PDA

View Full Version : Trailer question

WYRD
04-19-2006, 08:39 AM
My trailer is a 01 zieman with tandem axels. Hauling my 26' advantage. I keep getting side bubbles in the tires, never had a blow out but fawk I am sick of buying new tires everyother trip. (about $650 last season) I have no idea why I keep getting bubbles, is it too small of a tire? too heavy of a boat? towing too fast (around 75 usually) I thought about lifting the trailer to put 15" 10 ply on it instead of 14" 8 ply but unsure if that is the problem. Any suggestions? Thanks

OGShocker
04-19-2006, 08:50 AM
My trailer is a 01 zieman with tandem axels. Hauling my 26' advantage. I keep getting side bubbles in the tires, never had a blow out but fawk I am sick of buying new tires everyother trip. (about $650 last season) I have no idea why I keep getting bubbles, is it too small of a tire? too heavy of a boat? towing too fast (around 75 usually) I thought about lifting the trailer to put 15" 10 ply on it instead of 14" 8 ply but unsure if that is the problem. Any suggestions? Thanks
Stop hitting curbs..LMAO

NOTALENT
04-19-2006, 08:52 AM
Stop hitting curbs..LMAO
Thats what I was going to say..... :crossx:

IMPATIENT 1
04-19-2006, 08:53 AM
Sounds Like They're Overloaded With Wieght. Might Want To Switch To A 8ply Tire If Your Runnin 6plys.

Eliminator 4 Life
04-19-2006, 08:54 AM
go buy a triple axle extreme and throw that zieman in the dumpster :)

IMPATIENT 1
04-19-2006, 08:57 AM
Sounds Like They're Overloaded With Wieght. Might Want To Switch To A 8ply Tire If Your Runnin 6plys.
I'M A DUMBASS, I DIDN'T SEE THAT YOU RUN 8PLYS ALREADY.HOW ABOUT THE TRAILER HOUSE TYPE TIRES.THEY'RE LIKE 14PLY AREN'T THEY?14INCH TOO I THINK.

WYRD
04-19-2006, 08:59 AM
Thanks for all the SARCASM FAWKERS. I know of only one time that I hit a curb and after that I am really careful not to, so who knows and I already am running an eight ply trailer tire that is not the cheapy (65 dollars each) ouch! would putting a 15" 10 ply help? How bout just running radials instead of a trailer tire?

Biglue
04-19-2006, 09:03 AM
Thanks for all the SARCASM FAWKERS. I know of only one time that I hit a curb and after that I am really careful not to, so who knows and I already am running an eight ply trailer tire that is not the cheapy (65 dollars each) ouch! would putting a 15" 10 ply help? How bout just running radials instead of a trailer tire?
$65 each????? Are you buying a decent brand tire? I just paid $90 for a replacement carlisle which is also a 14 inch..........or did I get jacked? Fok'n thing turned into a $110 repair with all the mouting and BS fees it comes along with.

Eliminator 4 Life
04-19-2006, 09:16 AM
Alright since you wont buy a new extreme give this guy a call he is the distrubitor head guy for carlisle the head tire compnay for trailers and tell him what you got his name is Bill Spaeth and his so cal number is 909-947-1831..
Ill take a cold beer on May 5th in Havasu CINCO DE DRINKO ELiminator Regatta :)

WYRD
04-19-2006, 09:22 AM
Alright since you wont buy a new extreme give this guy a call he is the distrubitor head guy for carlisle the head tire compnay for trailers and tell him what you got his name is Bill Spaeth and his so cal number is 909-947-1831..
Ill take a cold beer on May 5th in Havasu CINCO DE DRINKO ELiminator Regatta :)
Yes Sir now that is what I am talking about F'ing A right :cool:

Kilrtoy
04-19-2006, 09:42 AM
The tires want to cart around a better boat, They said they are tired of being at a DISadvantage :boxed: :rollside:

WYRD
04-19-2006, 09:46 AM
The tires want to cart around a better boat, They said they are tired of being at a DISadvantage :boxed: :rollside:
OUCH hatin on the Green Machine huh? Dont laugh its paid for :crossx:

Kilrtoy
04-19-2006, 09:48 AM
OUCH hatin on the Green Machine huh? Dont laugh its paid for :crossx:
What happen bro, you used to roll deep with the ladies and last weekend was Broke Back HAVASU, no wonder the tires bubbled under all that weight of sausage.....
You know Im just messing with ya Shane... :boxed:

Havasu Luvr
04-19-2006, 09:48 AM
Shane, some of the cause is turning to tight which drags the rear axle tires rather then rolling them. This causes the sidewall to over-stretch the ply's and thus over time the plys in the sidewall begin to break causing the sidewall cancer (bubbles). I have always tried making wider turns with my boat trailer & 38' 5th wheel.

WYRD
04-19-2006, 09:54 AM
What happen bro, you used to roll deep with the ladies and last weekend was Broke Back HAVASU, no wonder the tires bubbled under all that weight of sausage.....
You know Im just messing with ya Shane... :boxed:
I am change that tune this weekend, got a couple of smokin hotties for the ride along. :cool: :p

WYRD
04-19-2006, 09:55 AM
Shane, some of the cause is turning to tight which drags the rear axle tires rather then rolling them. This causes the sidewall to over-stretch the ply's and thus over time the plys in the sidewall begin to break causing the sidewall cancer (bubbles). I have always tried making wider turns with my boat trailer & 38' 5th wheel.
Thanks Dave I will try that too. When is the next trup out?

Wild Horses
04-19-2006, 10:09 AM
Also make sure you have the max air pressure in them. If you run them at max weight and lower air they will bubble.
Also if you get a bubble on a tire take it back to were you got it and have them replace a defective tire! :mad:

WYRD
04-19-2006, 10:20 AM
Also make sure you have the max air pressure in them. If you run them at max weight and lower air they will bubble.
Also if you get a bubble on a tire take it back to were you got it and have them replace a defective tire! :mad:
Thanks Clint, They say they wont replace em cause they are a trailer tire. Guess if boating was cheap everybody would do it :idea:

Havasu Luvr
04-19-2006, 10:34 AM
Thanks Dave I will try that too. When is the next trup out?
The next 2 weekends.... you?

WYRD
04-19-2006, 10:36 AM
The next 2 weekends.... you?
22nd then may 6th then may 13 then may 20th tthen June 3rd......you get the picture right :cool:

djunkie
04-19-2006, 10:37 AM
You need a trailer like this. :crossx:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1768labor_day_2002_099-med.jpg

WYRD
04-19-2006, 10:45 AM
You need a trailer like this. :crossx:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1768labor_day_2002_099-med.jpg
Only if it comes with your smokin hot blonde :crossx:

havasurat27
04-19-2006, 11:03 AM
Thanks Clint, They say they wont replace em cause they are a trailer tire. Guess if boating was cheap everybody would do it :idea:
B : Break B : Bend
O : Out O : Over
A : Another A : And
T : Thousand T : Take it!
It's all expensive these days............! :yuk:

djunkie
04-19-2006, 12:23 PM
Only if it comes with your smokin hot blonde :crossx:
Sure. You something you can trade? :crossx:

OGShocker
04-19-2006, 01:15 PM
:boxed:
Man are you ever the insensitive fuker. You know he is still reeling from the last guy that fawked him over.. :crossx:

WYRD
04-19-2006, 01:25 PM
Man are you ever the insensitive fuker. You know he is still reeling from the last guy that fawked him over.. :crossx:
Just because she had bigger ballz then I did doesnt make her a GUY :crossx:

purrfecttremor
04-20-2006, 05:02 AM
Are you suppose to run radial instead of bias tires?I tried radials on my last trailor and when they blow it does major damage to the trailor and the side of the boat!Thats why trailor tires are bias! Just my .02 cents.