PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket part for oil change

a catered life
01-08-2005, 06:30 AM
I've got some weird aftermarket oil change hole on the back of the boat behind my drive :mad: i was told that i should have gotton some kind on tube that goes in the hole for easy oil changes but i didn't :eek:. it about the size of the drain holes but has threads larger than regular threads. the guys at eliminator told me to look around someone may know the company that made it or know where i could get some help with it they could not remember who made the item.
does this ring any bells or does anyone have this installed in their boat? help unable to launch with hole in my rear end :eek: :skull:

Rexone
01-08-2005, 11:18 AM
Sounds like part of a Preston Drain Kit. I don't think he's in business any longer. We sold them up until about 8-10 years ago. Decent product but too spendy for the market I guess as they just never caught on.
You may be able to install a flanged type drain outlet in it's place, one that accepts a chrome or ss pipe plug. As I remember the Preston piece attaches to the boat with a flange. (If this is what you actually have).
Good luck.

a catered life
01-10-2005, 08:33 PM
thanks for the info from what i am finding out you are right. do you work for rex or something?

BGMAN203
01-10-2005, 08:48 PM
thanks for the info from what i am finding out you are right. do you work for rex or something?
Ya, I think I heard someone saying that he does work there. :rolleyes: