PDA

View Full Version : Sub question

Longtime Lurker
01-07-2005, 10:47 PM
Hi all,
I have a 2004 Dodge Quad Cab, and I would like to put in a couple of subs and an amp. I have been told that they would be installed under the rear seats. However, I have the optional heavy cargo platform under the seats. Is it still possible to install the subs under the seat without removing these platforms? If not, is there anywhere else I could put them? Thanks in advance.
Robert

ROZ
01-07-2005, 11:14 PM
It would be best if someone could take a look at what you have to work with... I haven't seen the option you have... I look on dodge's webaite, but no pics. Is it the diamond plat platform they talk about?

PHX ATC
01-08-2005, 07:15 AM
Wifey has an 04 Dodge with the fold our rear storage platform.
Every Dodge truck forum that I've polluted has said the same thing...you have to remove the fold out storage platform in order to place a sub in that spot.
Another option I've read about is using the middle storage place in the front seat (middle). Underneath the middle seat, at least in our's, is a lift up storage bin of sorts. I've heard of some folks using that for a sub mounting place. I think JL Audio or some other sub manufacturer makes a replacement unit with a sub in it for that location.

Longtime Lurker
01-08-2005, 12:17 PM
Thanks for the responses.
Roz, I'm not sure if it's called the diamond platform, but it suppose to be for item that are too heavy to put on the seats, pull these out, and it's all good. I'm am looking at getting a new head unit, as I have an IPOD. I've read your post on the previous threads, so needless to say I'm going with an Alpine. Any suggestions on which one? I'm hoping to talk the wife into getting two, one for the truck and one for the boat. Price will be considered, as I want to put subs and amps in the boat and truck. Can you recommend someone near me that could take a look at the truck. I'm in Whittier.
PHX ATC- I've heard the same thing about having to remove the platforms in order to put in the subs. I also have the storage below the middle front seat. I never thought of that as an option. I will check out some of the different sub manufacturers to see who does it.
I'm not looking to make the truck or boat thump (okay, maybe a little bit), I'm looking to get a fuller sound. thanks again.