PDA

View Full Version : Got Water???

ACCEPTENCE
01-09-2005, 01:13 PM
I think not...here's the Needles ramp.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/1415Needles1.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/1415Needles2.jpg
and here is Jack Smith ramp as of yesterday.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/1415Jack_Smith1.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/1415Jack_Smith2.jpg
The good news is that the grading equipment looks to be in place for the planned upgrades to the Jack Smith launch facility.

Highlimit9000
01-09-2005, 01:26 PM
Plus they are holding back all that water to fill Mead and Powell... Snow pack should be good this year...Just more water running in April! Needles should be flowin by then!!! :D

shueman
01-09-2005, 01:46 PM
Did you get any pix of Moabi...?? They are expanding the ramp and dredging out the channel...

beer hunter
01-09-2005, 01:55 PM
I'd be willing to bet that these looooooooow water levels might have something to do with the work at Moabi and other ramps :idea:

ACCEPTENCE
01-09-2005, 02:05 PM
Did you get any pix of Moabi...?? They are expanding the ramp and dredging out the channel...
I'll snap a pic or two for ya come Friday and post em for ya.

BarryMac
01-09-2005, 02:08 PM
Those are some pretty cool pics acceptance, thanks for sharing with us, hopefully we will be making a trip to that part of the river this season...

LUVNLIFE
01-09-2005, 02:30 PM
Thanks for the pics. Always cool to see the ramps like that, but only when you know it's for upgrades :D

dmontzsta
01-09-2005, 02:56 PM
Geez, thanks for the pics. You guys need some of this rain. I can see Jack Smiths nice ramp much better now. That damn ledge is a bitch, it just drops your trailer off. I know some people that have a place to the left of jack smiths (just to the right of that bottome pic), that little private beach there right when you exit. We started heading up in there last year and got stuck and had a hell of a time getting up and on the trailer, had to have someone sit on the bow and two people lift on the back and push. They showed us lots of hospitality last year, thanks to Ntwotrance for that, hope to be there again. Needles rocks!

shueman
01-09-2005, 04:11 PM
I'll snap a pic or two for ya come Friday and post em for ya.
That would be cool...'preach-e-ate-it...!!! :D

Mrs. casean
01-09-2005, 04:19 PM
Wow! Now I appreciate the rain :D This summer we should have better water levels! :D

Havasu_Dreamin
01-10-2005, 11:33 AM
Wow! Now I appreciate the rain :D This summer we should have better water levels! :D
Not necessarily. This rain really won''t help alleviate the water conditions unless the Rockies get a GREAT snow pack as that is what feeds the Colorado River basin.

bullseye
01-10-2005, 12:57 PM
those pics look about like it did during thanksgiving , it was petty bad we were able to walk about 70 yards out in to the river

svlperry
01-19-2005, 10:06 AM
what ever happened to the pics of park moabi

Pet This
01-19-2005, 03:00 PM
Those water levels (2200 cfm) lasted for 1 week. It went back to normal winter levels (4500 - 9000 cfs) sunday. The folks down river had more water than they could use/handle so dept. of Reclamation turned Hoover, Davis, and Parker dams down to very minimum flow. Havasu was within 6" of overflow for the entire week. Apparently because so much water was flowing down the Bill Williams river.
I visited Moabi Sat. they still had enough water there, but I didn't see any signs of construction going on.
The work had started at Jack Smith. They were beginning to dig, build a coffer dam, and place rip-rap. It should be nice when it's done.
Is it possible that somone got Moabi and Jack Smith mixed up?

ACCEPTENCE
01-19-2005, 04:12 PM
what ever happened to the pics of park moabi
I took three pics at Park Moabi on Sunday last.
I just haven't posted em yet.
The entire launch facility is closed down!!!
The heavy equipment is diggin and the crews are workin hard, the place is torn to shit right now.
It's going to be a nice place for launching when thier done :D :D :D

RADDONKEY
01-19-2005, 09:46 PM
I was at laughlin on sunday and the water was very low but mohave looked great. Lake mead is coming up fast, It came up 3 feet in the last two weeks. Still got a long way to go. :)