PDA

View Full Version : Who does the best loans??

Essex29
01-10-2005, 04:28 PM
Any recommendations for a boat loan...low rates...good service....for someone with good credit?

al cole'holic
01-10-2005, 04:32 PM
..my uncle Vito :D

RiverDave
01-10-2005, 04:38 PM
You know I have no experience with this..
But there's a guy on here named StarLoans? and I think there's another guy registered as boatloans (if memory is right?)
RD

RiverDave
01-10-2005, 04:40 PM
Here's some info
Hello Everyone....
I Just Wanted To Thank You All For So Much For The Kind Words And Tons Of Referrals!!
If Any Of You Need A Boat Loan....we Have Great Loan Programs Available. (new-used-refinance)
We Offer Low Rates, Extended Terms And Stated Income Programs.
If I Can Answer Any Questions, Or Be Of Any Assistance...please Call Me Toll Free At 866-377-3948, Ext. 7204.
Again, Thank You So Much....i Really Appreciate It.
Regards, Melissa Blate-kidd
Essex Credit Corporation~newport Beach, Ca
Their member name on here is Loan4Boat, but I'm not sure that they ever posted again after that?
RD

RiverDave
01-10-2005, 04:43 PM
BajaMike likes this guy
I have been happy with Key Bank, they do financing and re-financing of boats at good interest rates.
You can call them at 800-539-0102.
However In2Deep had this to say
DO NOT -- I REPEAT -- DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH KEYBANK.
Very long story made short;
Had a loan financed with them for 9 years. Perfect payment history.
Sold my boat in November. Mid November I called Keybank and asked for proper procedure to pay-off my loan and get title transferred to new owner.
1. Was given direction by them on an acceptable form of payoff payment. Personal check would be fine. Did that. Uncashed check returned "unacceptable form of payment".
2. Called and was told information I was provided was not correct -- and to send them different form of payment. Cashier's Check. Did that. Cashier's check returned "unacceptable form of payment"
3. Called again. Told that previous two customer service reps had provided me incorrect information. Send money order. Did that. That worked.
That process took almost 4 months (additional 3 months of boat payments made by me...and interest accrued as a result. Remember....all this AFTER I had sold the boat)
When I called to complain and ask for a credit back on the interest due to their neglegence -- was told to make a written request, and that it would be considered in "committee".
Did that. Request rejected.
During all of this -- was in process of building new boat, and already had pre-approved loan from Keybank all lined-up. Loan amount apx. 6x larger than previous loan.
Needless to say I cancelled the financing.
My dealer lined me up with Firstar.
Better deal.
dh
Member named BOAT LOAN GUY
Moe, I do boat loans PM or call 714-962-5554 ext22
Chris
RD

NorCalCat
01-10-2005, 04:46 PM
Try Dan Dorati at eBoat loans.
ddorati@aol.com
909-208-1527
Give your biz to a fellow Hot Boater! He was the sales guy at Force.

AirtimeLavey
01-10-2005, 04:53 PM
Any recommendations for a boat loan...low rates...good service....for someone with good credit?
Hey T.,
Before I said "f... it" and paid cash for our deal, here's some numbers I got;
-Essex Credit 949-515-5200
-Key Bank 800-539-0102 (I believe Essex may go through them, might want to call dirct first)
-Eboatloans.com 877-435-3633
-Bank of America don't have #, but call any branch and they'll forward you.
-A guy from the boards named Chris. I never talked to him. 714-962-5554, ext.22
Hope that helps. I think Key Bank quoted best deal, but I've heard some horror stories about them. Like I said, I felt like it was easier when I was buying my freak'in house then talking to some of these people. I have good credit, too, except for that little surprise my ex slid on there for me. :lightsabe
Good luck.

Jrocket
01-10-2005, 04:57 PM
Check your pm's.

SHOTKALLIN
01-10-2005, 04:59 PM
Key Bank.....lol This is why I love the boards. They sound worse than bank of the west.

BarryMac
01-10-2005, 05:00 PM
Essex Credit, talk too Mellisa Blade Kitt, she has awesome customer service and great rates to boot, plus she sounds like a hottie on the phone... :smile: :smile:

Essex29
01-10-2005, 05:13 PM
Check your pm's.
...nuthin there
thanks for all of the responses. I think I'll give Dan a call first....I like the idea of helping out a fellow ***boater.
thanks

phebus
01-10-2005, 05:18 PM
Essex Credit, talk too Mellisa Blade Kitt, she has awesome customer service and great rates to boot, plus she sounds like a hottie on the phone... :smile: :smile:
I second that. Melissa will treat you right.

Domn8er
01-10-2005, 05:24 PM
I went with Essex here. They did a good job. They will be at the L.A. boat show if you have any questions.

Roxysnow
01-10-2005, 05:39 PM
We went with Melissa at Essex. In and out with check in hand took 4-5 days! :D

Jrocket
01-10-2005, 06:04 PM
...nuthin there
thanks for all of the responses. I think I'll give Dan a call first....I like the idea of helping out a fellow ***boater.
thanks
I know Dan,great guy.Hint,hint.....LOL

tamalewagon
01-10-2005, 06:07 PM
Triple A has boat loans and insurance to boot!

INSman
01-10-2005, 07:21 PM
Definitley give Dano at Eboatloans a shot and try Beacon Credit.