PDA

View Full Version : Jack Daniels 80 proof

voodoomedman
01-07-2005, 07:41 PM
So after that thread last week I emailed Jack Daniels about why they lowered the proof and here is the response I got.
Hello Jason,
Thanks for writing. I'm sorry it has taken so long to respond.
We appreciate your interest in Jack Daniel's. You asked about our decision to bottle Old No. 7 at 80 proof. Actually, we lowered the percentage of alcohol in Black Label to 80 proof in a number of states and countries more than 15 years ago because we noticed that folks were lowering the proof themselves with water and all kinds of mixers. It seemed most folks enjoyed our whiskey with just a little bit less alcohol. Turned out that everywhere our whiskey was at 80 proof it sold better than it had at a higher proof.
About a year ago we began making it 80 proof everywhere, so that our Old No. 7 whiskey was the same around the world. Lowering the proof hasn't changed the taste, quality, recipe or character of our whiskey. We still make Old No. 7 according to the same recipe and use the same fine ingredients and time-honored process Mr. Jack Daniel used more than 135 years ago. Our whiskey isn't watered down. It has the same rich character at 80 proof because we start with more mature whiskey before cutting it to bottle proof so that it looks and tastes just like it always did.
Thanks again for taking the time to write. Please stay in touch.
Regards,
John and your friends at Jack Daniel's

jdf
01-07-2005, 07:44 PM
bull it's not the same

Kilrtoy
01-07-2005, 07:45 PM
Nice response you received...

HOOTER SLED-
01-07-2005, 07:47 PM
That guy needs to be 86'd. :D

voodoomedman
01-07-2005, 07:48 PM
Nice response you received...
Yeah straightforward and honest. They want to increase sales so they dropped the proof. Now I gotta buy single barrel If I really want that extra punch. :D

Kilrtoy
01-07-2005, 07:54 PM
I think JD already packs a punch...

voodoomedman
01-07-2005, 08:05 PM
I think JD already packs a punch...
A punch you better watch out for....

Debbolas
01-07-2005, 09:19 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1518106_0640-med.jpg
They killed Jack.................. :D

voodoomedman
01-07-2005, 09:37 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1518106_0640-med.jpg
They killed Jack.................. :D
Yeah it sucks that they did that but I think it's still the best fifth of whiskey you can get for under twenty bucks.

JetBoatRich
01-07-2005, 10:16 PM
So after that thread last week I emailed Jack Daniels about why they lowered the proof and here is the response I got.
Hello Jason,
Thanks for writing. I'm sorry it has taken so long to respond.
We appreciate your interest in Jack Daniel's. You asked about our decision to bottle Old No. 7 at 80 proof. Actually, we lowered the percentage of alcohol in Black Label to 80 proof in a number of states and countries more than 15 years ago because we noticed that folks were lowering the proof themselves with water and all kinds of mixers. It seemed most folks enjoyed our whiskey with just a little bit less alcohol. Turned out that everywhere our whiskey was at 80 proof it sold better than it had at a higher proof.
About a year ago we began making it 80 proof everywhere, so that our Old No. 7 whiskey was the same around the world. Lowering the proof hasn't changed the taste, quality, recipe or character of our whiskey. We still make Old No. 7 according to the same recipe and use the same fine ingredients and time-honored process Mr. Jack Daniel used more than 135 years ago. Our whiskey isn't watered down. It has the same rich character at 80 proof because we start with more mature whiskey before cutting it to bottle proof so that it looks and tastes just like it always did.
Thanks again for taking the time to write. Please stay in touch.
Regards,
John and your friends at Jack Daniel's
at least they wrote back, looks like a little marketing in the letter :idea:

NashvilleBound
01-08-2005, 04:27 AM
Since Lynchburg is only an hour form us...where Jack Daniels is made...we see all the different stuff offered. We always buy the 1915 Jack....90 proof...smoooootthhh.... its only 6 in the morning and it still sounds good. :D

scarabrick2
01-08-2005, 04:59 AM
NashvilleBound :Since Lynchburg is only an hour form us...where Jack Daniels
is made...we see all the different stuff offered. We always buy the 1915 Jack....90 proof...smoooootthhh.... its only 6 in the morning and it still sounds good.
Where can I get this 1915?
I have never seen it before.
If I can't find it out here in Vegas can you ship 2 bottles to me?
Of course I'll pay for everything.( well Not Everything ie: Hookers :) )

NashvilleBound
01-08-2005, 05:06 AM
NashvilleBound :Since Lynchburg is only an hour form us...where Jack Daniels
is made...we see all the different stuff offered. We always buy the 1915 Jack....90 proof...smoooootthhh.... its only 6 in the morning and it still sounds good.
Where can I get this 1915?
I have never seen it before.
If I can't find it out here in Vegas can you ship 2 bottles to me?
Of course I'll pay for everything.( well Not Everything ie: Hookers :) )
You had me till the last disclaimer :cry: I am sure I could make a "Care Package" for you. If you want I will check prices. If I remember its like $50 a bottle. I would also suggest a bottle of Dickle. It is made in the same area, just never got the PR Jack did. I think its even smoother. Let me know....
Try this too... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=822&item=7125030210&rd=1#ebayphotohosting

RiverOtter
01-08-2005, 05:15 AM
Ironically... Lynchburg is a dry town :idea:

NashvilleBound
01-08-2005, 05:18 AM
Ironically... Lynchburg is a dry town :idea:
That was killing me the first time we went there...but they have the "Green Room" (I think thats what they call it) down at the distillery. They can only offer special bottles....thats where it all started.
What are you doing up at this time of morning??

RiverOtter
01-08-2005, 05:21 AM
That was killing me the first time we went there...but they have the "Green Room" (I think thats what they call it) down at the distillery. They can only offer special bottles....thats where it all started.
What are you doing up at this time of morning??
Just crawled out of the Otter Den :coffeycup :coffeycup Remember, I'm an hour ahead. Looks like the weather is clearing up. I've never been to the distillery. We'll have to do a trade. We'll take y'all to the aquarium and Y'all take us to the distillery :D

NashvilleBound
01-08-2005, 05:23 AM
Just crawled out of the Otter Den :coffeycup :coffeycup Remember, I'm an hour ahead. Looks like the weather is clearing up. I've never been to the distillery. We'll have to do a trade. We'll take y'all to the aquarium and Y'all take us to the distillery :D
Done. Its a good tour. Maybe we could split a drum of Private Reserve....$5k each. Always wanted to try that. :messedup:

RiverOtter
01-08-2005, 05:28 AM
Done. Its a good tour. Maybe we could split a drum of Private Reserve....$5k each. Always wanted to try that. :messedup:
:jawdrop: Not a Jack Drinker. Throwerb may by a good option :D . Ya know that Michael Anthony of Van Halen is a Squire of the Distillery. :D

NashvilleBound
01-08-2005, 05:32 AM
:jawdrop: Not a Jack Drinker. Throwerb may by a good option :D . Ya know that Michael Anthony of Van Halen is a Squire of the Distillery. :D
Whats your pleasure then?? Pah-lease dont say wine :yuk: :cry: B-O-R-I-N-G. Throwerb came down last night with the family and we did dinner in the Boro...Ruby Tuesdays, ribs are killer. I'm real picky too with my ribs :jawdrop: Sonic, Banana Cream Pie Shake, for desert.....man that was good!

RiverOtter
01-08-2005, 05:43 AM
Whats your pleasure then?? Pah-lease dont say wine :yuk: :cry: B-O-R-I-N-G. Throwerb came down last night with the family and we did dinner in the Boro...Ruby Tuesdays, ribs are killer. I'm real picky too with my ribs :jawdrop: Sonic, Banana Cream Pie Shake, for desert.....man that was good!
The Nooga lost all of it's Ruby Tuesday's. (We do have Ruby Falls though :D ) Miller Lite and Wadka (Not together). Wine make my head THROB. Tell that ol boy to get on the web and tell about the move. We do have some killer rib joints here too. One being on the lake. 2-3hour wait in the summer. Really need to bring your new Eticket (did I just say that?) over this summer and we'll do the hot spots. Of course I have to give you directions, the when you get there wait on my tub to catch up.

NashvilleBound
01-08-2005, 05:49 AM
The Nooga lost all of it's Ruby Tuesday's. (We do have Ruby Falls though :D ) Miller Lite and Wadka (Not together). Wine make my head THROB. Tell that ol boy to get on the web and tell about the move. We do have some killer rib joints here too. One being on the lake. 2-3hour wait in the summer. Really need to bring your new Eticket (did I just say that?) over this summer and we'll do the hot spots. Of course I have to give you directions, the when you get there wait on my tub to catch up.
Wadka...like Grey Goose? My other Kryptonite. It wont be E-Ticket but well definitely come your way this summer. Your going to build a million dollar home, on the water....get a performance boat....WITHOUT A WINDSHIELD. (sorry..lol...could not resist) :notam:

RiverOtter
01-08-2005, 06:00 AM
Wadka...like Grey Goose? My other Kryptonite. It wont be E-Ticket but well definitely come your way this summer. Your going to build a million dollar home, on the water....get a performance boat....WITHOUT A WINDSHIELD. (sorry..lol...could not resist) :notam:
If I build that house I won't have enough money for the $50K dock :( or a boat without a windshield :( . Guess I'll have to order a Chappy with 496HO. Closest I'll get to a hot boat :D

RiverOtter
01-08-2005, 06:06 AM
If I build that house I won't have enough money for the $50K dock :( or a boat without a windshield :( . Guess I'll have to order a Chappy with 496HO. Closest I'll get to a hot boat :D
Oh yeah... Goose, Kettle either way.