PDA

View Full Version : Exact to the "T" rules on a legal Superstock Motor

Jetboatguru
01-11-2005, 09:35 AM
Can somebody give me the skinny on these?

WaterBox
01-11-2005, 09:50 AM
Can somebody give me the skinny on these?
And don't forget WEIGHT'S and BOTTOM rules too. J.H. Revenge Boats can give you all that..

Carnivalride
01-11-2005, 10:27 AM
Can somebody give me the skinny on these? :idea: :idea: :idea:
Don't tell me the SS boys got you concerned about this challenge. :eek: :eek: :eek: After all your in a K-boat (blown alcohol). :D :D :D

Jetboatguru
01-11-2005, 10:29 AM
Not concerned about that. They have backed way off of that deal and want to go K racing!! I am considering dropping down to SuperStock.

Jordy
01-11-2005, 11:29 AM
Super Stock Class
1. Minimum hull length shall be 16 feet long, beam 72 inches wide.
2. Power shall be supplied by a U.S. built passenger car engine, which has been
installed in quantities of not less than 5,000 units in passenger cars available through nor-
mal dealer channels Displacement is listed below. Standard bore size may be increased
as noted below.
3. The engines currently approved for use in the Super Stock class are:
Chevrolet - 327, 350, 400, 406, 427 cu. in. displ. motors
Ford - 352, 390, 427, 428, 351
Chrysler - 404, 426 Wedge & Hemi, 392 Hemi, 413 Wedge
Buick - 425
Pontiac - 400,421
Oldsmobile - 425
(a) Any other motor or replacement part must be approved by the Super Stock:
Tech Committee before it is used.
(b) All parts used shall be stock as furnished by the motor manufacturer except
as noted: exhaust manifolds, flywheel, oil pan, Camshaft, valve covers,
timing chain, air scoop velocity stack, spark plugs, coils, condenser, cam
bearing, rod bearings, main bearings, oil filter, gaskets, harmonic balancer
and starter. All stock replacement parts that you use must conform to the
engine manufacturer's original equipment specifications, and be listed in a
parts manual for that engine; however, parts for different years or models
may be mixed regardless of model year, provided they are available
through normal dealer channels. (See details below for specifications).
(c) There shall be no modifications allowed on Super Stock engines other than
those detailed below.
1) The following automobile parts may be removed: exhaust manifolds,
water pump, thermostat, vacuum spark controls, chock shutters and
shafts, bell housing, generators or alternator, and supporting items
such as braces, controls and gaskets for same.
(d) Fuel is restricted to gasoline as per Inboard rules.
(e) Engines must be mounted rear of amidships and drive forward through a
V-drive.
(f) The driveline or shaft must be covered with either 1/8" of steel or 1/4" of
aluminum.
4. Driving cockpit must seat one person (minimum) and the seat(s) must be for-
ward of the engine.
5. Adjustable cavitation plates are allowed, with stops to limit the up and down
movement. These plates shall be at the rear of the boat.
6. Balancing of rotating and reciprocating parts is permitted.
7. Any exhaust pipes or headers may be used, provided that there is no change in
the place or method of attaching of the cylinder head.
8. The oil pan and oil pump maybe modified in any way provided it remains a wet
sump system with the pump in the pan. Oil coolers are permitted.
9. Timing Chain and Gear: Any chain or timing gear, no gear drive other than stock
OEM.
10. Distributor: Any battery powered ignition system may be used. Transistorized or
capacitor discharge may be used if factory (OEM) supplied by manufacturer. G.M. off
road ignition PN 10037378/14044871 is not legal nor approved.
11. Gaskets: Any gaskets.
12. Camshafts: Any non-roller type camshaft. Any follower except roller type may be
used, but cam face diameter must be of stock dimension. No mushroom lifters allowed.
13. Rocker Arms: Any stock rocker, or roller rockers are permitted, however you
cannot weld splash brackets directly to the rocker arms, but you may add them to the
inside of the valve cover. Plugs may be used to restrict the flow of oil to the rocker arms.
14. Adjusting Nut: Any adjusting lock or posilock. Stud Girdles not permitted.
15. Oil Pump: Any stock oil pump, these can be modified, but must remain in the pan.
16. Pistons: Must be stock pistons, GM #3959105 or #3888342, TRW #L2308AF or
#L2239NF, Speed Pro #7041PA or 701 IP. They cannot be reversed. Flycutting permitted
only for valve relief and decking only. Machined surfaces may be deburred.
-OR-
Pistons: JE #158830 (.030) or JR #162840 (.060) with the APBA logo embossed on piston
may be used. They cannot be reversed. No modifications may be made to the piston except for bal-
ancing and one piston must remain untouched. Only the JE supplied wrist pin #990-2930-15-515 may be used. No modifications to the wrist pin are allowed.
17. Heads: Any stock head that meets specs and bolts on without modification to the
head or block. No modification to the valve seats are allowed. Head studs are permitted.
The heads may be machined for PC seals and valve springs. No internal porting or pol-
ishing permitted. Off-Road head PN-14044861,862 casting no. 14044861 and PN-
10051128,129 casting no. 10051128,129 are not legal or approved. When repairing dam-
aged cylinder heads, no more than two chambers per head may be repaired and must meet
original stock specifications. The repair cannot continue any further than 1/2 inch into the
port above the seat.
18. Windage Tray: Any windage tray may be used, or a wiper.
19. Crankshaft: Any stock crankshaft produced for that block. It may be cross drilled
and have the journals chromed or tuff rided. Lunati part #BI421IN with 3.760 stroke is allowed.
20. Carburetor: Any American made carburetor having no more than 4 Venturis. The
carburetor throttle plate or restrictor disk shall have holes no larger than 1-11/16" in diam-
eter. A wedge or adapter shall be permitted, but not both. Maximum thickness at the thin
edge shall not exceed 1-1/2". Adapter shall be permitted for the purpose of matching
manifolds and of different bolt patterns, however any such adapter or wedge may not be
considered the restrictor.
21. Manifolds: Any intake manifold produced by the maker of your engine. No
internal porting or polishing is permitted. These manifolds may be repaired or updated to
match cutaway carburetor opening or later model manifolds. The maximum size of the
opening on the manifold across is 2" approximate. The depth of the carburetor opening
on the manifold is approximately 2-1/8". Both of these measurements may vary by 1/4".
For exact drawing of the proper manifold, write the chairman of the Tech Committee.
22. Valves: Must be any stock, TRW or Speed Pro or Manley Severe Duty valve that fits
the stock dimensions. (See dimensions below.) Any valve spring, valve spring retainer, push
rod, and valve spring spacer washer may be used regardless of the manufacturer.
23. Blocks: 2 bolt main blocks may be drilled to accommodate 4 bolt mains.
4 bolt main caps are allowed only using stock manufacturers' caps.
24. Rods: Any stock OEM or steel after market rod may be used. It maybe ground,
polished, bushed and shot peened. You may add oil holes in the small end of the con-
necting rod. GM rod length = 6.135 +/- .010.
Chevy 427 Ford 427 Chrysler
25. Bore 4.318 max. 4.298 max. 4.318 max.
26. Stroke 3.766 max. 3.780 max. 3.750 max.
27. Deck Height (average above deck maximum):
0 to .005 .012 max. High top
.900 max.
Standard
.767 max.
28. Combustion Chamber Volume (use alcohol as measuring fluid):
(a) Chevrolet closed chamber minimum volume —107.09
Open chamber minimum volume —116.80
(b) Ford low riser — 78.8 min.
medium riser — 80.0
high riser — 73.2 min.
tunnel port — 80.0 min.
(c) Chrysler combustion chamber minimum volume —167.7
29. Valves: basic 3-angle valve job permitted.
(a) Chevrolet - closed chamber heads (early model): Intake valve -2.310 max-
imum: Exhaust valve - 1.850 maximum. Open chamber and late model
closed chamber - Intake valve - 2.200 max.; exhaust valve - 1.890 maxi-
mum.
(b) Ford - closed chamber tunnel port heads - intake valve - 2.255 maximum;
exhaust valves - 1.738 maximum. Other Ford heads - 2.200 maximum;
exhaust valves - 1.738 maximum.
(c) Chrysler - intake valve - 2.255; exhaust valve - 1.942 maximum.
30. In the interest of safety, it is mandatory that a prop shaft release (i.e., Whirlaway)
is utilized when entering circle racing and kilo competition.
Here are the rest of them, down to hull configuration and anything else you might want to, or not want to know:
http://www.superstockracing.com/apba%20rules/00_inboard_division_rules_sec_C.htm#2.%20Power

LeE ss13
01-11-2005, 01:38 PM
Don't forget Dart Cylinder Head #1910070 is now legal. We recently voted on new valve train componets. I'm not sure how that shook out. No more severely decked blocks with the JE pistons. Stud girdles are OK. If you run a reinforced cockpit, then you can use a Dart single plane intake. There are a few more I think.

78Eliminator
01-11-2005, 01:42 PM
Tony, you asking for a piece of the T???????
http://members.lycos.co.uk/nobbins99/hpbimg/ba4.jpg

lucky
01-11-2005, 01:50 PM
wow - alot to play with lol
i especially like the part about balancing - and one must remain untouched ? did i read that right ? :confused:

Itsahobby
01-11-2005, 02:03 PM
I have a question, who checks the motors? and,when?
Just curious on how the rule is enforced.
Hobby

Sleek-Jet
01-11-2005, 02:07 PM
i especially like the part about balancing - and one must remain untouched ? did i read that right ? :confused:
Where was that at?? All I could find was:
6. Balancing of rotating and reciprocating parts is permitted.
???

lucky
01-11-2005, 02:31 PM
Where was that at?? All I could find was:
???
Pistons: JE #158830 (.030) or JR #162840 (.060) with the APBA logo embossed on piston
may be used. They cannot be reversed. No modifications may be made to the piston except for bal-
ancing and one piston must remain untouched. Only the JE supplied wrist pin #990-2930-15-515 may be used. No modifications to the wrist pin are allowed
16 - aint that the shiat guess ya find the best one and go to town .

sgdiv7
01-11-2005, 03:01 PM
If your gona do that you need to buy one of those high dollar ss motors from them to be able to keep up with them. Then take it apart and tell the rest of us what they did so we can level the playing field.
Not concerned about that. They have backed way off of that deal and want to go K racing!! I am considering dropping down to SuperStock.

coolchange
01-11-2005, 03:07 PM
That translates to; No lightened Pistons

Jordy
01-11-2005, 03:08 PM
16 - aint that the shiat guess ya find the best one and go to town .
That is how I've always done my SRP's. Find the lightest one in the batch and match the rest to it. ;)

MAXIMUS
01-11-2005, 04:06 PM
Hobby
And wouldn't that be the "million" dollar question??? I too would like to know when, who, & what is checked! When is the last time somebody or all have had to go through a legal inspection?
Guru I was told by a good friend of mine that if you would like some help with the "SS" rules or set up stuff, you should contact the god father of "legal" SS motors as well as one of the finest pilots ever, Mr Paul Grichar... His # is 626-962-5877. He said that he would be glad to offer his assistance with the technical stuff & share with you some inside info... ;)
Your amigo... senor maxi :coffeycup :notam:

circleboatKIDD
01-11-2005, 05:03 PM
Stick with the Kboat cheif it takes some cash to go fast in the SS class and to be at the top like we all know u love to be :D.

dossangers
01-11-2005, 05:14 PM
Double your fun TONY do both!!! :hammer2: :hammer2:

Jetboatguru
01-11-2005, 06:02 PM
Super Stock looks like fun. I think it is more of a drivers race since all the boats are so evenly matched........

uclahater
01-11-2005, 06:55 PM
Stick with the Kboat cheif it takes some cash to go fast in the SS class and to be at the top like we all know u love to be :D.
Kidd, are you Tonys CPA? If you have the right contacts than it takes alot less money than if you dont. Plus for all you know Tony could have won Millions in the lottery.
Your mouth has been runnin full speed since this thing started :boxingguy So how about I lay 1k on Tony to your 1k on Ty. Time to match that mouth with your pocket book :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
Jim

sneed
01-11-2005, 07:56 PM
Years ago it may have been a step down ,today its a step up.

Itsahobby
01-11-2005, 08:25 PM
I knew someone who owned a sprint car, the only way they got checked is if someone protested and put up $350. If the motor came up big, they got their money back. If not, the car owner got the cash. Not to many people protested. I'll let you in on a "well know" secret, my friends car got check and they were way over the CI limit, guess what? It passed :notam:
Most of these guys get their motors built at the same shop. Funny thing is, if you didn't you couldn't compete. LOL.
What driver had the Motto "If you aren't cheat'n your not trying hard enough"?
I don't know the answer, but a lot of the guys lived by it :D
And wouldn't that be the "million" dollar question??? I too would like to know when, who, & what is checked! When is the last time somebody or all have had to go through a legal inspection?
Guru I was told by a good friend of mine that if you would like some help with the "SS" rules or set up stuff, you should contact the god father of "legal" SS motors as well as one of the finest pilots ever, Mr Paul Grichar... His # is 626-962-5877. He said that he would be glad to offer his assistance with the technical stuff & share with you some inside info... ;)
Your amigo... senor maxi :coffeycup :notam:

GofastRacer
01-11-2005, 08:41 PM
"If you aren't cheat'n your not trying hard enough"?
I don't know the answer, but a lot of the guys lived by it :D
Back in the day when we ran cars it was called "Cheaters and Losers"!.. :D

circleboatKIDD
01-11-2005, 08:46 PM
Uclahater thats right ive been runnin my mouth dont let me rough your feathers big guy. Well hopefulley the less money motor came come through intill then Pfaff and Gilbert high dollar motors will be runnning the show :p see u in Phx. :D

V-DRIVES RULE
01-11-2005, 09:49 PM
QUESTION: if the rules dont give much latitude on exotic parts then wheres the cost? no titanium,roller cams,compression,intakes,valves? if everything is kinda off the shelf then wheres the cost? i mean take a cup qualifying engine now i see the money because they have alot more latitude it comes down to r&d but how much can you do to a 454 non exotic chevy with limits? are there secrets the rules hav'nt thought of? I know a cyl. head guy that had 20 sets of alum. heads flowing trying to find the best 2 but really can 1 hp make a diff. on water? maybe its having gordy or gilbert on the race circut taking care of the engines making sure everything is perfect? :D :D

Moneypitt
01-11-2005, 10:17 PM
VDR, they are working with the 427, (which is basicly a short stroke 454), and I must agree that Gilbert,(Huey) and Pfaff, (Gordy) do patrol the race circuit as part of the customer service to maintain the edge. However, I continue to ask the same question, how? There is only so much you could do within the guidelines established by the rules. These builders have fine tuned the boundries of the rules and apparently found loopholes and performance secrets. But at a cost. You mentioned cup cars R&D budgets, I'll bet they're not far ahead of Pfaff in this area. The dyno time alone would prevent most of us from anything close to the same R&D. As someone here ask, do they tear them down.....Not in the way we used to in the early days of drag racing. To simply attempt to check Cu In, does not IMO resemble an actual teardown. The only thing I can figure is that for every dollar spent on engine R&D, they spend an equal amount on hull R&D. Hell, maybe they found a "just right" destroked crankshaft that makes up for cubes with RPM, coupled with a very hydrodynamic hull, 12.5% less prop shaft in the water, roller springs on billet, super hard, flat tappet cams, (mud flowed manifolds and heads, Shhhh)......Any other ideas on how they run so hard within the rules???.........MP
PS Duff Daley isn't retired..........

circleboatKIDD
01-11-2005, 10:52 PM
VDR, ive try to race wasnt that good at it so i stopped, but you never know i might try it again to settle some things. Ill have to leave your questions up to Gordy and Mr. Gilbert to answer on how there at the top with limited rules

V-DRIVE VIDEO
01-11-2005, 11:33 PM
VDR, they are working with the 427, (which is basicly a short stroke 454), and I must agree that Gilbert,(Huey) and Pfaff, (Gordy) do patrol the race circuit as part of the customer service to maintain the edge. However, I continue to ask the same question, how? There is only so much you could do within the guidelines established by the rules. These builders have fine tuned the boundries of the rules and apparently found loopholes and performance secrets. But at a cost. You mentioned cup cars R&D budgets, I'll bet they're not far ahead of Pfaff in this area. The dyno time alone would prevent most of us from anything close to the same R&D. As someone here ask, do they tear them down.....Not in the way we used to in the early days of drag racing. To simply attempt to check Cu In, does not IMO resemble an actual teardown. The only thing I can figure is that for every dollar spent on engine R&D, they spend an equal amount on hull R&D. Hell, maybe they found a "just right" destroked crankshaft that makes up for cubes with RPM, coupled with a very hydrodynamic hull, 12.5% less prop shaft in the water, roller springs on billet, super hard, flat tappet cams, (mud flowed manifolds and heads, Shhhh)......Any other ideas on how they run so hard within the rules???.........MP
PS Duff Daley isn't retired..........
I think you guys are pissin in the wind...destroked crankshafts in todays superstocks? not a chance! When inspections are done I don't think they send you a memo. Keep guessin on where the hp comes from 'cause I promise you, (Bud) Gilbert and Gordy (Pfaff) aren't in the business of letting their secrets out. Hydrodynamic hulls? Ray, at the next race, show me what your suspicions are on any of the boats you suspect. I'm just curious (and scheptical).
Did anyone ever consider the fact that (for example) the 70 team has been racing for 34 years straight. On race day, these guys are first to the track and many times last to leave. I've seen the meticulous amount of detail given to every single part of their boats, the log books that are kept, the constant refining of every aspect of the operation. Top notch engine building and a legacy of drivers passing on info inside the family. The Bergerons are also a superstock training camp with deep routed history and top level ability.
Unless you nonbelievers can prove your "vague" allegations, I personally won't give credibility to any of it.
Feel free to call anytime if you want to discuss this (951) 741-1346
(I'm sure Grich will be e-mailing me on this one :smile: )
The camera dude :cool:

Jetboatguru
01-12-2005, 12:16 AM
I agree Jerry. In Ski flat at NJBA we were protested and torn down P and G'd at almost every race because we were running numbers that were ahead of the rest of the field. 457ci chevy motor, 750 dominators, cast manifold, etc etc. The bottom line the motor made 1052hp on the dyno. Joey Grose the engine builder lives on the dyno. He has one at his shop and spends more time on that dyno than he spent at home. The Faulkner group has done their homework for years and it shows. Hats off!

MAXIMUS
01-12-2005, 07:35 AM
Would be kinda of interesting to do a cubic inch test at the next SS meet to see how many are running "427"s. Since the Jennings/Faulkner/Newton familia is posting these days maybe they could respond to this friendly little post of mine! :idea: I think that rather than pointing fingers or getting upset at alligations, it could all be resolved with a simple inspection...Of course by a nuetral inspector! ;)

Jordy
01-12-2005, 07:56 AM
It's sad and yet funny at the same time, that anytime someone has the dedication to train/practice/build/maintain a winning team year after year, that the ones who can't compete at that level immediately cry foul rather than making an effort to better themselve and the program/setup that they are running. :confused:

V-DRIVES RULE
01-12-2005, 08:33 AM
I respect any team that works hard and shows the championships but i think its the whole package boat and engine and driver! I like the idea inverting the field like sprint cars thats exciting! HATS off to the guys that make the engines HAUL ASS!! gordy can drive what he builds NUF SAID!!

Itsahobby
01-12-2005, 09:11 AM
I am still curious to how the inspections are done and when.
Does someone have to protest?
Does the engine get tore down?
Is everyone liable? Or, just the event winners?
What do the inspectors use to check them?
Really not trying to start something here, just would like to know.
Hobby
Hobby

the real k-boat king
01-12-2005, 12:07 PM
the ss engines are p&ged at almost every race. we have our own inspectors that check the top three boats and before the weekend starts we pick numbers out of a hat to see which other boat gets inspected. we take carbs off and measure the throttle bores plus we take a valve cover off to make sure they have a flat tappet cam. as far as a full tear down most of you never see any because you don't travel up north to washington or go back east like the faulkners and rankins and jennings to get full tear downs. and most of you never stay around till 10 at night when the inspections are going on. every time lance set a kilo record pat hoban made him take a piston out of the engine for inspection. so if any body wants to protest go ahead because we have been torn down more than any body in boat racing, and every time we are legal. as far as grich goes he got thrown out in the 80's for cheating in miami florida in ss class. when you come to the races see who is the first ones there the first ones to test and the last to leave, we are very dedicated to winning but it takes a lot of work and a lot of notes, most aren't willing to do so, so quit your winning and go to work if you want to run up front.

kipperps28
01-12-2005, 07:34 PM
, so quit your winning and go to work if you want to run up front.
I'd like to keep winning if its all the same to everyone else. Oh, did you mean whining?

MAXIMUS
01-13-2005, 04:10 PM
we have our own inspectors .
Maxi--> :idea:
as far as grich goes he got thrown out in the 80's for cheating in miami florida in ss class. .
Would you care to retract that statement??? :idea:
Or should we continue down this enchanted path, & see what comes next! ;)

the real k-boat king
01-13-2005, 04:28 PM
maximus, I'am just stating the facts except for the year was 1972.
I't was in florida at miami marine stadium at the nationals then two months later in long beach marine stadium he got protested by gil suiter and found illegal again for ground and shot peened rods which at the time was illegal. sorry if i made you mad :D but just stating facts.

MAXIMUS
01-13-2005, 04:41 PM
Would you like to check yourself... If you wish to state the facts then do so... Mad??? never... just interested in your response :messedup: Try again one more time... Then lets get back to my original question! :D

the real k-boat king
01-13-2005, 05:25 PM
that's the facts if you know different let me know.

CircleJerk
01-13-2005, 11:33 PM
I wasnt there, but I hear from two sources who were. If this was the Gone Broke Lavey (number 2 from the mold) in 1972, the inspection team could NOT find anything illegal but Paul was disqualified because and I quote the head inspector,"Anything that runs that fast, has to be illegal"! The next two or three races where this L boat outperformed the class he was torn down each time. Can anyone tell me for certain why the boat failed tech at these two eastern races? Hi Maxi

MAXIMUS
01-14-2005, 04:46 PM
that's the facts if you know different let me know.
"Thats the facts"... So its safe to say that you were not there as you would probably still have been in diapers...
However you sounded really convincing... :supp:
Would this qualify as facts???
"as far as grich goes he got thrown out in the 80's for cheating in miami florida in ss class. "
In the 80's??? lmao... come on gordy. I gave you a nice chance to retract this & then the best you can do is say well it wasn't the 80's it was 1972. Then you don't even know enough of the facts to enlighten all the readers as to what took place? :notam: I am very disappointed. I think slandering somebody's name on a public form is not a good idea! Especially when your ass is 10 steps infront of your brain... & its mostly bull sh!t! You really should appologize to Grich as I don't believe he deserves this from somebody he used to mentor! Do you make it a habbit of bull sh!ting when its convienant or is this a first? :rolleyes: He will be waiting for you to appologize! :smile: See you at the races...

NitroMan
01-14-2005, 04:54 PM
"Thats the facts"... So its safe to say that you were not there as you would probably still have been in diapers...
However you sounded really convincing... :supp:
Would this qualify as facts???
"as far as grich goes he got thrown out in the 80's for cheating in miami florida in ss class. "
In the 80's??? lmao... come on gordy. I gave you a nice chance to retract this & then the best you can do is say well it wasn't the 80's it was 1972. Then you don't even know enough of the facts to enlighten all the readers as to what took place? :notam: I am very disappointed. I think slandering somebody's name on a public form is not a good idea! Especially when your ass is 10 steps infront of your brain... & its mostly bull sh!t! You really should appologize to Grich as I don't believe he deserves this from somebody he used to mentor! Do you make it a habbit of bull sh!ting when its convienant or is this a first? :rolleyes: He will be waiting for you to appologize! :smile: See you at the races...
Who the hell is this grich dude? Is that Paul Grichar?

