PDA

View Full Version : Cat Insurance

don johnson
01-11-2005, 09:59 AM
Those with big, fast cats prepare yourself.... I just got a registered letter from Ace cancelling the insuance on my 33 Daytona. They are no longer insuring fast cat's. I have no claims, tickets or accidents. I was with Merkel in 2003 then switched to Ace in 2004, saved over $2k. Looks like I am going back to Merkel and the $7k a year.... With Ace out of the picture i can see Merkel jacking up there rates big time!

Magic34
01-11-2005, 10:04 AM
If Markel jacks with my rates, my boat is for sale.

bunny 166
01-11-2005, 10:25 AM
Those with big, fast cats prepare yourself.... I just got a registered letter from Ace cancelling the insuance on my 33 Daytona. They are no longer insuring fast cat's. I have no claims, tickets or accidents. I was with Merkel in 2003 then switched to Ace in 2004, saved over $2k. Looks like I am going back to Merkel and the $7k a year.... With Ace out of the picture i can see Merkel jacking up there rates big time!
So sorry to hear that---good luck to you. I know you don't remember me, but My hubby and I met you this summer in Moabi Channel--hope all is well with you :D Now that we have a Conquest, hoping to hang with the C&T crew now and again.... :D

TOBTEK
01-11-2005, 11:01 AM
so than WHO are the people to call without getting poked? I tried Shawn who does Bling and some others and the HOMO wont call me back.

Insurance God
01-11-2005, 12:07 PM
Hey TOBTEK,
Sorry, I have been bang' in Bling. Call my office and we will straighten everything out.
Shawn
562-690-9770

Jrocket
01-11-2005, 12:14 PM
I tried Shawn who does Bling and some others and the HOMO wont call me back.
Me too,Bling told me to call...I did,talked to Shawn,called again,and again..no calls back so I gave up.

Community
01-11-2005, 12:26 PM
You should know that Shawn's brokerage is licensed in CA and AZ so he can handle everything for you, cars, trucks, motorsickles, ATV's, RV's, houses, rental homes, apartments, life insurance, business insurance etc etc etc.
If he doesn't, I am going back into the insurance biz and you guys can call me...

BADBLOWN572
01-11-2005, 12:40 PM
does anyone know the statistics on accidents that the insurance pays out in cats vs. V's? I would assume that the claims on V's are just as much on a cat.
I am really surprised that no one has started an insurance company that specializes in insuring high performance cats. With the number of cats being sold right now, you would think that they would make a fortune. Even if it was 2x what a V bottom pays, it would be worth it. I would gladly pay 3k a year for conventional insurance on my boat. I can't get insurance no matter what! I had to go around the system to get covered. Anyone who runs without insurance is insane (in my opinion).

Mrs. Restless22
01-11-2005, 01:34 PM
does anyone know the statistics on accidents that the insurance pays out in cats vs. V's? I would assume that the claims on V's are just as much on a cat.
I am really surprised that no one has started an insurance company that specializes in insuring high performance cats. With the number of cats being sold right now, you would think that they would make a fortune. Even if it was 2x what a V bottom pays, it would be worth it. I would gladly pay 3k a year for conventional insurance on my boat. I can't get insurance no matter what! I had to go around the system to get covered. Anyone who runs without insurance is insane (in my opinion).
Im guessing noone has started this insurance company we all wish was around because nobody will "reinsure" them. Insurance companies have reinsurers and Im thinking it would be the same charges that we are paying now, so there would be no advantage. :idea: Just a guess.

GLWBEAR
01-12-2005, 08:44 PM
I've been told that there will be NO more insurance for CATs that go over 120 mph! Too many idiots have been crashing them and turning in Multi-Million dollar claims.
I am like everyone else, NO TICKETS, NO ACCIDENTS AND NO CLAIMS and now no insurance. I just detuned the Mach 34 to under 120 and I'm trying to get insurance. They ought to out law alcohol on boats and jet skiis on the water and people with no prior boating experience from owning 140 mile per hour boats as their FIRST BOAT!
These are the idiots that have Killed it for us all! It is too bad that so few have ruined it for so MANY!
Thats my 2 cents worth
GLWBEAR :mad: :confused: :eek:

Jrocket
01-12-2005, 08:53 PM
They ought to out law alcohol on boats and jet skiis on the water and people with no prior boating experience from owning 140 mile per hour boats as their FIRST BOAT!
RD...Oh man,the phones for you! :eek:

Bling Bling
01-12-2005, 09:16 PM
Hey TOBTEK,
Sorry, I have been bang' in Bling. Call my office and we will straighten everything out.
Shawn
562-690-9770
Hey Shawn, I saw you called the other day, I will call ya this week. Watch out Shawn, those DCB guys get there panties all bunched up if you don't call back in 5 minutes. :D :D When we rippin SB a new ass? And yes he is the insurance god!!!!

mbrown2
01-12-2005, 09:40 PM
Hey Shawn, I saw you called the other day, I will call ya this week. Watch out Shawn, those DCB guys get there panties all bunched up if you don't call back in 5 minutes. :D :D When we rippin SB a new ass? And yes he is the insurance god!!!!
Shawn, called me back very quickly and had me quotes for both boats within 2 hours....He did a great job rates were better on one, same on the other...maybe thinking about switching when renewal comes up...

WetWillie
01-12-2005, 11:01 PM
He was calling to let you know you have been cancled!! Sorry big boy now what? Whos your daddy now?

Jrocket
01-13-2005, 12:24 PM
Shawn, called me back very quickly and had me quotes for both boats within 2 hours....He did a great job rates were better on one, same on the other...maybe thinking about switching when renewal comes up...
Who was the carrier?

