PDA

View Full Version : Essex Alandra 29

Essex29
01-11-2005, 01:01 PM
Does anyone have an Alandra on the boards?? How do you like it? What power and speeds are you seeing?
How come they are not as popular as other mfgs?

Havasu_Dreamin
01-11-2005, 01:08 PM
We've got a 2004 Essex Alandra with the 525. We love it! It's not the fastest boat around, but it's a damn nice ride, had the Essex 21 Sterling previously. I've had it up to 63. It is a very heavey boat, 5300 lbs. The cockpit area is the largest of all the boats of comparable size that we looked at. The pictures of the cuddy cabin on the Essex website are no longer accurate. We've got the first one with the redesigned interior. If you ever want a ride in it, just let me know. We're usually out at the Havasu house two weekends per month. If you've got any other questions, PM or e-mail me.

Quality Time
01-11-2005, 03:30 PM
Cola on the boards also has one. We ran with him on the Dam Run and to Catalina. Nice boat & it ran great. I'm sure he will chime in.

THATJEFFGUY
01-11-2005, 04:35 PM
I've seen an Alandra being pulled around Yucaipa a few times...I think it was orange/blue. I'm not sure if it belongs to COLA or not..but it's a nice ass ride !!

Eliminator 4 Life
01-11-2005, 04:42 PM
:idea: Yea COLA has one

cola
01-11-2005, 04:46 PM
We also have a Alandra. HP500EFI & all of what Scott said. It's a very nice boat as long as you aren't looking for every MPH available. The 29 Shockwave with the same power is at least 5-8 mph faster. I have no complaints with mine & would buy another. Very large cockpit & cutty cabin.
I have ran it to Catalina many times & in some ruff stuff in the ocean, Mohave & Lake Mead. No boat is every big enough or fast enough.
In the summer I run the 22 Bravo 1 @ 60 mph & the 24 in the winter to about 63 or so GPS. I know Essex re-tooled the bottom of there 25' and added a step. They may be looking to do the same with the 29'. If you were thinking new. If you are looking used which one is for sale. I hope this helped.
Late, Mike
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1268109_0923_WEB-med.jpg

Essex29
01-11-2005, 05:33 PM
Thanks for the responses...This is the one that's for sale..
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/107729-Alandra-used-2.jpg
I think the gel needs a little tweaking...I'd want to remove the small flames in the rear and see if they can connect the flames in the middle.
I really like the size of the cabin and cuddy...
let me know what you think

cola
01-11-2005, 05:39 PM
I think the gel needs a little tweaking...I'd want to remove the small flames in the rear and see if they can connect the flames in the middle.
HP500EFI with a Procharger. 85 MPH ? :rolleyes:

Essex29
01-11-2005, 05:41 PM
HP500EFI with a Procharger. 85 MPH ? :rolleyes:
yup that's the one :D

Havasu_Dreamin
01-12-2005, 10:13 AM
That one is a real nice as well. The onwer babied it from what I understand.
What's up Mike? :cool:

cola
01-16-2005, 12:28 PM
Goose, how did the test drive go. Are we going to see pics of your new boat or what. Let's here it ;) .
Late, Mike

dicudmore
01-16-2005, 01:48 PM
hmmm I missed this thread :hammer2:
Very nice boat that 29'er :D

dicudmore
01-16-2005, 01:49 PM
I've seen an Alandra being pulled around Yucaipa a few times...I think it was orange/blue. I'm not sure if it belongs to COLA or not..but it's a nice ass ride !!
that would be Cola's ride :wink:

Essex29
01-16-2005, 08:09 PM
Goose, how did the test drive go. Are we going to see pics of your new boat or what. Let's here it ;) .
Late, Mike
Unfortunately not...the test drive went well although we didn't get it up to or close to it's max....It's a nice boat he said that he put in 8k worth of stereo equipment...I don't know where it didn't sound that good at all...just ok
I would have been more aggressive if it had a little less flame in the gel and the Procharger so I could sell the HP500, but being Procharged they are tougher to sell.
In the end I made him an offer, but he wasn't interested in it.
He had another guy checking ot out today...I told him if it didn't work out I'd write him a check on the spot.
Looks like I'm still boat less!

cola
01-18-2005, 05:09 PM
Unfortunately not...the test drive went well although we didn't get it up to or close to it's max....It's a nice boat he said that he put in 8k worth of stereo equipment...I don't know where it didn't sound that good at all...just ok
I would have been more aggressive if it had a little less flame in the gel and the Procharger so I could sell the HP500, but being Procharged they are tougher to sell.
In the end I made him an offer, but he wasn't interested in it.
He had another guy checking ot out today...I told him if it didn't work out I'd write him a check on the spot.
Looks like I'm still boat less!
What speed did you see & at what rpm. What prop was he running.
Thanks, Mike

Essex29
01-18-2005, 05:38 PM
We were cruising at about 3500 rpms seeing 55 mph.
It was a nice ride, but I think the Magic is a little better ride ..in my opinion