PDA

View Full Version : Irvine Lake High Performance Swap Meet!

irvinelake
01-11-2005, 04:59 PM
Mark Sunday, February 13 on your calendar now! Here's your chance to get together with fellow boaters, buy/sell/trade those parts you've been looking for, and see Irvine Lake at its highest level since 1998!!!
There are no vendors, just boaters like you that have extra parts that you'd like to find a buyer for, or if you're looking for something special or hard-to-find, we'll bet you can find it here. There's no admission fee. There'll be good food and beer for sale on site. We'll be open from 9:00 a.m. til 4:00 p.m. that day.
This is a great chance to get together outside, drink a cold beer, talk boats, and find that part you've been looking for. While you're at it, mark your calendars for Irvine Lake's V-Drive Regatta on June 11th and 12th.
Any questions, call the lake office at (714) 649-9113. Hope to see you on Sunday, February 13!

cyclone
01-11-2005, 05:17 PM
when will you have a jet boat regatta at the lake? I see you've got the vdrives covered already.

revndave
01-11-2005, 05:32 PM
when will you have a jet boat regatta at the lake? I see you've got the vdrives covered already.
I second that.

Not Twice
01-11-2005, 05:46 PM
I guess I third that.

Nucking futs
01-11-2005, 06:35 PM
and so on !!! I don't think it will ever happen but if it did it would put the V-Drive show to shame!!!!!!

sleekvino
01-11-2005, 07:31 PM
someone make a time and place, "if you make it they will come". :eek: :hammer2: :hammerhea

Cs19
01-11-2005, 09:28 PM
Wheres Dave N?
He told me he was going to throw an event for the jet guys.
Cmon Dave.

TRG
01-11-2005, 10:05 PM
Wheres Dave N?
He told me he was going to throw an event for the jet guys.
Cmon Dave.
yea dave! ?????

78Southwind
01-11-2005, 11:14 PM
yea dave! ?????
What he said

FOURQ
01-11-2005, 11:37 PM
ya come on show us squirtgun owners some love too..

victorfb
01-12-2005, 01:02 PM
is there ANYWERE that a jet boat only regatta/get together is held?
i know the two major events that i know of are the Classic boats beach bash, and the Freeboard challenged event. both are NOT jet boat only events, but the people that organize them , each own jet boats. i know of a few V-drive only events/regatta's but thats just it, V-drive only. could this be a manifestation deriving from the age old and rediculous fued that we have all seen and heard about for way to long now? now ive been to both events mentioned and at each i have met some really great people. both jet owners and V-drive owners alike. as a matter of fact, that is one of the coolest things about these two events is the fact that ALL boaters are welcome and seem to aknowledge each others accomplishments of building fine boats. this thread has turned some from its original point, but i am just wondering, if i go to this swap meet, will i have to hide the fact that i am looking for stuff for my jet boat?

roostwear
01-12-2005, 01:27 PM
You can't go..... no jets! (in my best soup nazi voice)

roostwear
01-12-2005, 01:37 PM
If it was a v-drive only event, I'd have to make a change to the FC logo.....
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/896fcb-v.jpg

superdave013
01-12-2005, 05:36 PM
engine is installed roundy round style. Gofastracer will like it.

Nucking futs
01-14-2005, 04:41 PM
Bump

repo man
01-14-2005, 08:39 PM
and so on !!! I don't think it will ever happen but if it did it would put the V-Drive show to shame!!!!!!
thats true one jet showed up and did a spectacular barrel roll and sunk. what a show. could you imagine fifty jetboats doing that at once. they could charge fifty bucks to watch and it would be standing room only! :devil:

Nucking futs
01-14-2005, 08:56 PM
thats true one jet showed up and did a spectacular barrel roll and sunk. what a show. could you imagine fifty jetboats doing that at once. they could charge fifty bucks to watch and it would be standing room only! :devil:
Yeah i know all about the jet that flipped. I was there ,saw the whole thing, but what you failed to mention is it was holding down for awhile....So all im saying is that there would be a bigger turn out and more "jetboats" to look at compared to the v-drive event.No disrespect to the v-drivers, all my freinds have them so im the outcast with my squirtgun, but it would be one hell of a gathering ...........Tim

Roman 1
01-14-2005, 09:09 PM
I like how you knew to put the bigger engine in the v-drive.
R1 :)

repo man
01-15-2005, 12:10 AM
there couldn't be more jetboats because they only allow fifty boats. besides,it would be boring there's no bridge to try to hit with your roost. :2purples:

Nucking futs
01-15-2005, 09:24 AM
there couldn't be more jetboats because they only allow fifty boats. besides,it would be boring there's no bridge to try to hit with your roost. :2purples:
OK you got me i will shut up now!!!I still want a jetboat deal out there at least it wouldnt be a show n shine............. :D :D

victorfb
01-15-2005, 10:04 AM
Jeeeeessuuusssss Chrrriiiisssssstttt....
you know, i try and be nice and let the folks that need to be squids be squids without saying a word, but man, repo man, what is your problem? Do you have that much hatred toward the jet propultion boats? were does this stem from? it was just a mention that it would be nice to see a jet boat involvement at the lake. not a total take over. is it so unbeleivable to you that v-drive, and jet drive owners CAN get along? i just dont understand this bickering back and forth on the two differant drives. why not just compare dicks, crown a king, and be done with this whole fuc*ing matter. Time to friggin GROW UP!

repo man
01-16-2005, 12:32 AM
just funnin ya guys ,actuly the guy that fliped at irvine was a friend of mine. and trust me that is one sick boat don't matter what kinda drive it has. it makes 920hp on the dyno w/out a blower or nitros. it broke my heart to see that motor get wet . he still hasn't got it back together since that happened.

victorfb
01-16-2005, 10:28 PM
well dont i feel like a jack *ss. im glad to hear this didnt turn into a v-drive vs jet issue. i guess i jumped to conclusions and for that i apologize. im sorry repoman for my unthoughtfull comments. i have had my share of getting in the middle of that rediculous arguement, and or atleast being scorned for owning and driving a jet boat. its no excuse and i shouldnt have used this forum to show my feeling of the matter with such attitude. its not often i spout out like that but i guess we all lose it every once in a while. with that said, i dont think ill make the swap meet as money is way too tight to even buy at a discounted rate. but if a jet boat involvement does stem from this id surelly like to attend. :D

TRG
01-17-2005, 07:31 AM
just funnin ya guys ,actuly the guy that fliped at irvine was a friend of mine. and trust me that is one sick boat don't matter what kinda drive it has. it makes 920hp on the dyno w/out a blower or nitros. it broke my heart to see that motor get wet . he still hasn't got it back together since that happened.
Blue-n-white rogers right?
is it the 18?
and did he finally get the glasswork done?
billyb said that he thought he wanted to get rid of the hull and go v-drive, true?
i need to talk to the guy too! can you get me intouch with him?
thanks
todd
626-991-9031