PDA

View Full Version : Out of Towner - Directions to the LA Boat Show

Blacksheep
01-08-2005, 07:15 AM
HI Everyone,
I'm flying into LAX on the 29th from Indy to go to the LA Boat Show. :cool: Wandered if someone could give me directions to the show from the airport?
Thanks

carreraboat
01-08-2005, 07:26 AM
do yourself a favor rent a car with gps in it me and a buddy of mine went last year and those freeways in la are confusing as hell sometimes you exit right sometimes left that is one big azz town the gps will take you right there though we stayed at the westin bonaventure very nice hotel. as far as directions just get the address from the southern cal marina assoc. web page and plug it in to the gps and bam you are there

jdogginla
01-08-2005, 08:02 AM
E-Z.............take the main road out of the airport (about 2 miles) hop onto the 405 north. Take the 405 north to the 10 east. Take the 10 east to the 110.....once one the 110 you will see the Staples center and convention center on your right. Exit freeway and work your way over 2 blocks and you are there. This is a long route, but it's the easiest in terms of directions. Or you could just use mapquest. :messedup:

Jrocket
01-08-2005, 09:35 AM
Mapquest.com.....then look for the parking lots with all the lifted 4x4 trucks!LOL

Kilrtoy
01-08-2005, 09:39 AM
Ok where are you staying first of all. Let me know, cuz in l.A. there are tons of ghettos. Also they say onvention Center hotel and you are in the middle ofWORLF famous RAMPART, If you need P.M. Me and I'll Help you

Blacksheep
01-08-2005, 09:49 AM
Just making a day trip of it. Fly in mid morning Sat then take an 11:30 pm flight out. Get home at 6:30 am Sunday. No need for hotels.
I was going to check mapquest and randmcnally sites but sometimes locals can give better directions than those sites. In fact sometimes those sites give you wrong directions. So I thought I would see if anyone had any.

bunny 166
01-08-2005, 10:00 AM
I would use the addressses of LAX to the Convention Center on mapquest...don't wanna be lost cruisin' downtown... :hammerhea The Convention center is right next to the fwy, so you'll see it for sure, along with Staples Center :cool:

Kilrtoy
01-08-2005, 10:00 AM
Ok when you leave the airport take Sepulveda South to the 105 fwy. Take the 105 Fwy east stay in the carpool lane . After about 6 to 7 miles you will come up on the 110 fwy, take that to the 110 fwy north(STILL IN CARPOOL LANE). Another 5 or so miles north and you will come up on the 10 Fwy. Take the 10 fwy west. Stay in the left lane of the 10 fwy transition rd. YOU ARE NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS FWY. As you are on the transition rd an exit will be in the middle of the transition and this is PICO BLVD. You will get off at PICO BLVD. You are there. Make a right and park. If you are by yourself same directions just dont get in the car pool lane.
DO NOT GET OFF THE FWY ANYWHERE, If you do you are in South Central....

Jrocket
01-08-2005, 10:04 AM
And you sure as hell dont want to be there!

jdogginla
01-08-2005, 10:05 AM
I thought we changed it from South Central L.A.........to South L.A. in order to help revive that part of town. South Central is no mas........or am i wrong.

LUVNLIFE
01-08-2005, 10:19 AM
What the hell are they going to revive? :confused: The gang wars? Like they ever ended.