day cruiser does looks tough, just A little out of my price range. :2purples:

steelcomp
01-08-2005, 09:45 PM
If you're going to get a flat and run it in anything but glass, go to the drug store and get yourself one of those plastic things foot ball players wear...it's called a mouth guard...keeps you from breakin your teeth! :cool:

TRG
01-08-2005, 09:47 PM
i dont think 8K and an 80 mph jet is that unatainable, with a mild motor and some pump work and a nice hull,...no problem!
most jets that are capeable of this task are all over the trader for under 8K and with a few hundred dollars and the help of the HB boards, that is way possible!
if it were me, i would feel more safe with a jet only because they are more user friendly and can be a bit easier to handle under pressure.

AzMandella
01-08-2005, 10:09 PM
i dont think 8K and an 80 mph jet is that unatainable, with a mild motor and some pump work and a nice hull,...n :hammerhea o problem!
most jets that are capeable of this task are all over the trader for under 8K and with a few hundred dollars and the help of the HB boards, that is way possible!
if it were me, i would feel more safe with a jet only because they are more user friendly and can be a bit easier to handle under pressure.
A bit easier to handle under preasure? Everyone knows a V-drive will outhandle a Jet boat.They steer better,slow down faster,and still turn when idling.I think I would rather have a good handling boat if a situation arose that would cause any preasure.

Jake W2
01-08-2005, 10:29 PM
You guys ever see the RR1 Video where the guy lets up on the down petal to fast the boat just about does a U turn?
Jetboat stab and steer :D
Jake

Sir Psycho Sexy
01-08-2005, 10:39 PM
i dont think 8K and an 80 mph jet is that unatainable, with a mild motor and some pump work and a nice hull,...no problem!
I do like the idea of having more interior room, and having reverse. It just seems like everything I have read tells me that guys are spending some serious coin to go fast in A jet. Am I wrong?
I talked to A guy with an 18' tahiti, and another guy with A 20' taylor ss today. Both had pretty well built BBCs in them, and neither of them would hit 80. I don't know any of the specs on the pumps or anything like that, but they were both pretty close to the top of my budget.

wsuwrhr
01-08-2005, 10:59 PM
Jim's sanger looks spotless in every pic I've seen. Anyone in the mid west that's looking for a flatbottom should give it a look.
For an all around ski boat this is the deal. To bad it's out of his price range. I've seen this one and it's nicer then any pic will show.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64835
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/vdvneedles/images/Grabbed%20Frame%2027.jpg
Looks like a big boat hauling the mail.
Brian

steelcomp
01-08-2005, 11:12 PM
A bit easier to handle under preasure? Everyone knows a V-drive will outhandle a Jet boat.They steer better,slow down faster,and still turn when idling.I think I would rather have a good handling boat if a situation arose that would cause any preasure.
Yeah, right! :p

Roman 1
01-09-2005, 12:14 AM
I do like the idea of having more interior room, and having reverse. It just seems like everything I have read tells me that guys are spending some serious coin to go fast in A jet. Am I wrong?
I talked to A guy with an 18' tahiti, and another guy with A 20' taylor ss today. Both had pretty well built BBCs in them, and neither of them would hit 80. I don't know any of the specs on the pumps or anything like that, but they were both pretty close to the top of my budget.
Steelcomp is a frail wimp with false teeth that cant take a few bumps :D
Go drive that Sanger flat then drive a few jets. If you end up buying a jet, at least you knew what you gave up.
R1

Jake W2
01-09-2005, 05:34 AM
You talked to a guy with a TAYLOR SS and a TAHITI theres the problem both very heavy boats with a ton of hook in them shit the Taylor has a high deck and a windshield nither one of thoes has a performance bottom on it but the Taylor would be a great ski boat.
Dont let these guys fool you a V drive will cost you some money to.These guys are all the time talking about how the motor and propshaft is not in the rite place.
Jake

steelcomp
01-09-2005, 07:07 AM
:D Steelcomp is a frail wimp with false teeth that cant take a few bumps :D
Go drive that Sanger flat then drive a few jets. If you end up buying a jet, at least you knew what you gave up.
R1
Who left the bench racer's door open again?? Damn it Roman, get beck where you belong, AND CLOSE THE DOOR!!! :hammerhea :D

waterwitch
01-09-2005, 10:33 AM
Wasn't this same conversation
hashed out, about a month ago.
I recall reading the same words
early..........
Will the v-drive/jet thing ever be
settled? I think not...
Just like the chevy/ford thing....
(chevy allllll the way :D :D )

Sir Psycho Sexy
01-09-2005, 10:49 AM
early..........
settled? I think not...
You bring up A good point. Should I buy A boat with A chevy or A ford engine??? Maybe A chrysler??? :D :D :D
Thats's funny to me!!!

Sanger D
01-09-2005, 11:05 AM
Under the circumstances that are being delt with at this time dont you think that statement was a little harsh? Or mabye just plane inconsiderate, moronic, stupid, classless, should I go on?
First off,what have you done to help tim? how much money did you donate for the cause?Iknow what I,v done,and I feel for tim very much,but its not my fault he owned a JET with a 5" hole in the back the pump.And of course flats sink,its just ussually when there gettin the sides ripped out of them or turnin over,does,nt ussually happen from a shaft seal or rudder seal,water pump,stuffing box,skagg seal.I,m just trying to save the newby from some rediculous heart ache.!!!And I think he said something about doin 80 on 8 K.lets be real,someone with ajet thats dumped a whole bunch of money init and is now hurtin will be the only way THATS gonna happen.not to mention the eccess hole on the bow of that boat that gave out,thats why it sunk like a rock,ANY boat with a sealed bow will hang on for 15min. or more,long enoughto get a rope to the bow eye.what happened to tim was very unfortunate and I,v helped to do something about it and I don,t even know the guy,so before you start givin your EXPERT opinion on what you think of my statement,maybe you should help to educate the newby about your 5'' hole,since its something that happens quite frequent with jets.Most jet owners I,ve talked to have ALL hadthe same story about that sub."my hand hole popped of or it cracked",so keep your insults to yourself,and try to have a nice day :messedup:

Sanger D
01-09-2005, 11:11 AM
Steelcomp is a frail wimp with false teeth that cant take a few bumps :D
R1
RRRRREEEEVVVVVVVVVVRRIINNN!!!!!!! :)

Sanger D
01-09-2005, 11:13 AM
early..........
settled? I think not...
RRRRRRRREEEEEEVVVVRRIINN!!!!

Jake W2
01-09-2005, 11:31 AM
Sanger D there is a way to fix the hand hole cover problem and it does not hardely cost any thing to do it.
Really there is a few diffrent ways it just depends on witch way you want to go with it.
Jake

FlatStupid
01-09-2005, 11:53 AM
Sanger D there is a way to fix the hand hole cover problem and it does not hardely cost any thing to do it.
Really there is a few diffrent ways it just depends on witch way you want to go with it.
Jake Jake yur all over it!They would be called V-DRIVES!!! :hammerhea :hammerhea :hammerhea

waterwitch
01-09-2005, 12:01 PM
You bring up A good point. Should I buy A boat with A chevy or A ford engine??? Maybe A chrysler??? :D :D :D
Thats's funny to me!!!
NO NO NO.... go for the Nissan motor.
You know, they run 100k miles before
you have to change the oil. :D
Oh.. what about a Honda... don't they
make jet ski motors????

BK
01-09-2005, 12:05 PM
First off,what have you done to help tim? how much money did you donate for the cause?Iknow what I,v done,and I feel for tim very much,but its not my fault he owned a JET with a 5" hole in the back the pump.And of course flats sink,its just ussually when there gettin the sides ripped out of them or turnin over,does,nt ussually happen from a shaft seal or rudder seal,water pump,stuffing box,skagg seal.I,m just trying to save the newby from some rediculous heart ache.!!!And I think he said something about doin 80 on 8 K.lets be real,someone with ajet thats dumped a whole bunch of money init and is now hurtin will be the only way THATS gonna happen.not to mention the eccess hole on the bow of that boat that gave out,thats why it sunk like a rock,ANY boat with a sealed bow will hang on for 15min. or more,long enoughto get a rope to the bow eye.what happened to tim was very unfortunate and I,v helped to do something about it and I don,t even know the guy,so before you start givin your EXPERT opinion on what you think of my statement,maybe you should help to educate the newby about your 5'' hole,since its something that happens quite frequent with jets.Most jet owners I,ve talked to have ALL hadthe same story about that sub."my hand hole popped of or it cracked",so keep your insults to yourself,and try to have a nice day :messedup:
I havent sent any $$$ Tims way as I have 3 kids and XMAS was just here so im unfortantely strapped. Tim has my # and if he needs my help could call me anytime and knows just like the rest of the LBBAers id be do whatever I could. Dont have to be an "EXPERT" to determine that your a total insensative DICK and used a horible situation that someones going through to back up you dislike for a certain type of boat.

Sanger D
01-09-2005, 12:51 PM
JakeI have talked to many jet guys who have had this same prob. I was told theres a nice billet cap thats strong and makes this worry free,just don,t know why jet guys don,t emmidiately fix the prob. before they even hit the water.Its kinda like a v drive guy not puttin safety collars on the shaft, if you get my meaning,it would be very irresponsable for someone to run at high speeds without a collar and prop shaft release,wuold,nt you agree?I wonder why ALL jets don,t have this safety devise on there boats,seems to be cheap insurance,like a nice 35" inner tube under the bow would be.Maybe theres a good oppetunity for someone to help educate people here on preparing and rigging jets.!! :smile: :idea: ( not trying to be sarcastic) :D

Sir Psycho Sexy
01-09-2005, 12:55 PM
make jet ski motors????
Ever see that monster garage, when they were gonna bolt A BIG agressor pump on A Mazda Miata??? They ended up ditchin the idea, and runnin A prop shaft out the bottom. It was some funny s#*t!!!

Sanger D
01-09-2005, 01:29 PM
I havent sent any $$$ Tims way as I have 3 kids and XMAS was just here so im unfortantely strapped. Tim has my # and if he needs my help could call me anytime and knows just like the rest of the LBBAers id be do whatever I could. Dont have to be an "EXPERT" to determine that your a total insensative DICK and used a horible situation that someones going through to back up you dislike for a certain type of boat..like we,re ALL not strapped for cash!! me to,but I gave anyway, at least what I could and I don,t even know the guy,so who,s the insencitive dick?.If YOU really wanted to help you,d give something,any little bit would help,considering what that guys gone thruogh,his boat ,pad and truck,instead of pissin and moanin about what YOU think someone met by there comments.YA< I think jets suck so what !!!Iffin you don,t like, go back to "just junk" and cry over there :cry: . I know v drive guys would not just say nothin if someone didnt have safety coll. or no shaft release,there ALWAYS lookin out for one another,so don,t give me any of your LBBaer-what ever bullsh@!t,maybe YOU cuold have helped the guy out by telling him about it or helping him fix it,like your jet buddy said, theres lots of ways to fix it,inexspencively too,so reach down deep in your pocket and help the brotha out,I,m sure he can use it,and quit waitin to be asked,FRIEND.If you wanna call people names then go to bench racers and give your expert opinions over there.I feel for this guy tim,thats why I GAVE MONEY I DON,T HAVE,so quit actin like an AASSS and either help him out or shut the f@!#k up,and quit acting like your some kinda great friend who really cares about his situation,FYI they could use a little help with even the small stuff like gas money!!!! :idea:BTW his situation and many others before him and I don,t need a sinking to back up my dislike for jets,theres too many other reasons not to.You probably own one don,t you!!!! :hammerhea