MAXIMUS
01-14-2005, 04:55 PM
I wasnt there, but I hear from two sources who were. If this was the Gone Broke Lavey (number 2 from the mold) in 1972, the inspection team could NOT find anything illegal but Paul was disqualified because and I quote the head inspector,"Anything that runs that fast, has to be illegal"! The next two or three races where this L boat outperformed the class he was torn down each time. Can anyone tell me for certain why the boat failed tech at these two eastern races? Hi Maxi
Hello jerk! Very close to what happend with a few adjustments... The boat was inspected 3 times & late in the evening following the 3rd inspection the "Inboard VP" Bob Wannamaker came over & told the inspectors that it would be torn down a 4th time the following day & they "would" find something wrong with the boat because it was to fast to be legal! They finally found a aluminum bronze distributor gear (which was illegal) & then they found some grind marks on a few of the rods. The rods were in fact stock from chevy & when the boat came back to CA they had it immediatly inspected again & determined that it was using "legal" chevy rods! Shortly after the same scenario took place at long beach & the engine was again examined I believe in Paul Pfaffs shop. Again it was appealed with apba & they threw it out! Shortly after they changed the rules to avoid this ongoing problem from continuing! And for the record that boat was & still is by todays standards extremly quick! Im sure gordy was aware of all this, it probably slipped his mind! :notam:

WaterBox
01-14-2005, 05:11 PM
Who the hell is this grich dude? Is that Paul Grichar?
That's a BIG YES.... You must be new to the sport. :rollside:

Hud
01-14-2005, 05:19 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/119w3.gif Max. :D

NitroMan
01-14-2005, 05:52 PM
That's a BIG YES.... You must be new to the sport. :rollside:
Hearing that name again made me feel old :jawdrop: :D
Nice tit hud. :)

the real k-boat king
01-14-2005, 06:14 PM
maximus, well I've talked to both paul pfaff and truit beal and they were at both places and they told me he was disqualified. the engine was torn down at pfaff and sowins shop and found to be illegal. stating facts from two very well known people thats been around racing for a long time. and by the way I was twelve years old at the time not in diapers sorry to disappoint you. paul grichar was a great driver in his time no dought, and there is no disrespect to paul but it is funny guys try to say other people are cheating but are always found legal.

BILLY.B
01-15-2005, 07:13 AM
Hey "real K boat king"...Was it illegal when you and I were riding that fiberglass cow on wheels in the hotel parking lot in Olympia Wa back in the early 80's????? I guess it wasn't, that was until I broke the tail off spinning you around and around in circles :). Not to mention the foiled plan YOU HAD to stick the cow on top of Bob Goetels trailer so he'd find it there in the morning :hammerhea :) :) Now I don't care who you are that's some funny $hit right there.

Moneypitt
01-15-2005, 07:24 AM
Hey Billy, what about the Burley Inn "covered wagon" race around the parking lot.(early 90s). How many boat racers does it take to set a record pulling a covered wagon?????.....And what would Guiness say about stuffing racers inside?....MP
PS, Billy, was Goetels boat the one that became the "Dark Star" boat???

V-DRIVE VIDEO
01-15-2005, 02:19 PM
Hey Billy, what about the Burley Inn "covered wagon" race around the parking lot.(early 90s). How many boat racers does it take to set a record pulling a covered wagon?????.....And what would Guiness say about stuffing racers inside?....MP
PS, Billy, was Goetels boat the one that became the "Dark Star" boat???
Burley has it all...
The dually drags
The biker tattoo expo
Monster truck races
A mechanical bull that ss-80 has made famous :jawdrop:
Little red wagon races and last but not least...
EZ chicks :smile:
Oh ya, the boat races aren't bad either ;)
Jerry

BILLY.B
01-16-2005, 07:42 AM
PS, Billy, was Goetels boat the one that became the "Dark Star" boat??? Richard Goetels Pro Comp became Dark Star.