PDA

View Full Version : Prado Equestrian Center

Boozer
01-10-2005, 09:17 PM
All the horses are being evacuated to Chino Fair Grounds and McCoys in Chino Hills. Apparently that entire basin is a flood basin for Prado damn parks & Recreation is saying that that entire area will most likely be flooded this time tomorrow they have even evacuated all the campers from Prado park.
If you or anyone you know has a horse there it will be moved and you will notified at some point of the location. They are trying to notify everyone but right now it is complete chaos down there. I just got home from helping the evacuation efforts and upon my exit there were approximately 20-30 trucks and trailers hauling horses out including Norco Animal Rescue.

MsDrmr
01-10-2005, 10:21 PM
there is a huge river basin there, I am very familiar with the area, I don't think in the 32yrs I have lived in the area this has ever been an issue, how is the 71 frwy going thorugh there on Euclid?

Boozer
01-11-2005, 12:21 AM
I would think that Euclid would be closed now but don't know that for sure
Euclid is closed the Santa Ana is flowing right over it.

Outnumbered
01-11-2005, 01:37 AM
I remember the El Nino in the early 90s and the Santa Ana flooding pretty good in that area and down along Green River. I would like to see it now. I think that old bridge where Archibald/River Rd crosses the Santa Ana had water going over the top of it then if I remember right.