Jake W2
01-09-2005, 02:55 PM
Flat Stupid LMAO :D but then you have a whole set of new problems instead of one you can fix for 50 bucks. :supp:
Sanger D, I hear you.And we have a thread over there rite now addressing the very this very situation. :D Your jet bashing comments are a littel over board dont you think :frown:
Jake

dmontzsta
01-09-2005, 03:04 PM
make jet ski motors????
Hey now, that is a lie, they tell you that so you buy a new motor at 100k. I change both of mine at 3-5k and have 290k on one motor and 190 on the other. BTW: You could put in the new VQ40 V6 block with twin turbos and crank out a reliable 700hp. :D All alluminum block like all the VQ motors... hmmm... :idea: nawwwwww, they dont have the torque and sound AND looks of a good old V8. :D

BK
01-09-2005, 05:39 PM
.like we,re ALL not strapped for cash!! me to,but I gave anyway, at least what I could and I don,t even know the guy,so who,s the insencitive dick?.If YOU really wanted to help you,d give something,any little bit would help,considering what that guys gone thruogh,his boat ,pad and truck,instead of pissin and moanin about what YOU think someone met by there comments.YA< I think jets suck so what !!!Iffin you don,t like, go back to "just junk" and cry over there :cry: . I know v drive guys would not just say nothin if someone didnt have safety coll. or no shaft release,there ALWAYS lookin out for one another,so don,t give me any of your LBBaer-what ever bullsh@!t,maybe YOU cuold have helped the guy out by telling him about it or helping him fix it,like your jet buddy said, theres lots of ways to fix it,inexspencively too,so reach down deep in your pocket and help the brotha out,I,m sure he can use it,and quit waitin to be asked,FRIEND.If you wanna call people names then go to bench racers and give your expert opinions over there.I feel for this guy tim,thats why I GAVE MONEY I DON,T HAVE,so quit actin like an AASSS and either help him out or shut the f@!#k up,and quit acting like your some kinda great friend who really cares about his situation,FYI they could use a little help with even the small stuff like gas money!!!! :idea:BTW his situation and many others before him and I don,t need a sinking to back up my dislike for jets,theres too many other reasons not to.You probably own one don,t you!!!! :hammerhea
Your comments speek for themsleves, nuf said!! I wouldnt normally feel the need to post about my personal finances but since your sorta bringing into ? my character im gonna. I work for a college and get paid once a month on the last day of the month. Since the teachers are off for Xmas break half way through Dec., thats when I got paid last and wont again till the end of this month. Thats a month and a half without a paycheck and as much as I would love to help Tim out my family comes first. Tim knowing me and my family im sure would understand. If $$$ help is still needed at the end of the month, i'll be the first one in line to do so!!!!! As you can see by looking at my post count, I rarely post on these forums (mostly due to situations like this one) but felt the comments you made were WAY out of line and extreamly insensative and felt I had to reply. Probely shouldnt have made it personal but oh well, by the way you speak in your posts' im pretty sure I dont care about offending you anyway. FYI, I do own a jet but love all types of boat and would NEVER put anyone down for what they choose to take there family out on the lake in, PERIOD. The group (LBBA) we all hang out with is proof of that. Im sure your donation to Tims cause is GREATLY appritiated, but it doesnt give you the right to call others like myself out for not doing the same.

steelcomp
01-09-2005, 07:42 PM
Hey way to let him have it there, Sanger D...You're all over it. Pretty class act there, bud. BTW...your first comment was pretty uncool, given the circumstances, but after reading your posts, I can tell you probably don't know the difference, nor do you care. You also need to get the facts straight before YOU start comin off like an expert. First off, it's not a 5" hole. Second, no one really knows WHY Tim's boat sank. It may have NOTHING to do with it being a Jet. Most times things like this happen because no one took the time to properly go over the boat and check everything...especially a hot boat like Tim's....too busy partying or hung over. Don't figure it's important enough, etc. Then, bolts get left loose, something comes apart, and all of a sudden, something like this happens. It's got nothing to do with what kind of boat it is.
And WTF are you talking about a hole in the bow?? ANY boat will hold out for 15 min?? Where did you get this little piece of info? How was that cap put on that hull any different than any other boat?? That hull dosen't know if it's a jet or a freekin out board.
It's clear you don't like Jets, but it seems to go further than that with you. Maybe you should get some help with that anger problem you have...I think jet boats is just a cover up. I'm sure Tim would appreciate your using his troubles to vent your own frustration, but I guess since you sent in $10.00 you feel justified.
And dude, you spell like a fourth grader.
RRRRRRRRRREEEEEVVVVVRRIINNN!!!!! (Whatever that means) :hammerhea

AzMandella
01-09-2005, 08:05 PM
Here we go again!The guy just wanted some info on V-drives and Jet boats,and it's turning into a brawl.There are good points and bad points to both .The best point I could make for Jetboats is there is more room in them.I have looked all over for a drive comparison chart that I saw once on the APBA or one of the other boating web pages,and they compared v-drives,outboards,jetboats,outdrives,and stearndrives.They had catagories like fuel eficency,handling,and some other catagories and Jetboats came in last in almost every catagory.V-drives came in 1st or 2nd in almost every catagory.Infact if I remember right the only catagory Jets didn't come in last was fuel consumption and they were next to last to 2stroke outboards.
And to the Jet guy's that are complaining about jet-bashing on th v-drive forum,there's an easy solution to the problem.Go back to the ditchpump section.

