PDA

View Full Version : I am looking for some salespeople.....

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
01-11-2005, 01:14 PM
I am looking to hire a couple of young, energetic people for an inside sales position selling semiconductors to manufacturers around the world. I am specifically looking for people in their 20's, some sales experience, a degree (but not essential), and have some personality. My office is in Irvine. if you have anyone to recommend, please pm me........

topless
01-11-2005, 01:20 PM
I am looking to hire a couple of young, energetic people for an inside sales position selling semiconductors to manufacturers around the world. I am specifically looking for people in their 20's, some sales experience, a degree (but not essential), and have some personality. My office is in Irvine. if you have anyone to recommend, please pm me........
In their 20's???? Are you discriminating here? :jawdrop:

dirty old man
01-11-2005, 01:22 PM
you can't say that. the eeoc will be right there

MsDrmr
01-11-2005, 01:55 PM
In all seriousness, how many 20yr olds do you think have a degree? And how does that effect their ability to sale (or do you have a degree in mind that is geared toward your product)
(no sarcasim intended in the above statement)

BIGTYME
01-11-2005, 01:59 PM
The Degree is one thing I do not understand - I have been the top sales guy for almost every company I have worked for, I have no degree. Maybe the degree shows commitment but it sure doesn't teach a person how to prospect for new business, or close deals,or Great Customer service or asking for the sale. I think needing a degree to be a salesman is like wiping before you poop! Just my .02
How do you employers feel a degree is beneficial?

WaTchTheGelCoat
01-11-2005, 02:00 PM
In all seriousness, how many 20yr olds do you think have a degree? And how does that effect their ability to sale (or do you have a degree in mind that is geared toward your product)
He did say "20's" not 20. You're Fired! :rollside:

dmontzsta
01-11-2005, 02:25 PM
I would seriously be your man, but I am trying to get my own thing started and currently in a position working towards that, if anything changes I will let you know...I will also keep the word out for you.

BADBLOWN572
01-11-2005, 02:28 PM
Actually, I know a ton of people who are in their early 20's and have a degree. I graduated at 22 with a degree in Business Management. My brother got his degree at 22 and is 23 and almost has his masters. A lot of my friends are the same way.
I know that from my standpoint, I am in sales and the degree has helped me. You learn all facets of business and therefore you can expand simply beyond sales. Sales is an extremely broad term, it is HR coordinating the personel you need to execute the task, it is Marketing selling yourself and product, it is accounting by effectively determining the best return on investment, etc... You can better understand why you need to sell at a margin, how delays cost money, and how things are interconnected. Something that someone without a degree might not have. (Disclaimer: Some do) Even if that is not relevant, I had an employer tell me one time in an interview, that anyone with a degree is book smart and their education is shit, however he did say that it shows to him that 1) you can handle pressure and have learned how to deal with situations & 2) put up with B.S. to get what you want. Both of which are crucial characteristics for sales.
On a side note, I also recognize that some of the best sales people that I have ever met had no formal higher education. They simply learned from doing it. You can not replace experience with education, but when you have neither, education helps.

MsDrmr
01-11-2005, 02:41 PM
damn it, fired from another one,,,,, :angry2: now what am I gonna do??? :confused: :cry:
anyone hiring, I can learn and do just about anything :cool:

Havasu_Dreamin
01-11-2005, 02:51 PM
I graduated with a degree in business at 25.

Havasu_Dreamin
01-11-2005, 02:53 PM
On a side note, I also recognize that some of the best sales people that I have ever met had no formal higher education. They simply learned from doing it. You can not replace experience with education, but when you have neither, education helps.
Excellent point! I know plenty of people with degress that are not smart enough to hit water if they were to fall out of a boat. I also know plenty of people that have no formal education and are very successful!

MsDrmr
01-11-2005, 02:53 PM
I graduated with a degree in business at 25.
My hats off to you HD, wish I could say the same (maybe not business but Liberal Arts & Science Degree)

ChumpChange
01-11-2005, 02:56 PM
I think that a degree shows that somebody is willing to go beyond what is forced upon them in education, ie High School. If somebody wants to better themselves in knowledge, they may be more willing to better themselves on learning their position in sales.
In order to sell a product, you must first know your product. If somebody doesn't like to learn, they will not have the knowledge to sell.
BTW, I graduated with a degree in Business Admin, emphasis on Entreprenuerial Strategies at 21.

ROZ
01-11-2005, 03:57 PM
His target demographic is least likely to have kids and be settled; Therefore, People with a degree or technical(in his case) sales experience in their mid to late 20's are good canidates for overseas sales....
My bro is always keeping his options open, What ya got? He's an EE (UCSD)doing technical sales for Wolfson Micro Elecronics based out of Scotland... I do know that he gets paid very well though....

Mandelon
01-11-2005, 04:02 PM
And they get paid less................... :D
What about Boozer? I think he said he could sell ice to eskimos.. :p

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
01-11-2005, 04:24 PM
You're hired.

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
01-11-2005, 04:29 PM
I also put the the degree was NOT ESSENTIAL...........
I agree that you do not need one to be good at what you do. I like to see the commitment level and the accomplishment. It may not say a lot, but it says something. My two best sales people do not have degrees. So that shows you right there that I hire those without degrees. And posting that i would like them to have one does not deter a go-getter from applying. I have a degree in English from Loyola and apply very little of it to my job. Although, if Emerson or Twain bought semi's, well than, I'd have myself a couple of darn good customers.

dmontzsta
01-11-2005, 05:20 PM
The Degree is one thing I do not understand - I have been the top sales guy for almost every company I have worked for, I have no degree. Maybe the degree shows commitment but it sure doesn't teach a person how to prospect for new business, or close deals,or Great Customer service or asking for the sale. I think needing a degree to be a salesman is like wiping before you poop! Just my .02
How do you employers feel a degree is beneficial?
I totally agree with this. I have friends who have went to college and know nothing, they cant even get jobs. It is all about actual work experience. I didnt even graduate high school, heck I sold drugs through high school and that was more of a learning experience in business than school, you had to worry about the competition seriously coming after you and keeping your wacked customers happy, try keeping a drug addict happy. But you hit the nail on the head...