PDA

View Full Version : Kingman Az?

superV
01-10-2005, 01:32 PM
Looking at a possible relocation to the Kingman area and would like to hear others input on the area?

Dusty Times
01-10-2005, 01:42 PM
I've lived here my whole life.
You want the good or the bad? LOL

superV
01-10-2005, 01:48 PM
Both I was just there last week on my to socal and on my way back it reminded me of the high desert 15-20yrs ago. Is there money to made in real estate. Give it to me bad and good! BTW I have a 7 and 8yr old.

OutCole'd
01-10-2005, 01:52 PM
My sister lives there. She's been there for about 15 years and loves it. Nice climate, little windy, but not too hot.

spectratoad
01-10-2005, 01:59 PM
I think RiverKitty lives there.

superV
01-10-2005, 02:01 PM
I was thinking about her im sure she will chim in sometime :)

Jrocket
01-10-2005, 02:02 PM
My dad lives out there,but then again........he's nutts so I guess that wont help ya.

superV
01-10-2005, 02:02 PM
You can definitly make money out there. Havasu and BHC are pricing people out so they are moving into Kingman. Lots of building going on and businesses are starting to relocate there. There is not a lot of nice housing for rent right now in that area and that is why I bought the house...to rent. It is 3 bedrooms by the way with a block wall around the back in a family neighborhood.
I have made a good return on the house over the past year. Up about 20% or so.
Cool deal that whaty i like to hear.Thanks for the info I will be buying if and when we go!

superV
01-10-2005, 02:03 PM
My dad lives out there,but then again........he's nutts so I guess that wont help ya.
Yours too :hammer2:

Rod-64
01-10-2005, 02:16 PM
Looking at a possible relocation to the Kingman area and would like to hear others input on the area?
What are hoping to be looking for as far as work goes?

Dusty Times
01-10-2005, 02:20 PM
Actually it's a very nice place especially to rase kids. Property values a climbing quick so atleast by property or a home quick.
I'm a contractor and have seen plans for development that will fill almost every open area you see when you drive through town.
It's nice to spend a weekend at the lake and come home to a slow pace 10 to 15 degree cooler temp. We are between the Colorado River and all of the lakes, and between Vegas, Flagstaff, Phoenix, and Cali.
PM me next time you're coming through town and I'll show you around.

superV
01-11-2005, 06:04 AM
Actually it's a very nice place especially to rase kids. Property values a climbing quick so atleast by property or a home quick.
I'm a contractor and have seen plans for development that will fill almost every open area you see when you drive through town.
It's nice to spend a weekend at the lake and come home to a slow pace 10 to 15 degree cooler temp. We are between the Colorado River and all of the lakes, and between Vegas, Flagstaff, Phoenix, and Cali.
PM me next time you're coming through town and I'll show you around.
Thanks for the info thats what I wanted to hear! What area should I be looking at to buy land?

superV
01-11-2005, 06:08 AM
What are hoping to be looking for as far as work goes?
I work in inspection QA/QC.With a focus on welding and heavy metal.I can work anywhere!

superV
01-11-2005, 09:45 AM
Anyone else have any more info? :rollside:

LUVNLIFE
01-11-2005, 09:52 AM
PM Doug H he just recently relocated out there.

superV
01-11-2005, 11:07 AM
PM Doug H he just recently relocated out there.
Thanks!

Dusty Times
01-11-2005, 01:12 PM
Arizonas largest machine shop and field service for power plants, mines, and manufacturing is located here. Don't know if thats the type of job your looking for or not.
There are only a few areas where I wouldn't by land right now. There are so many new areas developing it just depends on what you are looking for and what lot size or how much acreage you want.

rvrpig
01-11-2005, 01:13 PM
Well Timothy Mcvey (Oklahoma Bomber) Lived there! ANd the leader of the KKK is rumored to live there too? :sqeyes: :idea: :supp:

Ion
01-11-2005, 01:18 PM
Both I was just there last week on my to socal and on my way back it reminded me of the high desert 15-20yrs ago. Is there money to made in real estate. Give it to me bad and good! BTW I have a 7 and 8yr old.
YES! There is lots of money to be made there! I bought two golfcourse lots last summer in Valle Vista, a golfcourse community just past town. Here's an idea of how things are going there. In 2003, fairway lots were averaging $15k per. The latest fairway lots to sell are upwards of $60k. But...these are all Valle Vista golfcourse properties, not in-town Kingman lots.

Dusty Times
01-11-2005, 01:24 PM
With the master planned communities already on paper Valle Vista will soon connect to Kingman. If you decide to build in Valle Vista let me know. Pitts and Son builds the best homes.
Timothy McVey lived alot of places (as most freaks do) and was here for a very short time. He was not from here or he would have been hung years before he became a mass murderer. This is still an old west kinda town.LOL

OutCole'd
01-11-2005, 01:36 PM
Did I mention my Sister lives there? Single & looking to mingle.
Look at me, trying to play match maker for her.

Dusty Times
01-11-2005, 02:17 PM
Plenty of single guys.
Hope she doesn't go for one of the local losers though.
How old is she? I might know someone.

OutCole'd
01-11-2005, 02:19 PM
Plenty of single guys.
Hope she doesn't go for one of the local losers though.
How old is she? I might know someone.
43, She has been there for a while and met nothing but the local loosers so far. How many more can their be?

Dusty Times
01-11-2005, 02:26 PM
This place was full of them but it's getting better with a higher class of people moving to the area.
(Hope that didn't sound bad)

superV
01-12-2005, 07:14 AM
I was just looking at two lots on the golf course but i would like to be in the foot hills. Tell me more about this Machine shop I am currently Director of QA/QC and Safty for the largest machine shop in the midwest! What is the name of this place?

superV
01-17-2005, 06:12 AM
TTT :rollside:

Dusty Times
01-18-2005, 04:52 AM
Well!!!!!!!!!
Are you gonna be my neighbor?

superV
01-18-2005, 07:13 AM
Well!!!!!!!!!
Are you gonna be my neighbor?
Not till this time next year my wife has to finish school here and will not be done till Dec:( but im looking for land now to build on later! :cry:

slowinhavasuskid
01-18-2005, 07:28 AM
We have some friends that live in Kingman with kids. They have a good school district there and the weather is nice. :rollside:

Doug H.
01-18-2005, 08:45 AM
Thanks Cale, I moved from Cali 6-7 months ago and love it here, im only 1.5 hours to Vegas, 40 min. to the river (laughlin) and about an hour to Havasu, as you can see we are centrally located, schools are good because i teach there j/k. people are friendly and live at a slower pace than a major city.
Jobs are becoming more of the norm now with new business's poppy up every where, get in while the getting is good NOW!!!!!... The climate is tolerable compared to Havasu or laughlin, 12-15 degrees cooler is normal it makes it a little more pleasant to live and work.
Kingman is growing at a rapid pace so start looking to buy your land NOW for next year as you said. Let me know if i can be of any help to ya.......Doug

superV
01-18-2005, 10:23 AM
Thanks Doug thats the kind of stuff I like to hear.