wsuwrhr
01-09-2005, 08:19 PM
You bring up A good point. Should I buy A boat with Maybe A chrysler??? :D :D :D
Now you are talking.
Brian

Mr.&Mrs.Budlight
01-09-2005, 08:33 PM
I just finished reading ALL the posts on this thread and I got the picture about how some of you v drive guys feel[I hope it's a minority] True boaters know that there is no boat that does everything, some are better at somethings but most boats are good for what they were intended. V drives are no different, and if you think that they are the PERFECT boat you have a narrow boating life. whether its a v-drive,outboard or jet, everybody has their own special boats that they love. Can't We All Just Get Along and have FUN BOATING!!! Budlight

V-DRIVE VIDEO
01-09-2005, 08:33 PM
And WTF are you talking about a hole in the bow?? ANY boat will hold out for 15 min??
I heard there was a 3 to 4 inch hole cut in the deck to access the bow eye :jawdrop:

V-DRIVE VIDEO
01-09-2005, 08:37 PM
I just finished reading ALL the posts on this thread and I got the picture about how some of you v drive guys feel[I hope it's a minority] True boaters know that there is no boat that does everything, some are better at somethings but most boats are good for what they were intended. V drives are no different, and if you think that they are the PERFECT boat you have a narrow boating life. whether its a v-drive,outboard or jet, everybody has their own special boats that they love. Can't We All Just Get Along and have FUN BOATING!!! Budlight
Can you define "true boater"? :devil: :rollside: :rollside:

V-DRIVES RULE
01-09-2005, 08:42 PM
I just finished reading ALL the posts on this thread and I got the picture about how some of you v drive guys feel[I hope it's a minority] True boaters know that there is no boat that does everything, some are better at somethings but most boats are good for what they were intended. V drives are no different, and if you think that they are the PERFECT boat you have a narrow boating life. whether its a v-drive,outboard or jet, everybody has their own special boats that they love. Can't We All Just Get Along and have FUN BOATING!!! BudlightNEWSFLASH: there aint no other boat but a v-drive there the only TRUE boater all others are wanabes!!!! THATS A FACT

waterwitch
01-09-2005, 08:43 PM
NEWSFLASH: there aint no other boat but a v-drive there the only TRUE boater all others are wanabes!!!! THATS A FACT
Now there's a man with an open
mind. :D

Mr.&Mrs.Budlight
01-09-2005, 08:47 PM
You just like all that vibration on your hemorrhoids, asshole

Mr.&Mrs.Budlight
01-09-2005, 08:54 PM
A true boater is one who appreciates ALL Types of BOATS, evidently YOUR NOT A TRUE BOATER !!!!!!!!!! :yuk: :cool:

DUNDUN
01-09-2005, 09:05 PM
hallett makes a pretty solid flattie..and we have back to back seating, it works out really well for skiing..ours is pretty much just an old school ski boat, it runs mid 70's probably, has power to go faster, but not the gearing. it is really a great family boat..i say go v-drive but who am i?
that sanger a couple pages back was a really nice boat IMO too.

steelcomp
01-09-2005, 09:07 PM
I heard there was a 3 to 4 inch hole cut in the deck to access the bow eye :jawdrop:
Never heard that one, from anyone directly involved. If thst was true, that boat would have sunk instantly. Watch the video...it bobs around for a minute or so. Don't remember seeing a hole either. Could it be a rumor?

V-DRIVE VIDEO
01-09-2005, 09:14 PM
Never heard that one, from anyone directly involved. If thst was true, that boat would have sunk instantly. Watch the video...it bobs around for a minute or so. Don't remember seeing a hole either. Could it be a rumor?
Heard it from the guy who took the video.

wsuwrhr
01-09-2005, 09:23 PM
Or just have one of each type of boat.
All good points.
Rodney King is our friend. "Can't We All Get Along"
Brian

steelcomp
01-09-2005, 09:30 PM
Heard it from the guy who took the video.
Yeah, we all know what those guys are like....:D

steelcomp
01-09-2005, 09:31 PM
Or just have one of each type of boat.
All good points.
Rodney King is our friend. "Can't We All Get Along"
Brian
That's my choice...have one of each!! :D

Sir Psycho Sexy
01-10-2005, 11:04 AM
Well I already own an I/O. Guess I'll just have to start my collection.
Not quite sure how I'm gonna afford that 350 thousand dollar 46' cigarette yet, but I'll work out the details later!!! :D

Wicky
01-10-2005, 11:21 AM
Infact if I remember right the only catagory Jets didn't come in last was fuel consumption and they were next to last to 2stroke outboards.
Sorry AzMandella, your memory must be a little bit foggy!!! I'll run side by side with ANY big block jet, vdrive, or IO and I'll bet money I will run out of fuel last!!!
Just to prove my point (http://allisonboats.com/sportboats/xs2003_grandsport_index.php)
Any takers on this bet?

Wicky
01-10-2005, 11:27 AM
Another link (http://http://allisonboats.com/sportboats/ss2000_index.php)
Stock, out of the box, this boat will turn mid 10s and still get killer gas mileage...if mileage is really that important to ya.

