01-10-2005, 03:54 PM
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/36230ftcatrightside-med.jpg
another view

jackpunx
01-10-2005, 03:56 PM
thats a real tunnel.. what is it?

carreraboat
01-10-2005, 03:58 PM
The boat has a cabin a full balsa core and with tanks and inner liner and windsheild it weighs a little over 2000 lbs. i would really like your feed back on this thanks bo

carreraboat
01-10-2005, 04:05 PM
I dont know what the owners are going to call it i will be able to sell the boat with twin bbc 500ish hp motors and bravos with full gaffrig gauges and controls turn key with a warranty for 119000. will be easily 110 plus boat

carreraboat
01-10-2005, 04:06 PM
It is a true tunnel they also have a insert for a single screw setup

RiverDave
01-10-2005, 04:24 PM
It is a true tunnel they also have a insert for a single screw setup
You know I'm not the sharpest guy in the world here.. but wouldn't the insert for a mold be to make it a true tunnel, and when you pulled the insert out it'd make a certain sponson?
RD

RiverOtter
01-10-2005, 04:30 PM
I like it cause it's got a windshield :D

carreraboat
01-10-2005, 05:02 PM
If it is a true tunnel mold then you have to add an insert to give it a center sponson is the they way i was thinkin if it is a tunnel that was designed with a center sponson already i think is what your talkin about?

25Elmn8r
01-10-2005, 05:27 PM
I like the lines of this boat. i would really like to see it without the black or with graphics. Is this a fresh bottom design? or a modified version of something else?
Twin 30' cat for $119k seems unrealistic yet very interesting! I would like to see more pics if you have them.

carreraboat
01-10-2005, 05:38 PM
the factory wants to get a few out there this is a limited time offer it will not last. yes that is a cost plus on the boat we can do graphics but it is an extra charge. the boat is east coast in design.
Twin 30' cat for $119k seems unrealistic yet very interesting! I would like to see more pics if you have them.[/QUOTE]

carreraboat
01-10-2005, 05:40 PM
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/36230ftcatsideontrailer-med.jpg
this is the last one i have for now

CornWater
01-10-2005, 05:42 PM
Looks like the older skaters..

carreraboat
01-10-2005, 05:47 PM
kinda but they did there own thing?

DrewDown
01-10-2005, 05:49 PM
I like the lines of this boat. i would really like to see it without the black or with graphics. Is this a fresh bottom design? or a modified version of something else?
Twin 30' cat for $119k seems unrealistic yet very interesting! I would like to see more pics if you have them.You can get a new 30' spectre with twins blenders for $120k.

carreraboat
01-10-2005, 06:10 PM
we can do outboards as well but this price is with big blocks

ECeptor
01-10-2005, 06:11 PM
nice lines, damn good looking boat!
2000#s stripped. So add twins plus interior for another 3000# to yield 5000#s total?

STVBOY
01-10-2005, 06:21 PM
Thats the new Liberator they built that I think about a year ago when I first saw pics. It is a good looking boat!

timewarp
01-10-2005, 08:05 PM
That's a splash of the 30 Spectre bottom isn't it?

hoffman
01-10-2005, 08:08 PM
Yes that is a Liberator from Dave Adams. I went to Texas 2 or 3 months ago to pick up my new 21 footer and he had 3 of those 30 footers there. And I have to say they were very impersive. Dave told me with single outdrive he got 112mph. I belive it was with a 900hp motor.

TOBTEK
01-10-2005, 08:16 PM
good lookin boat! Will be interesting to see one done. GREAT price, IF its done nicley..........

carreracat257
01-10-2005, 09:28 PM
Nice boat!!!! when will the first one be ready?

carreraboat
01-11-2005, 08:23 AM
the bottom is a modified lightning,and yes it is a liberator and we trying to get one over to havasu asap to let people see it in person and see what they think?

