PDA

View Full Version : cell phone serv

wildbillg
01-08-2005, 02:27 PM
what cell phone service are you useing and are you happy with them.
Im thinking about gettin a new service and at work we have nextel, and I hate it, my wife is on cellular one, and I am thinking about going to get sprint....
gimme some in put.
Thanks in advance

djunkie
01-08-2005, 02:30 PM
Just get one of each that way you are always guaranteed service wherever you are. :hammerhea No, seriously I have cingular and it is ok. Have friend with all the others and really wouldn't say one is better than the other. Basically depends on where you plan on using it.

fat rat
01-08-2005, 02:33 PM
Verizon.........I've used it from Maui to Maine no problems.
They got or are getting the walkie-talkie function, I hear. :cool:

1h20lowrider
01-08-2005, 02:50 PM
been with verizon for 2 months excellent....got rid of nextel(sucks) and if you are not happy with nextel they are merging with sprint!!!!!!!

THOR
01-08-2005, 02:58 PM
If it makes a difference I am paying to get out of my contract from Cingular because they suck.

NashvilleBound
01-08-2005, 02:59 PM
Throughout the US Verizon is the only one you will be happy with.

HCS
01-08-2005, 03:05 PM
T-Mobile. Inexspensive and dependable.
I have had zero problems.

Rev. Williams
01-08-2005, 03:10 PM
I'll give Verizon another thumbs up !! Service is hit and miss along the river (fine in Havasu, but Parker is skechy), but when I drove to Wisconsin to get my boat I had service ALL the time!

ahhell
01-08-2005, 03:12 PM
We have the family plan on verizon. Ive been with them for 8 years and the only place i cant get reception is inside Sears in Victorville...go figure. We call anywhere in the nation for the same price and cell to cell is free...(free for 140 a month for 4 phones... :220v: ) the boys call their girlfriends for hours on end for nada as long as the g-friend has verizon

charlyox
01-08-2005, 03:28 PM
AT&T customer service SUCKS!

LilHarley
01-08-2005, 03:33 PM
Nextel ... I use the Direct Connect a lot with the wifey! Works great for us. :rollside:

Sleek-Jet
01-08-2005, 03:58 PM
Verizon....

MOBrien
01-08-2005, 04:06 PM
First we were with AT&T and were unhappy with the service.......
Then we signed up with Sprint, and were unhappy with the service.......
VERIZON is the way to go. Few, if any drops and it remains crystal clear wherever we seem to be. Prices are decent too.
my $.02
-MOB

Kahuna
01-08-2005, 04:36 PM
I have been with most of the carriers. Cingular I think has the slickest phones, the new Razor is amazing. They just merged with AT&T so they should have complete coverage. Nextel have the phone that never seem get smaller. The reason I got Verizon is that it is has the best reception at my work, just be sure to choose the right plan.

Music to my Ears
01-08-2005, 05:25 PM
T-Mobile. Inexspensive and dependable.
I have had zero problems.
I like my T-Mobile at home but the coverage at the river is pretty mediocre. :cry:

Kilrtoy
01-08-2005, 05:47 PM
After being cheap for so long, I can no longer take it.
Im getting VERIZON next month. HANDS DOWN THE BEST, it just cost more....

Kilrtoy
01-08-2005, 05:57 PM
At work we tried every phone company
T-mobile and Sprint have to be the worst, I think they fight each other to see who can provide the worst service
Nextel is only a step above them.Drops calls like ratso drops women....
At&T and Cingular are equal
now that they merged Customer service sucks
Verizon WORKS everywhere, there customer service is OK, but there cell service is unsurpassed....
VERIZON

72Hallett
01-08-2005, 05:59 PM
Had AT&T, thought they we're bad. Switched to Nextel, they we're the worst. Now with Verizon. They are the best of the 3.

Forkin' Crazy
01-08-2005, 06:07 PM
They all suck!!! :yuk: In one way or the other. :boxed:
I have Cingular, it is tolerable.

wildbillg
01-08-2005, 06:13 PM
Ive been talkin to a lot of folks here in Havasu and they are mostly with Sprint out here and seems to not have to many problems with them.
Verizon does not seem to work to good out here from what im hearing.

Kilrtoy
01-08-2005, 06:16 PM
Ive been talkin to a lot of folks here in Havasu and they are mostly with Sprint out here and seems to not have to many problems with them.
Really I have been out there with all those phones and verizon was the best, but then again, I would talk to people who live there....

TCHB
01-08-2005, 07:42 PM
Dropped Verizon and now Cingular

RiverRatMike
01-08-2005, 09:32 PM
I have Sprint here in Havasu and works great.

phebus
01-08-2005, 09:48 PM
I have had Verizon for a couple of years. It used to suck in Havasu, and to make a call from my house, I had to walk to the end of the driveway. But, they must have added some cell sites, because from last summer on, I get great reception. My phone works good everywhere in town. Parker is another story, very spotty.

Tow Guy
01-08-2005, 09:50 PM
Hi My Name Is Sam From Nextel...Can I Interest You In A New Bend Over Cell Plan That Drops Calls And The Totally Perfect Two-Way Radio Feature Only Works When You Are Side By Side With A Cell Sight And The Person You Are Alerting..
..............................................F**K Nextel........................................

HCS
01-08-2005, 10:41 PM
Well.......did you pick one?

wildbillg
01-09-2005, 08:31 AM
Well.......did you pick one?
Ya I think im going to to with sprint out here in Havasu, everyone who has it here swears by them, actually went into the sprint store to get it and they are sold out of the phone till friday, told me I can transfer my number and just have to wait for the phone.............
oh welll
http://www1.sprintpcs.com/media/Assets/ueContent/phones/wow-phoneDetailsPM8200KITS.gif

MsDrmr
01-09-2005, 08:49 AM
used to have cingular, and loved it...now I have Verizon, and I am constantly being over charged. I have had the phone for about 6 mos now and not once has my bill been correct :mad:

JetBoatRich
01-09-2005, 08:56 AM
We have Nextel 100% paid for by the company :redface: since it seems to be the industry standard, it makes it easy to reach all of our sub-contractors.
They never tried to compete for pricing :mad: and lost a lot of business. If we did not use it for work, we would shop around :idea:

Havasu Cig
01-09-2005, 10:30 AM
We have Verizon now and I drop less calls than I did with Cingular, T-Mobile, or any other company I have been with, but I have found that they all suck when it comes to customer service. :mad:

HavaTan
01-09-2005, 10:39 AM
Hey Bill,
Sprint IS the dominant provider in Havasu. For a couple of years I had both a Verizon phone and a Sprint phone. Used to forward my Verizon calls to my Sprint # anytime I was in Havasu (which is often...). Had ATT before that (SUCK), had Verizon, switched to Cingular because of the service in Havasu (CINGULAR SUCKS WORSE THAT ATT). Went back to Verizon when they added a lot of new towers in the area. Haven't had a single problem keeping a call in Havasu...Needless to say, I turned off the Sprint phone last month. I dont' need it anymore.
OK OK. After all that, flip a coin...HEADS - Verizon, TAILS - Sprint. Either will be a good choice. But, be warned, SPRINT just bought NEXTEL!!!
See you in a couple weeks in LA.

wildbillg
01-09-2005, 10:47 AM
We have the Nextel phones for work and they work fine WHILE you are in town or in the LA area, but you get into certian spots in town and they really suck, (work pays for it). It seems like Sprint IS the dominant cell in Havasu and they seem to be good other places also, so I am going to go for the Sprint and see what happens with them........
Thanks for all the input!
See you all in LA for the boat show.............

Kindsvater Flat
01-09-2005, 10:50 AM
I have both AT&T and Nextel. I have had AT&T for around 10 yrs with no problems and Nextel for 3 yrs with intermittent problems. Mostly equipment. All I know is driving from up here by chico all the way to Needles and not loosing service kept me happy.

Unforgiven
01-09-2005, 10:57 AM
I've got nextel...works real good for racing (walkie Talkie) but all cell service sucks, I don't know how we survived without cell phones...Kind of sucks when you try to reach people and all you get to is voice mail cause they are out of area...I think the next step is to spend the big bucks on a SAT PHONE...but then I can't use the excuse...my cell wasn't working, thats why I couldn't call.... :hammerhea

Dusty Times
01-10-2005, 05:23 PM
I had Nextel for 3 years and it got worse instead of better as far as reception.
Switched to Sprint this summer and love it. The PCS to PCS makes up for the two way savings that Nextel had (wich Sprint has too).
Also, Sprint has bought Nextel or is merging with them.

SHOTKALLIN
01-10-2005, 05:30 PM
Nextel phone coverage sucks. thats why they have the walkie talkie.

uncle larry
01-10-2005, 07:06 PM
funny how everyone has good and bad stories to tell.
Have had att, verizon, cingular and nextel here in havasu.
Att was the best but could not get a new local number - they cant offerl local numbers. verizon dropped at least 75% of all the calls, cingualr worked great in town problems other place. nextel.. have had for year had intermittant coverage until 2 montsh ago all of a sudden everywhere I go in havasu i get 5 bars.. plus service works pretty good along all interstates...
so make a choice you will either love it or hate it or put up with it.
Thinking we should all drop all forms of phone service and just talk to each other face to face....

NAMarine
01-10-2005, 07:13 PM
Have Nextel and works good, less problems than when I was with AT&T and cheaper too. Sprint( I believe) just bought Nextel. :cry:

shadow
01-10-2005, 07:26 PM
Wildbill, I've got sprint and live and work in Havasu.Next to you at the Ford dealership.Travel back and fourth to So Cal. regularly and can say i've never had any problems with loosing calls,reception customer service,etc.Get the plan that will suit your needs so you won't get a suprise when the bill shows up.We went through a couple different plans at first now we have a great plan and are happy with sprint.
The only place i can count on loosing reception is in Parker or someplaces out in the middle of the desert,which is common for most service.

Turbojack
01-10-2005, 08:13 PM
Sprint customer service has been the pits. It took almost I think 6 months to get my bill correct when I signed a new contract. We have 4 phones on verizon & 13 on sprint. The sprint was cheaper but by the time I spent all my time trying to get my sprint account correct & would have been cheaper with verizon. Our Sprint contact is up the end of this month & switching all our phones to verizon.