Charley
01-13-2005, 12:52 PM
So all those people hanging off yer balls and then yer hangin off his???
WOW.... Shawn, even if greggy lost his gut you would still have my vote for having the "most load bearing balls of all time"

mbrown2
01-13-2005, 02:03 PM
Who was the carrier?
Markel...they are the only carrier for Hi-Po cats...I have the same policy through someone else, that is why the price was pretty much the same..

Jrocket
01-13-2005, 05:36 PM
Markel...they are the only carrier for Hi-Po cats...I have the same policy through someone else, that is why the price was pretty much the same..
Thanks,mines through Ace right now..just wondering if markel is cheaper?

don johnson
01-13-2005, 06:05 PM
Markel was $2k more then Ace which is why I changed to Ace last year, looks like I am going back...

Jrocket
01-13-2005, 06:13 PM
My boat has been through Ace from day one(2000)so thats the only reason that they still carry me.

mbrown2
01-13-2005, 08:36 PM
I have never had ACE (at least not on this boat), so I can't compare...I think my agent shopped them both and Markel for better for me....or possibly him :devil: :rollside:

Insurance God
01-17-2005, 03:25 PM
FYI - I have a new insurance market. It is VERY competitive (which isn't hard) Call for a quote or email me at shawn@summergroup.net
Bling Bling thought I gave him a good deal last year, now he is going to think I ripped him off. :> (it really is that good.)
Shawn 562-690-9770

Robbie Racer
01-17-2005, 03:34 PM
FYI - I have a new insurance market. It is VERY competitive (which isn't hard) Call for a quote or email me at shawn@summergroup.net
Bling Bling thought I gave him a good deal last year, now he is going to think I ripped him off. :> (it really is that good.)
Shawn 562-690-9770
Shawn, check your email. I need insurance on a 25' 1100+ hp cat. I have had no accidents, claims or tickets and have 20 years of high performance tunnel boat driving experience. Shouldn't be a problem should it?
Keith

jackpunx
01-17-2005, 03:42 PM
Shawn, check your email. I need insurance on a 25' 1100+ hp cat. I have had no accidents, claims or tickets and have 20 years of high performance tunnel boat driving experience. Shouldn't be a problem should it?
Keith
sorry to keep following your lead on this.. but I have the same record as you.. except for a ticket.
and my boat is 22'
I emailed you.. Let us know..
thanks
Mark

Robbie Racer
01-17-2005, 03:53 PM
sorry to keep following your lead on this.. but I have the same record as you.. except for a ticket.
and my boat is 22'
I emailed you.. Let us know..
thanks
Mark
LOL, no problem Mark. A lot of us are in the same "boat" trying to find insurance on high performance tunnels and cats. IF there really is a legit insurance company out there that will insure these boats for a reasonable fee, they will get a TON of business. I'm sure you are finding the same thing that I have in that as soon as you mention 1100 hp OR 120 mph, they all lose any interest in talking to you. :confused:
Keith

jackpunx
01-17-2005, 04:12 PM
LOL, no problem Mark. A lot of us are in the same "boat" trying to find insurance on high performance tunnels and cats. IF there really is a legit insurance company out there that will insure these boats for a reasonable fee, they will get a TON of business. I'm sure you are finding the same thing that I have in that as soon as you mention 1100 hp OR 120 mph, they all lose any interest in talking to you. :confused:
Keith
LOL.. I stopped trying.. I’m fortunate that I got on a manufacturers insurance plan as a tester/employee.
I have not had any success in finding traditional insurance..
We'll see..
Mark

plaster dave
01-17-2005, 06:18 PM
I just filled out my form for Shawn and I'm faxing it back rite now so will see. :)

miketsouth
01-18-2005, 03:34 AM
. I'm sure you are finding the same thing that I have in that as soon as you mention 1100 hp OR 120 mph, they all lose any interest in talking to you. :confused:
Keith
all you got to do is mention tunnel hull under 26'. that'll do it.
add to that ot pipes (even if waterjacketed) and they will just say 'no'.
Shawn has been very responsive. He has been around the insurance block, and unlike many, many agents i have spoken with, he knows these kind of boats.

plaster dave
01-28-2005, 12:34 AM
Anyone looking for Insurance needs to contact Shawn AKA Insurance God he has been working with me for like 3 or 4 months and it paid off. THANKS Shawn :D

Robbie Racer
01-28-2005, 08:47 AM
Anyone looking for Insurance needs to contact Shawn AKA Insurance God he has been working with me for like 3 or 4 months and it paid off. THANKS Shawn :D
Shawn didn't bother to reply to my email so I have to assume he can't provide insurance on boats 26' and less in length that have 1100 hp. :notam:

TIMINATOR
01-29-2005, 08:37 PM
I talked to both of 'em, and neither one got back to me yet, do I have bad breath or somthing? TIMINATOR Timm 623-877-8553

Jrocket
01-29-2005, 08:41 PM
Timinator...I might have asked you this before but does your last start with a "T" as in Tim T. by chance?

plaster dave
01-29-2005, 09:42 PM
Shawn said he has gottin like a 100 phone calls from just ***boat people so just wait or call him again. Thanks Shawn you are the man :D

TIMINATOR
01-30-2005, 08:28 PM
Jrocket: Nope. Pm me for any other info..... TIMINATOR

TIMINATOR
01-30-2005, 08:30 PM
OOOOOOPS!!!! It's TWO Ms in TIMM anyway! and its a long story.... TIMINATOR