Magic34
01-11-2005, 10:29 AM
You'll sell the heck out of those at that price.

carreraboat
01-11-2005, 03:24 PM
What do you think is the best method to promote and or advertise this boat? I think this is a killer boat for a killer price. Just looking for some suggestions.

jackpunx
01-11-2005, 03:33 PM
What do you think is the best method to promote and or advertise this boat? I think this is a killer boat for a killer price. Just looking for some suggestions.
..Put some big ass shiney motors in it
..go to the boat show
..Put a really expensive paint job on it and the price as is new.. and tow it around havasu
..Park it at the yard house with the obnoxious paint job..
..enter it in every poker run..
..Get lots of chicks to go with you when you take it out
..Let people on the boards test drive it so they can give an honest oppinion and cheerlead for you
basicly you have to spend some money to make some.. Good luck.. its a good looking boat.. I would like to look a little at it a little closer..
good luck

carreraboat
01-11-2005, 03:56 PM
Thank you for your input. I think we are on the same page i am going to put some decent power and do what you say let people drive it and give me there input i am in the middle of spending the money have one sold already with twin supercharged small blocks i really want to see how that runs guessing about 105 to 110 mph got to build motors first!

Two K's
01-11-2005, 04:07 PM
Liberator has been talking about a 30' for about a year now. I guess they finished it, looks great. I did a search on aol yesterday liberator boats and they have a web site with more pictures. They told me on a email that the bottom is like spectre but with a pod and it has a good size cabin and seats 4 to 5 across back seat.

phebus
01-11-2005, 04:32 PM
To late for the LA Boat Show, but I would think it would have been a great place to launch the new boat.

carreraboat
01-11-2005, 04:36 PM
k's there is no pod on the twins and the cabin is maybe the cockpit? maybe you got the 2 confused down below there would not be room for 4 or 5 on one side?

carreraboat
01-11-2005, 04:37 PM
We will work on next years boat show i agree that would be a great place to show the boat off!

playdeep
01-11-2005, 05:33 PM
A few questions...
What exactly do you get for a buck19?
Motors for instance,built by a reputable engine builder(Teague,Eickert,Pfaff etc.) or in house?if so by whom?are you building the motors?.
What hard parts will be used for each motor for the 119k selling price?
Drives=Stock bravos or upgraded (IMCO,Max Machine).
Steering=full hydraulic?,what mfg?
You neglected to mention if a trailer is included at 119k...
If so is it comperable to an Extreme,or an erector set looking job with Jackman style wheels...
It would be nice to have some more information about the bottom of the boat(beyond, they did there own thing).
Do you have any pictures of the rigging? or interior?
Has the boat actually run 112?,or is that just a hoped for number...

hoffman
01-11-2005, 06:48 PM
Me and my Dad have been thinking of a regota at havasu. He has the 24 foot liberator painted stars and strips with the bald eagles painted on the cowlings. We've had it at havasu and it works really good. W
We have about 5 liberators in are group at the lower colorado river. Ive talked to Dave Adams about this, he said he will try to get a 30footer down for that weekend. Let me know if you set anything up like this or would want to come join the fun.

Tom Slick
01-11-2005, 06:58 PM
I'm no expert, but the price may not be to far fetched, depending on the build quality. I have heard that one can get a new Spectre 30 with 500's, XR's, steering, etc for well under $180,000. A Spectre is a vacuum bagged, foam core, etc boat, thus costs much more to produce. I can see them building a hull using simpler process and cheaper materials and offering the first few boats at a discounted intro. price, thus getting the cheaper price.

hoffman
01-11-2005, 07:01 PM
Dont know who builds the motors. But the tailor comes two ways. 1. you can get it galvinized with alluminum wheels led lights. or 2. metal painted white with fiber glass fenders or metal painted or crome, led lights.
outdrive is what ever you can afford.
yes the boat did run 112mph with single outdrive 900hp I belive it was.
You can have the bottum two ways with or with out sponson.
Hope that kinda helps you.

carreraboat
01-11-2005, 07:31 PM
playdeep just drop it you are not interested! all you are trying to do is make trouble all you are doing is trying to stir the pot. I really do not want your negative input. Dave builds a great boat i am trying to help him promote a great boat with a simple motor that puts the boat over the 100 mph mark at reasonable price. you can option the boat to death but that is a basic setup like i said with warranty. if you have any other questions i would appreciate you pm me and not to bring the bad blood you have against me on these boards. and yes it does come with a trailer " and no jackman wheels" if anyone would like to know specifics please keep the pm's coming i will answer them all.
hoffamn and i think a reggetta would be a great idea hoffaman i have sent you a pm

