PDA

View Full Version : how do i compleate my nitrous?

jimmmyb
08-18-2001, 07:50 PM
i have a 76 hydro with a 460 ford with tunnel ram,
i got a bottle with the boat & gas line to the carbs,
have toggle switch on dash board
with switch on gas peddle, but no solenoid's
are the solenoid's the only thing i have to buy to run the the nitrous?
thanks all for your help
jimmyb

flat broke
08-18-2001, 10:13 PM
I've never squeezed a mill in my life so take this with a grain of salt. Sounds like you would need the Nitrous solenoids at the very least. From the fact finding that I have done, I would probably also invest in a retard switch, and a supplemental fuel pump and solenoid to prevent a lean out condition. I'm sure there is more than one way to engineer a system, but I would at least go with the timing retard feature to assist in eliminating the posibility of detonation. Good luck and take it slow with the blue bottle.
Chris

Heatseeker
08-19-2001, 02:35 AM
I have a NOS system on my 454. I called NOS and they told me that the Holley blue pump(110 gph) and it's accompaning regulator set at 14 psi is sufficient protection from lean out. They recomend a fuel pressure gauge that can be seen while the squeeze is on. If your pressure drops below 14 psi,immediately cut the squeeze.Do you have the spray bar plates? If not you'll also need them. Another good idea is a safety switch cover(a red cover that flips down over the switch in the off posistion)for your dash switch. It will keep the switch in the off posistion, to avoid unexpected surprises. My set up uses jets in the plate to adjust the HP increase. I try to keep it on the conservative side(150 Hp) to avoid the expensive sound associated with 'over gassing'. I've had no problems in three years of using the NOS, although I don't use it a too often.

triple x tx
08-21-2001, 06:33 PM
i would not recomend puttin on the squeeze unless you know for a fact whats in the motor, i.e. forged pistons,steel crank,h.d. rods etc.etc. nitrous is cool but it can tear a motor apart if its not built right...good luck