Sanger D
01-10-2005, 12:53 PM
Your comments speek for themsleves, nuf said!! I wouldnt normally feel the need to post about my personal finances but since your sorta bringing into ? my character im gonna. I work for a college and get paid once a month on the last day of the month. Since the teachers are off for Xmas break half way through Dec., thats when I got paid last and wont again till the end of this month. Thats a month and a half without a paycheck and as much as I would love to help Tim out my family comes first. Tim knowing me and my family im sure would understand. If $$$ help is still needed at the end of the month, i'll be the first one in line to do so!!!!! As you can see by looking at my post count, I rarely post on these forums (mostly due to situations like this one) but felt the comments you made were WAY out of line and extreamly insensative and felt I had to reply. Probely shouldnt have made it personal but oh well, by the way you speak in your posts' im pretty sure I dont care about offending you anyway. FYI, I do own a jet but love all types of boat and would NEVER put anyone down for what they choose to take there family out on the lake in, PERIOD. The group (LBBA) we all hang out with is proof of that. Im sure your donation to Tims cause is GREATLY appritiated, but it doesnt give you the right to call others like myself out for not doing the same.1st off I never referred the comments to TIMS sit."but you jet guys just asumed and ran with it"i was referring to ALL jets ,and the guy was asking a question and then you get on board and call me names,saying I,m insencitive, OUR opinions are what they are,if you don,t like one,then say so but don,t start calling people names because then ,ya I,m goona get pissed off,so take YOUR name callin and go somewhere else were you won,t get affended by someone saying JETS SUCK ASS,Ifeel bad for tim so quit starting shit by saying I don,t,and I could care less about your finances,but don,t give me any shit,because Idid help the guy out,and again ,I,m helping someone I don,t even know,so quit giving me shit because Ithink jets are junk,remember,YOUR on a V DRIVE thread and theres absolutely NO ONE here saying ANYTHING about TIM OR YOUR character.Don,t go away mad,just go away.

Kim Hanson
01-10-2005, 01:01 PM
I sank my v-drive in like 30 seconds.........( . )( . )....... :crossx:

Kim Hanson
01-10-2005, 01:04 PM
Thats's funny to me!!!
Thats what powers mine Dodge 440...........( . )( . )......... :confused:

Kim Hanson
01-10-2005, 01:07 PM
Here we go again!The guy just wanted some info on V-drives and Jet boats,and it's turning into a brawl.There are good points and bad points to both .The best point I could make for Jetboats is there is more room in them.I have looked all over for a drive comparison chart that I saw once on the APBA or one of the other boating web pages,and they compared v-drives,outboards,jetboats,outdrives,and stearndrives.They had catagories like fuel eficency,handling,and some other catagories and Jetboats came in last in almost every catagory.V-drives came in 1st or 2nd in almost every catagory.Infact if I remember right the only catagory Jets didn't come in last was fuel consumption and they were next to last to 2stroke outboards.
And to the Jet guy's that are complaining about jet-bashing on th v-drive forum,there's an easy solution to the problem.Go back to the ditchpump section.
For once I didn't start it..........( . )( . )......but Im trolling :p

Kim Hanson
01-10-2005, 01:13 PM
A true boater will throw $10,000 into his boat, just to keep it moving fast. Will done Helly Hanson underwear to get the last few days of boating in before its solid ice. Hooks up and hits the water, even if its for 2 hrs. You have a fund set away for break downs, you use the best gas money can buy..........( . )( . ).....and never leave it on the trailer, unless its at home. :notam:

Kim Hanson
01-10-2005, 01:15 PM
NEWSFLASH: there aint no other boat but a v-drive there the only TRUE boater all others are wanabes!!!! THATS A FACT
Did you fall on your head again :D ........( . )( . )..........

Kim Hanson
01-10-2005, 01:18 PM
Now there's a man with an open
mind. :D
Don't let diaherra of the mouth confuse ya now...........( . )( . )...... :p

Sanger D
01-10-2005, 01:35 PM
[QUOTE=steelcomp]Hey way to let him have it there, Sanger D...You're all over it. Pretty class act there, bud. BTW...your first comment was pretty uncool, given the circumstances, but after reading your posts, I can tell you probably don't know the difference, nor do you care. You also need to get the facts straight before YOU start comin off like an expert. First off, it's not a 5" hole. Second, no one really knows WHY Tim's boat sank. It may have NOTHING to do with it being a Jet. Most times things like this happen because no one took the time to properly go over the boat and check everything...especially a hot boat like Tim's....too busy partying or hung over. Don't figure it's important enough, etc. Then, bolts get left loose, something comes apart, and all of a sudden, something like this happens. It's got nothing to do with what kind of boat it is.
And WTF are you talking about a hole in the bow?? ANY boat will hold out for 15 min?? Where did you get this little piece of info? How was that cap put on that hull any different than any other boat?? That hull dosen't know if it's a jet or a freekin out board.
It's clear you don't like Jets, but it seems to go further than that with you. Maybe you should get some help with that anger problem you have...I think jet boats is just a cover up. I'm sure Tim would appreciate your using his troubles to vent your own frustration, but I guess since you sent in $10.00 you feel justified.
RRRRRRRRRREEEEEVVVVVRRIINNN!!!!! (Whatever that means) :hammerhea[/QI was at JIMS house the night before he left to CFW to do the recovery and HE,S the one who said the hand hole cover prob,came off,and that TIMShull had a access panel at the front on the bow to access the bow eye,I was just relating what I was told,and if the panel leaked or came off then the bow would no longer be air tight,and that boat went down pretty danm fast, wether or not that was the case,Inever said it was the case,but now ,YOU are a dick for saying I,m using anything about TIMS sit. to vent,Fu#@!$k you pal,Ya,I could care less about what you think or what you think about my grammer!!! NOW I am pissed you DICK,I NEVER mentioned SH@#!T about TIMS SITUATION!!!SO quit putting words in peoples mouth and go somewhere you don,t have to listen to someone(me) bad mouth jet boats if it bothers you enough so that you have to make shit up so you can feel all better about yourself,MY anger problem,you havent seen anger pal,and FYI ASS,I gave a hell of alot more than 10 bucks,not that its any of your business!!,so you and Buff Knob canstop bringing TIM into this topic,and you too can go back to your f@!#kin jet thread if you don,t like hearing about how bad I think jets suck ass,no more nice guy,this is a V DRIVE thread if you have gotten lost,I don,t care how much these V DRIVE guys like you or your jet boat,this has nothing to do with TIMS situation but I,m sure your winey ass is gonna tell him it was!!
ONE PISSED OFF SANGER D (WINEY F#@!KIN JET GUYS) :mad:

Jetboatguru
01-10-2005, 01:43 PM
I am thinking a Campfire rendition of Kumbayah (sp) my lord is needed.
Guys guys, please remember that we all share the same interests and will all be on the water together one day. :rolleyes:

Sanger D
01-10-2005, 02:51 PM
All I was saying is jets seem to have a quick way of sinking from a very populer problem,NEVER mentioned this TIM guys SAD story or refferred to it .then these two jet lovin whack jobs start in on me cause they don,t like the opinion I gave to some newbie,THEN they whant to call me names and act like asses crying about how I "am not SENCITIVE to this guys boat sinking and how could I be so cruel" and check this out!!!,I,ve never met this guy but I felt bad enough to donate 100 bucks to this operation BEFORE any body even knew on these boards there was going to be a recovery mission.I hand delivered my donation to squirtin thunders house (JIMS),and we talked awhile about HIS friend the night before he left to CFW,but hey,I,m an insencitive dick so I guess that means I can,t give my opinion on jet boats,or my actions toward this guy are meaningless,(f@!#%kin jerks).So I have had it with these wanna be moral pussy,s in these threads pointing fingers at others and thinking their so righteous and their everybodys buddy,taking someones comments and changing them all around so they can think they,ve got a reason to bitch!!.It always seems to be JET guys over here that do most of the complaining,"thats not nice to say,jet guys are people too" F!@#KIN fed up with these guys ,wish they,ed all just go back to their just junk threads and stay away from the V DRIVE section,I mean,its obviouse there too scared to own one.OH,I,M SORRY,did that sound bitter?!!.I hope I do see some of these guys on the river,I know what I,m capable of,they had better know the same!!!!.Hope they don,t have anything to lose,they way they call people names ,yuo,d think they don,t.AH the Dicks are barely worth the time to sit here and type,sorry it had to get so ugly and all I was doin was helpin a guy out , go figure. :idea:

waterwitch
01-10-2005, 03:23 PM
Rain is making them cranky.
Everyone should take a nap,
then come out and play nice.
(well... it works on my kids...)

BK
01-10-2005, 03:34 PM
STAY AWAY from JETS,you don,t need to be paying dive teams to recover your boat from the bottom!!!!!.
My bad, seems to me this statement was ment exactly how it sounds? Guess I was wrong, oh well. Not gonna go on with this, obviously not worth it.
Sorry to Phsyco for sorta derailing this thread. Not what I was trying to do when I called Sanger D out on his comment I thought was incensative, seems by the amount of people posting that feel the same way, im sorta in the minority any how.

Rexone
01-10-2005, 03:40 PM
Please take this thread back on topic. Further arguing about unrelated stuff and shit talking will be moved to bench racers. This is a tech forum not a free for all.
Thank you.

BK
01-10-2005, 03:43 PM
I am thinking a Campfire rendition of Kumbayah (sp) my lord is needed.
Guys guys, please remember that we all share the same interests and will all be on the water together one day. :rolleyes:
Ive been to CFW for New Years and Fathers Day and this is exactly how people behaved towards each other, very freindly and all there to have a good time. Not hostile like a couple of others who have posted on this thread, they would be in the minority for sure. Like I stated before this isnt a jet vs v-drive thing, I could care less what type of boat someone has. It was just the comment that was made I was upset about. Lets face it Sanger D, you are VERY HOSTILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not the first time ive seen this on these board though and its caused alot of people with alot to offer here to leave.
Phsyco, good luck on your purchase. Im sure no matter what it is you buy, since it'll get you out on the water you'll enjoy it.

Kim Hanson
01-10-2005, 04:46 PM
My bad, seems to me this statement was ment exactly how it sounds? Guess I was wrong, oh well. Not gonna go on with this, obviously not worth it.
Sorry to Phsyco for sorta derailing this thread. Not what I was trying to do when I called Sanger D out on his comment I thought was incensative, seems by the amount of people posting that feel the same way, im sorta in the minority any how.
I got the blunt end of it before for speaking my piece, you must be the switch hitter :idea: Drop it son..........( . )( . ).......... :cool: :D

Kim Hanson
01-10-2005, 04:47 PM
Please take this thread back on topic. Further arguing about unrelated stuff and shit talking will be moved to bench racers. This is a tech forum not a free for all.
Thank you.
Im being nice Mikey.....( . )( . )..calmmmmmmm downnnnnn :D

bottom feeder
01-10-2005, 05:44 PM
Yea you go stud! could you point out this dich pumps downfall in handling. And yes they offer a sport boat
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~roberts/scott.wmv
Looks like a bit more of a penaty for missing a turn than running wide around a turn pin?