Two K's
01-12-2005, 08:18 AM
Carreraboat, Sorry if I worded it wrong.I am looking to go single engine so I asked them about their hull with a pod because I would want a center pod tunnel. Don't tell my east coast buddies here where I live :eek: cause they might burn me on a stake :2purples: ] Also if it would have a cabin and they said yes. Also I asked how many people could sit in the rearseat of cockpit of the boat,not the cabin.I am looking at a few tunnels and have one in mind right now and this liberator is real nice too I think you will do well with that boat it looks great and seems very well built. LOL

TOBTEK
01-12-2005, 08:40 AM
Me and my Dad have been thinking of a regota at havasu. He has the 24 foot liberator painted stars and strips with the bald eagles painted on the cowlings. We've had it at havasu and it works really good. W
We have about 5 liberators in are group at the lower colorado river. Ive talked to Dave Adams about this, he said he will try to get a 30footer down for that weekend. Let me know if you set anything up like this or would want to come join the fun.
hey Chris......hows EveryThing for you and pop's? getting ready for the season? Any new tweek's to the 24? You guys should get one of these 30's, they look really nice! Id entertain getting a blank with tanks and paint one up, would be a great project.

carreraboat
01-12-2005, 09:19 AM
Chris it was good talking to you this morning we are going to have to hook up in april!

TOBTEK
01-12-2005, 09:28 AM
Chris it was good talking to you this morning we are going to have to hook up in april!
BRING A NEW 30 out to there river pad. Id like to check it out. I'll make the long drive from my place to theirs :)

carreraboat
01-12-2005, 09:53 AM
looks like i a 30 with twin supercharged small blocks sold we are going to try and have it done by the heat wave

MarkK
01-12-2005, 10:05 AM
Have they tested one?

hoffman
01-12-2005, 11:58 AM
hey tobtek whats up?
No we havent done anymore little goodies yet. we did have to rebuild a gearcase though. I finaly got my 21 in. I have had it for 3 months now. Next weekend me and pops are going to go to the river to do some testing. Got to get everything dialed in for the new year.
I told my dad if he bought a 30 that I would buy his 24, but my mom would Kill Him. So whats your plan for this next year?

TOBTEK
01-12-2005, 12:14 PM
hey tobtek whats up?
No we havent done anymore little goodies yet. we did have to rebuild a gearcase though. I finaly got my 21 in. I have had it for 3 months now. Next weekend me and pops are going to go to the river to do some testing. Got to get everything dialed in for the new year.
I told my dad if he bought a 30 that I would buy his 24, but my mom would Kill Him. So whats your plan for this next year?
THE PLAN IS UP IN THE AIR?????? Made an offer on a MACH26 with twin outboards Friday, but someone outbid me by 5K and I lost it :devil: :notam: so, now im thinking a 3K poonton to get to clearlake and back is looking good. and I'll cruise with wetwillie for the speed passes in his new F29 with a TCM 1200/blown :rollside: . If the right deal pops up, ill grap it.

Mr.Havasu
01-12-2005, 01:45 PM
Hey Charlie,
We were looking at a blank with interior from them at the end of last season. they were quoting 39K no trailer. Would have been a nice project boat but we got are assets tied up in a new house instead. (Dam realtor wife) :smile:
I do like the lines on that 30 liberator alot.

nmboats
01-14-2005, 11:30 PM
Does it come in colored gel or in all white ready for paint? Oh and is that Michael (playdeep) giving you a hard time because I know where he lives?

carreraboat
01-15-2005, 06:34 AM
Either way on the gel and yes on the other question

carreraboat
01-15-2005, 06:37 AM
come on tobtek i will make a smokin deal on a cat i know where there is a great deal on a pair of used 300x's could have it all ready for spring break!

