PDA

View Full Version : Jeep Rock Crawler Info...

boxscore
01-10-2005, 11:49 PM
Anyone got info on value of an '82 Jeep Scrambler that's built to the hilt?
I'm lookin' for somebody that's got some experience in the area.

single barrel
01-10-2005, 11:57 PM
Anyone got info on value of an '82 Jeep Scrambler that's built to the hilt?
I'm lookin' for somebody that's got some experience in the area.
Has plenty of experience here. That thing worth no more than $2950. PM me with yo address.

boxscore
01-11-2005, 12:04 AM
Has plenty of experience here. That thing worth no more than $2950. PM me with yo address.
LOL... I finna put it on ebay here pretty soon. I was actually looking for a little guidance here. Asking boaters for advice might be the wrong move :hammerhea

single barrel
01-11-2005, 12:13 AM
post pics please

boxscore
01-11-2005, 12:28 AM
post pics please
I shall in the next couple days.
Detroits, 35's , onboard air, front/rear air chucks, custom SOA, wagoneer axles (44 front, 20 1 piece rear) custom cage, custom plates, Dana 300 w/ 4:1 kit , rhino liner, mopar injection, ramsey winch, curry bumper/tire carrier, bullte proof engineering front bumper, custom roof rack, custom safari top, Chevy 7R4 auto, wrangler doors, stereo/amps, auto meter gauges, beautiful paint,... I could go on and on...
I've got way too much money into it these past few years. Probably drove it 200 miles the last year. Time for it to go.

djunkie
01-11-2005, 03:27 AM
Alright I'll offer $2k. J/K :hammerhea Actually I don't know what its worth but it definately sounds nice.

Sleek-Jet
01-11-2005, 05:35 AM
I've found that building Jeeps is like building a boat.... you can put $20,000 to $30,000 into a vehicle that's worth $8,000... tops... but damn, they are fun... :D

PowellScooter
01-11-2005, 06:27 AM
Its worth whatever someone will pay for it :D

Sherpa
01-11-2005, 06:43 AM
not exactly what I would consider built to the hilt..................
sounds like it does have some good stuff though......
BTW, corp 20 rears SUCK..............
--Sherpa ........................ what do you want for it-?

Bella
01-11-2005, 06:56 AM
Couldn't agree more! Sounds like some nice stuff, but definitely not built to the hilt! I think if it shows nice it might bring 8-10K on its best day. Probably a 5-6K deal through. That way someone can turn around and built it right. Just my .02 from years of doing it.

Sportin' Wood
01-11-2005, 06:56 AM
258 I'm guessing or did you swap a V8?
Smog legal with current paperwork?
Wrong time of year to sell. You should wait till March april May.
take it down to the TDS safari in Truckhaven hills the first weekend in March.
that is where I would start.
$15,000 is not out of the question for a CJ8 if it is clean and has paperwork.( with your mods)
Cut it in half if the paperwork is messed up or it won't smog.
I see them an the $10,000 range often.
Before people say I'm on dope, Thats a 20 year old jeep. This is a limited model Scrambler not just a Jeep. 3 years only I think?
BTW I would not call it a Rockcrawler. 35's on a scrambler makes it a trail Jeep. IMO Rockcrawlers are beat up wrecks that fall apart from being abused, not good for selling it.
Bottom line as stated above what ever someone is willing to pay.

Sleek-Jet
01-11-2005, 07:15 AM
I passed on a clean CJ6 once (The forerunner of the CJ8) for 1800... kick myself all the time for that...
To back up Sportin' Wood, the Scamblers are very desirable off-road because of the increased wheel base. If it's been bobbed (the overhang of the bed and frame shortened up to the rear shackles) that's even better... to some, other's like them unmolested. They also ride a bit better on road because of the wheelbase... but it's still a CJ...
Put some feelers out and see what kind of response you get, start running ads at the end of February, first part of March... People will be looking for rigs to go to Moab in the spring...

boxscore
01-11-2005, 07:16 AM
258 I'm guessing or did you swap a V8?
Smog legal with current paperwork?
$15,000 is not out of the question for a CJ8 if it is clean and has paperwork.( with your mods)
Cut it in half if the paperwork is messed up or it won't smog.
I see them an the $10,000 range often.
Before people say I'm on dope, Thats a 20 year old jeep. This is a limited model Scrambler not just a Jeep. 3 years only I think?
I've seen pure junk scramblers (minus rust) go for $10,000. They're becoming harder and harder to find. Smog legal, 258.
You guys are freakin out about the "rockcrawler label"... lol, OK, a "trail rig".
But before it's not called a crawler, you oughta see the suspension work.
Lemme get some pics up.

boxscore
01-11-2005, 07:20 AM
I passed on a clean CJ6 once (The forerunner of the CJ8) for 1800... kick myself all the time for that...
LOL ... you should kick yourself hard for missing out on the 6.
Who's to know though. I've got 35K into mine over the past 6 years. In no way am I expecting to get more than a fraction back out of it.

jeepinscott
01-11-2005, 07:32 AM
This one sold for $13k and was as clean as any trail jeep that I have ever seen. sold jeep (http://www.jeepaholics.com/support/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=35363&SearchTerms=)
Sherpa, a waggy amc 20 is stronger than a dana 44 and will be fine for 35" tires.........but that's a whole different issue for a whole different board.
What others have said is correct, you can never get out of them what you put in, that's why I keep mine as ugly as possible. My junk is never a viable option to sell because it would cost so much to replace it.

boxscore
01-11-2005, 07:41 AM
Sherpa, a waggy amc 20 is stronger than a dana 44 and will be fine for 35" tires.........but that's a whole different issue for a whole different board.
Correct about that 20 wagoneer axle. You're right.. another board :)

Sportin' Wood
01-11-2005, 07:45 AM
Scramblers are kinda tough because as Sleek Jet posted great trail jeeps. But finding junk Scramblers for $10,000. :cool: They can be had for less.
Now that you can get a bobbed tub or full length tuB fron JP Bodies as well as AFW frames in both sizes with upgraded suspension. Findin a buyer for a high dollar scrambler may be a harder sell. I have a freind across town here who has at least 6 scramblers in different stages of constuction.
I took a good look at buying what I considered a fairly built unit consiting of a bobbed JP tub AFW frame 5.9 inj. motor 60 rear 44 front atlas ARBs bla bla bla and he wanted $15,000. He also owns The JP ultimate adventure scrambler and its a $35,000 built to the hilt Scrambler.
Educated Buyers wil look at the car and find what ever they can to cut it down. I'E. the AMC20 rear end Its a turd any way you shine it.
you're challenge is finding a buyer who wants a real clean trail rig scrambler.
For that you may have to wait, but they are out there. I was in the market for a scrambler, untill I stared building a new RockBuggy, Less body panels to screw up

Mrs. Restless22
01-11-2005, 10:50 AM
Hubby has been in the rockcrawling scene heavy for a very very long time. We have seen alot of jeeps and alot of different setups over the years.
This scrambler is set up pretty good, but aside of that any stock scrambler in good shape goes for $10k easy! With a set up like yours....Hes thinking $15k.
Check out www.pirate4x4.com do a search for scramblers and you'll see for yourself what its worth and the demand for them.
BTW....we will buy if for $8k :p :p
Post some pics when you can!

Mardonzi
01-11-2005, 11:26 AM
forget selling it,, drag it up to our neck of the woods and play with it,,, No Sierra Club on the rez, and 4 hours from Moab and Farmington N.M.,,,