Sanger D
01-10-2005, 06:13 PM
Ive been to CFW for New Years and Fathers Day and this is exactly how people behaved towards each other, very freindly and all there to have a good time. Not hostile like a couple of others who have posted on this thread, they would be in the minority for sure. Like I stated before this isnt a jet vs v-drive thing, I could care less what type of boat someone has. It was just the comment that was made I was upset about. Lets face it Sanger D, you are VERY HOSTILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not the first time ive seen this on these board though and its caused alot of people with alot to offer here to leave.
Phsyco, good luck on your purchase. Im sure no matter what it is you buy, since it'll get you out on the water you'll enjoy it.For future ref. BK,the next time you call someone a moron,stupid, or insencitive DICK,you pretty much bet there going to be hostile toward you,especailly when you acuse them of saying something they did,nt say,YOU and STEELCOMP brought TIMS name AND SITUATION in this thread n NOT ME!!!I NEVER once mentioned the gentlemens name before you got on your INSENCITIVE TRIP, :notam: I,m accually a very nice caring,fun guy,but I don,t like being PERSONALY ATTACKED and when it happens I will not lay down and let it go on.So please go back and find where I sopposedly mentioned TIM and I would be happy to appauligize for my actions and if you can,t find it then I guess I should be looking for yours right,I still think that psyco sexy newwbie should get a V DRIVE,HA. :D THATS why this is a V DRIVE THREAD!!! YOU guys kill me!!! :p

waterwitch
01-10-2005, 06:31 PM
Im being nice Mikey.....( . )( . )..calmmmmmmm downnnnnn :D
Oh Kim.. Quit Sucking Up.
sheesshhhh! :hammerhea

AzMandella
01-10-2005, 06:59 PM
Sorry AzMandella, your memory must be a little bit foggy!!! I'll run side by side with ANY big block jet, vdrive, or IO and I'll bet money I will run out of fuel last!!!
Just to prove my point (http://allisonboats.com/sportboats/xs2003_grandsport_index.php)
Any takers on this bet?
Well from the looks of the web page you inclosed the fact that you get great fuel milage has nothing to do with the fact that you are running an outboard.Everything I read said it was due to the hull design and materials used to make it.I also think they have 4stroke outboards in them not 2stroke like I said.4strokes get better fuel milage than 2strokes,and most states don't sell 2strokes anymore due to EPA standards.

AzMandella
01-10-2005, 07:25 PM
Yea you go stud! could you point out this dich pumps downfall in handling. And yes they offer a sport boat
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~roberts/scott.wmv
Looks like a bit more of a penaty for missing a turn than running wide around a turn pin?
"yeah you go stud"?Sounds like someone is upset.I hope he deals with "preasure" better than this.Sorry I didn't open the download you supplied but I don't download stuff from people I don't know.But lets set the record straight.Topfuel v-drives are faster than Topfuel jets.And I have yet to see a jet K-boat.That doesn't mean v-drives don't crash when cornering.but I will run side by side with you and you make a u-turn to the right and I will turn left and I will smoke you.I have freinds with bad ass jets(beisers,CP's,nordics)that have all said they wished their boats handled the way a v-drive does.
Well that's all I have to say for now.I'm going to go to the Jet page and see how many v-drivers are crying over there.
P.S. this was not directed at all jet boaters.Like I said I have friends with jets and we give eachother crap in fun all the time.But the ones who seem to take it personally are the one's who crack me up.

bottom feeder
01-10-2005, 07:39 PM
"yeah you go stud"?Sounds like someone is upset.I hope he deals with "preasure" better than this.Sorry I didn't open the download you supplied but I don't download stuff from people I don't know.But lets set the record straight.Topfuel v-drives are faster than Topfuel jets.And I have yet to see a jet K-boat.That doesn't mean v-drives don't crash when cornering.but I will run side by side with you and you make a u-turn to the right and I will turn left and I will smoke you.I have freinds with bad ass jets(beisers,CP's,nordics)that have all said they wished their boats handled the way a v-drive does.
Well that's all I have to say for now.I'm going to go to the Jet page and see how many v-drivers are crying over there.
P.S. this was not directed at all jet boaters.Like I said I have friends with jets and we give eachother crap in fun all the time.But the ones who seem to take it personally are the one's who crack me up.
Dude its all cool I in no way bagged on V-drives or any other drive type in my post, nor did i whine anyware. I posted a link to a public website. I do know that V-drives will turn I also know if you think yours will out turn my Sprint boat you will end up wet and we do not want this. You stated they do not handle and I posted a link to a good handleing jet no problem here.

Jake W2
01-10-2005, 07:46 PM
I say buy a V drive then you will be as cool as these guys think they are. :D
This post was aimed at vdrives and jets alike.
I have been thinking of getting a Flat project but you guys are changing my mind.
Jake

steelcomp
01-10-2005, 08:02 PM
[QUOTE=steelcomp]Hey way to let him have it there, Sanger D...You're all over it. Pretty class act there, bud. BTW...your first comment was pretty uncool, given the circumstances, but after reading your posts, I can tell you probably don't know the difference, nor do you care. You also need to get the facts straight before YOU start comin off like an expert. First off, it's not a 5" hole. Second, no one really knows WHY Tim's boat sank. It may have NOTHING to do with it being a Jet. Most times things like this happen because no one took the time to properly go over the boat and check everything...especially a hot boat like Tim's....too busy partying or hung over. Don't figure it's important enough, etc. Then, bolts get left loose, something comes apart, and all of a sudden, something like this happens. It's got nothing to do with what kind of boat it is.
RRRRRRRRRREEEEEVVVVVRRIINNN!!!!! (Whatever that means) :hammerhea[/QI was at JIMS house the night before he left to CFW to do the recovery and HE,S the one who said the hand hole cover prob,came off,and that TIMShull had a access panel at the front on the bow to access the bow eye,I was just relating what I was told,and if the panel leaked or came off then the bow would no longer be air tight,and that boat went down pretty danm fast, wether or not that was the case,Inever said it was the case,but now ,YOU are a dick for saying I,m using anything about TIMS sit. to vent,Fu#@!$k you pal,Ya,I could care less about what you think or what you think about my grammer!!! NOW I am pissed you DICK,I NEVER mentioned SH@#!T about TIMS SITUATION!!!SO quit putting words in peoples mouth and go somewhere you don,t have to listen to someone(me) bad mouth jet boats if it bothers you enough so that you have to make shit up so you can feel all better about yourself,MY anger problem,you havent seen anger pal,and FYI ASS,I gave a hell of alot more than 10 bucks,not that its any of your business!!,so you and Buff Knob canstop bringing TIM into this topic,and you too can go back to your f@!#kin jet thread if you don,t like hearing about how bad I think jets suck ass,no more nice guy,this is a V DRIVE thread if you have gotten lost,I don,t care how much these V DRIVE guys like you or your jet boat,this has nothing to do with TIMS situation but I,m sure your winey ass is gonna tell him it was!!
ONE PISSED OFF SANGER D (WINEY F#@!KIN JET GUYS) :mad: :cry: :cry: :cry: :sleeping:

AzMandella
01-10-2005, 08:18 PM
I say buy a V drive then you will be as cool as these guys think they are. :D
This post was aimed at vdrives and jets alike.
I have been thinking of getting a Flat project but you guys are changing my mind.
Jake
Actually I think he posted this in the v-drive and jet forums respectivly to get different opinions.BUt for some reason the jet guys are getting upset when the v-drivers put down jets on "the v-drive" forum.But I didn't see the V-drivers getting all huffy on the jet page.Look this is like arguing Ford or Chevy.It's a no win situation.Some jets beat v-drives and more v-drives beat jets.It's cheaper and easier to attain speed with a v-drive.But I think it's the other way around"If you buy a jet boat you can be as cool as some of them they think they are".Untill a jet boat beats a v-drive record in drag or circle they will be the weaker propulsion system.Stats speak for themseves

Squirtin Thunder
01-10-2005, 08:21 PM
In my opinion, a jet is good for a lot of things, v-drives are also good for alot of things. But when it all boils down, it's all about having fun on the lake, river or delta. In my opinion, ALL boats are cool, so pick the one that best suits your needs and if you made a wrong choice - switch. And remember you always gotta get it wet.
Jim

mach1alaska
01-10-2005, 08:30 PM
I have had 3 jet boats and have enjoyed them all, I still have my third jet and plan on keeping it. I now also have a hallett flatty Vdrive which I also plan on keeping. I don't feel I am biased on drive systems. If you want a reasonably fast, flashy,loud boat that the familly will enjoy get a jet and enjoy the hell out of it, 80mph might be a bit optimistic unless you have a butt load of power or can afford a tunnel hull. The Vdrive flatty will ride rougher in chop and not be quite as familly friendly but will be easier and cheaper to get to the 80mph. Just my opinion
Kevin

Wicky
01-10-2005, 08:51 PM
Well from the looks of the web page you inclosed the fact that you get great fuel milage has nothing to do with the fact that you are running an outboard..
It doesn't matter what boat the 2 stroke is on with the exception of a displacement hull. A 2 stroke will get far superior mileage than any big block.
Everything I read said it was due to the hull design and materials used to make it.I also think they have 4stroke outboards in them not 2stroke like I said..
Wrong.
4strokes get better fuel milage than 2strokes,and most states don't sell 2strokes anymore due to EPA standards.
Sorry, wrong again.
Wicky

AzMandella
01-10-2005, 09:14 PM
It doesn't matter what boat the 2 stroke is on with the exception of a displacement hull. A 2 stroke will get far superior mileage than any big block.
Wrong.
Sorry, wrong again.
Wicky
Wrong? mabey you need to go back and reread the web pages.I couldn't find anywhere on the site where they even mentioned what type of motor comes with their boats.Just blurry pics as far as what outboard are on them.And my brother with a tahiti with a 115 merc on it Does not get any better fuel milage than I,and he has to run full throttle to run 65 mph.So before you post next time supply some real data.Because like I said that page brags about their hull being the reason for the great fuel milage not the motor.By the way are you using a 8 cyl outboard?because if not your fuel consumtion bretty bad per cylinder.

Wicky
01-10-2005, 10:05 PM
Wrong? mabey you need to go back and reread the web pages.I couldn't find anywhere on the site where they even mentioned what type of motor comes with their boats.Just blurry pics as far as what outboard are on them.And my brother with a tahiti with a 115 merc on it Does not get any better fuel milage than I,and he has to run full throttle to run 65 mph.So before you post next time supply some real data.Because like I said that page brags about their hull being the reason for the great fuel milage not the motor.By the way are you using a 8 cyl outboard?because if not your fuel consumtion bretty bad per cylinder.
I still say he should get the V-drive to keep on track but, I must correct AzMandella. Here you go fyi.2006 EPA legal 2 strokes!! (http://www.mercurymarine.com/mercury_optimax)

AzMandella
01-11-2005, 04:23 PM
I still say he should get the V-drive to keep on track but, I must correct AzMandella. Here you go fyi.2006 EPA legal 2 strokes!! (http://www.mercurymarine.com/mercury_optimax)
I stand corrected.I have not kept up on the newest technology in 2 stroke motors.According to the info Wicky provided they have found a way to reduce the emisions.They were banning sales on 2 strokes out here in the west a few years back,and 4 strokes were what you wre seeing on boats.But as far as the fuel milage goes it looks like it does great as long as you stay in the 20 to 40 mph range.