playdeep
01-15-2005, 03:10 PM
...First and foremost,I have no qualms with the boat bulder(Liberator),I actually spoke to (Havasu)Barney about them...He spoke highly of them.
I simply asked a series of questions that pertained to the boat that was being spam'ed in an OPEN forum.
There seems to be a vagueness as to what exactly you get for 119k.
Here is an idea...just answer the questions,without the smoke screen.
NMboats...was your question an invitation?
If so considering (as you stated),you know were I reside...come on over.
...bring your A game.
I ain't hard to find...

nmboats
01-15-2005, 03:52 PM
That is a bas ass cat

nmboats
01-18-2005, 04:35 PM
Don't think I need my " :cool: A" game. Maybe just the B game (B for Bayliner)

WETTE VETTE
01-18-2005, 05:05 PM
A buddy of mine has one of the twin engine versions on order and is hoping to take delivery soon. I believe it will have mild 700 HP blower motors so that will be a good one for seeing how these will run with twins. His boat is yellow and has some nice looking graphics. He supplied the blown 572" used in the single engine boat which is an easy 900 HP. It should be a nice piece and it will be interesting to see how it runs. He is hoping for 110, which should be easy!!! :cool:
Craig

carreraboat
01-18-2005, 06:26 PM
He said bayliner

carreraboat
01-18-2005, 06:27 PM
hey wette you have any pics in progress that sounds like 1 sweet ride keep us informed

WETTE VETTE
01-18-2005, 06:59 PM
Here is a link to Liberator's website. The guy in the single engine boat is Tommy, who has the yellow boat in the bottom picture being rigged. See the photos of the 30' cat on the side bar. :D
http://liberatorfl.tripod.com/id9.html

playdeep
01-18-2005, 07:20 PM
Don't think I need my " :cool: A" game. Maybe just the B game (B for Bayliner)
...Smells like a pose.
At least you type a big game...nmboat.
Still no list of what a 119k will get get ya.
Time to blow a little more smoke there carreraboat...

carreraboat
01-18-2005, 08:02 PM
Playdeep bussiness as usual anytime you can stick you nose into something that you have no interest in except for the fact to sling some mud. I have never done any work for you nor anyone that you know so leave your judgemental atttiude at home. why dont you just drop it. everyone that has pm me i have answerd there question,s and even think i have sold a boat or 2 thanks guys for the phone calls as well. so just drop the negative holyier than thou routine. so there is no smoke! guess you struck out again, in trying to start trouble

JustDawn
01-18-2005, 10:18 PM
Carreraboat,Seems that I recall you used to go around New Mexico,telling people that you were a Whipple dealer,even though you never were.
What was that all about? :confused:

al cole'holic
01-18-2005, 10:37 PM
Carreraboat,Seems that I recall you used to go around New Mexico,telling people that you were a Whipple dealer,even though you never were.
What was that all about? :confused:
...this may call for kettle corn!

Kilrtoy
01-18-2005, 11:10 PM
I got mine on the burner, this should be good

Charley
01-19-2005, 12:44 AM
:D How anticlimactic! :sleeping:

nmboats
01-19-2005, 04:30 AM
Bad
http://liberatorfl.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/tommys30ftfrontside.jpg

nmboats
01-19-2005, 04:31 AM
http://liberatorfl.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/tommys30fttopdeck.jpg

carreraboat
01-19-2005, 07:31 AM
no i never claimed to be a whipple dealer that is bob g. i just put them on what would it matter you can buy whipples everywhere why would one need to be a dealer?

carreraboat
01-19-2005, 07:32 AM
sorry got carried away there maybe caught up in the drama it,s winter and i want to be at the lake
so if anyone else is wondering what would be in the cat
the build list is as follows
gafrig gauges and controls
imco steering and exhaust
carbed, rpm air gap intake
clay smith roller cam, oil pump, fuel pump
stock bravo drives with tie bar
this is readers digest version
if you have any other questions please pm me i can go into greater detail
if upgraded drives are requested we pretty much stay with max machine works we have found there stuff to be bullet proof

carreracat257
01-19-2005, 11:52 AM
Bob Gilland of sf nm is the whipple dealer , if who were at the butte poker run you would have met him. Bob is a close friend of BO why would he say he is the dealer. GET the facts before you make a post