PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to loan a hand moving this?

wsuwrhr
01-10-2005, 04:21 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/63boulder.jpg
Damn that is a big boulder. 25 feet high.
I saw this and thought I should post it. Somewhere in Malibu.
Brian

jdogginla
01-10-2005, 04:26 PM
gotta be photo shop :confused:

wsuwrhr
01-10-2005, 04:30 PM
gotta be photo shop :confused:
Might be, but it came off a news channel on yahoo.
Not saying it's true I guess, but I didn't photochop it.
I will look up the link and post the story.
Brian

wsuwrhr
01-10-2005, 04:35 PM
A boulder some 25 feet high blocks both lanes of the Topanga Caynon Road, Monday, Jan. 10, 2005, as electrical contractors fix broken power and communication lines in Malibu, Calif. No injures where reported, but the road remains closed. The storm system was blamed for at least nine deaths during the weekend in Southern California, including a man killed when his vehicle plunged into the surf off Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu, and a homeless man killed when the hillside where his tent was pitched gave way.
I can't make it a direct link, it seems to be part of a series of photos. Here is the whole story, if you go through the photos, I think it is 5th or so.
clickety click (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/western_storm)
When you get there click on the lower picture.
Brian

Phat Matt
01-10-2005, 04:38 PM
Here's the story. It IS true.
Nevermind, you found it.

AZKC
01-10-2005, 04:39 PM
Holy bejezus. "Get the drill machine and dynamite Sammy"

wsuwrhr
01-10-2005, 04:43 PM
Here's the story. It IS true.
Nevermind, you found it.
Thanks anyways, I just had to go back and find it. I couldn't believe it.
I was wondering how something like that gets moved? Bring in a serious loader, or just get to chippin it? Laughs.
Brian

78Eliminator
01-10-2005, 05:31 PM
Thanks anyways, I just had to go back and find it. I couldn't believe it.
I was wondering how something like that gets moved? Bring in a serious loader, or just get to chippin it? Laughs.
Brian
They gotta break it, there is no way!!!!! Just imagine if someone was driving by when the thing fell!!! :frown:

Scream
01-10-2005, 06:01 PM
Now that there is a ROCK...son of a... That's gonna leave a mark. They could dynamite it but it's probably above some homes owned by some Hollywood delitante (dem of course).

LUVNLIFE
01-10-2005, 06:07 PM
:idea: In this age of chemicals they have some cool stuff that they drill a hole then pour this combo of chems in. The chems expand and break the concrete or rock. Prob pretty expensive seeing as thats one big ass rock :eek:

Froggystyle
01-10-2005, 06:15 PM
:idea: In this age of chemicals they have some cool stuff that they drill a hole then pour this combo of chems in. The chems expand and break the concrete or rock. Prob pretty expensive seeing as thats one big ass rock :eek:
I could make that rock into a bunch of little ones, with nothing further than 100 feet away. Guaranteed.
Demo baby. The good stuff. Probably use some det sheet and shaped charges. 15 pound shape charge first thing to bore a hole straight down the middle of it about 3" around. Then, a far smaller charge of about 2.25 pounds of a standard C-4 charge, tamped with a water filler in the hole. That would blow it immediately, and it would all just kind of fall apart. Anything bigger than a VW left you could wrap in det sheet and initiate into itself/ground and you wouldn't have anything bigger than chicklets left.
I love demo...

Ziggy
01-10-2005, 06:21 PM
They gotta break it, there is no way!!!!! Just imagine if someone was driving by when the thing fell!!! :frown:
They moved a boulder like that In Escondido to Poway or somewhere like that. It was supposed to be moved in the middle of the night. I think it was going to be carved and chisled into a marker for a Biz or a school. :hammer2:

Mandelon
01-10-2005, 06:33 PM
Experienced blast guys could bust it up with barely a puff of dust. :D Drill it, pack it and........click...

shueman
01-10-2005, 06:34 PM
Let me get my bag of "steelies"..... :D

jdogginla
01-10-2005, 06:35 PM
I can't make it a direct link, it seems to be part of a series of photos. Here is the whole story, if you go through the photos, I think it is 5th or so.
clickety click (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/western_storm)
When you get there click on the lower picture.
Brian
Wow........all 49 slides are pretty amazing pics.

Jrocket
01-10-2005, 06:41 PM
Its HUGE L.A. huuuuuuuge!
God I hate that commercial!

bchbum
01-11-2005, 05:22 PM
I think our new puppy could tear it up ,She eats everything .

LUVNLIFE
01-11-2005, 05:52 PM
Must be a lab uh :D

Hal
01-11-2005, 05:56 PM
They are getting ready to blow it up.

JetBoatRich
01-11-2005, 06:08 PM
I know our PUP would give it a go :hammer2:
:eat:

Rev. Williams
01-12-2005, 10:16 AM
They are getting ready to blow it up.
They blew it up. But it only split into about a couple big chunks. Now it's a bigger mess.
Here's the story:
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/news/011105_nw_boulder_blast.html
[IMG]http://a.abclocal.go.com/images/kabc/kabc_011105_boulder.jpg[IMG/]

Desert Rat
01-12-2005, 10:20 AM
Ah just back up a boat with thru hull exhaust to it and give a good rev (not you Jerry) because I hear the impossible becomes possible with thru hull exhaust. :D :D

a catered life
01-13-2005, 08:09 AM
Drill it, pack it and........click...
that sounds nasty!!!!1 :D all the drilling and packing talk :rollside: