PDA

View Full Version : Castaic Marine...

Uplink
01-11-2005, 07:17 PM
Not pretty, I hope none of these are yours, especially knowing how we baby our toys... :frown:
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/194castaic_marine_002.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/194castaic_marine_004.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/194castaic_marine_015.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/194castaic_marine_017.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/194castaic_marine_018.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/194castaic_marine_021.jpg

Raisin Wake
01-11-2005, 07:22 PM
Looks like a couple of the boats are floating. I guess I should store my boat with the plug in. Just in case..... :(

HOOTER SLED-
01-11-2005, 07:46 PM
Looks like some kind of organized get together. :D That sucks. I can't believe that many people store their boats outside like that. I wonder how many of those covers don't keep the water out.

ACCEPTENCE
01-11-2005, 11:04 PM
It looks like their pumping the water out in the tanker trucks, wonder how long that took.
And yes, some of those boats are definitely floating (into each other)
Oh...that's gotta suck :frown:

Sherpa
01-12-2005, 10:31 AM
that is messed up...........there are a few boats there with the bow under
water........... there is a toy-hauler trailer in there too.. wonder if the
toyhauler is full of quads or whatever, cause they're gonna be a big loss...
bummer.............
--Sherpa

Captain Dan
01-12-2005, 11:10 AM
Schiatt! At first I thought it was a picture of a marina and a few boats had water in the cover - not too serious.
I didn't realize it was a parkign lot until I saw part of a fender - that sucks big time.

Havasu_Dreamin
01-12-2005, 11:16 AM
DAMN! that sucks. those with the plugs in should be ok, for the boat at least, not sure about the trailer. But those with the plug out, yikes! :2purples:

Mrs Luvnlife
01-12-2005, 12:04 PM
Still looks the same way today :frown:, what a bummer....I feel for the owner of Castaic Boat & Marine just having to deal with all this. :cry:

Hustler
01-12-2005, 01:03 PM
Whats really gonna suck is when it all gets pumped out those floating boats are going to be sitting in the mud or half cocked on the trailers :mad:

MOBrien
01-12-2005, 11:44 PM
half cocked as opposed to full cocked?
Either way, I'd hate to find my boat all cocked up.
I'd rather it have a big fresh gash in it, or at least be shoved in a bush.
what the hell am I talking about? :hammerhea :hammerhea :hammerhea

Liquid Courage
01-13-2005, 04:16 PM
They're boats!! That's what they're made for :D :D They'll float those trailers no prob. if strapped down...Not that I'd know from personal experience or anything :rolleyes: :D :D

shueman
01-13-2005, 05:08 PM
"In The Water" Boat Show... :D

emjay
02-20-2005, 01:56 PM
Has anybody seen how this storage place is doing since the
latest round of storms?

LUVNLIFE
02-20-2005, 03:17 PM
Yea I live up the street and pass it every day. They pumped the water down which was caused by a plugged storm drain. They slowy began removing mud and pulled the boats down the street People began to get their boats out as they could. The drain has been cleared and there is no flooding now. Alot of the boats have still yet to be touched, just sitting there with mud all over them. Guess some people don't care. All off the removed mud is just piled around the outside of the property. I needed a small part and was inside the building last week. They are repainting and cleaning the inside. I'll try and grab a couple of pics and post them tomorrow.

BLEWBAYOU1
02-20-2005, 03:34 PM
This is one time that you would wish you left the plug in. I leave my plug out and I store mine in my garage. If I did ever have to store it outside I would definantly have one of those portable garage tent thangs. Not that it would help in this case being I always store mine with the plug out.
Those vacuume trucks are trying to clear the storm drains not pump out all the water otherwise it would take about 500 trucks that size. Thats poor maintance of the storm drains by the county or city if that's in city limits. And you wonder why it took some one so long before they decided to clear the grates. All it takes is someone with a shovel or rake to keep the leaves and garbage off of the manhole grates,lazy asses. :yuk:
If I managed that boat yard I would be there pumping those boats out to keep them dry on the inside at least.It's called good customer service. I hate to see boats left out in the weather all year long like that. I know not everone can't afford indoor storage but it still not right.LOL :rollside:
Brian, High and dry here in NOR-CAL :skull: (That's a first)

LUVNLIFE
02-20-2005, 05:21 PM
This is one time that you would wish you left the plug in. I leave my plug out and I store mine in my garage. If I did ever have to store it outside I would definantly have one of those portable garage tent thangs. Not that it would help in this case being I always store mine with the plug out.
Those vacuume trucks are trying to clear the storm drains not pump out all the water otherwise it would take about 500 trucks that size. Thats poor maintance of the storm drains by the county or city if that's in city limits. And you wonder why it took some one so long before they decided to clear the grates. All it takes is someone with a shovel or rake to keep the leaves and garbage off of the manhole grates,lazy asses. :yuk:
If I managed that boat yard I would be there pumping those boats out to keep them dry on the inside at least.It's called good customer service. I hate to see boats left out in the weather all year long like that. I know not everone can't afford indoor storage but it still not right.LOL :rollside:
Brian, High and dry here in NOR-CAL :skull: (That's a first)
Those trucks were puming the water out. They would just back up and throw the suction hose in the water. It took a long time but they were dumping only about 500' away. I'm pretty sure the county took some responsibility because they were on the opposite side of the freeway, where the drain let out cuttind a new channel and clearing the outlet. Plus all the mud from inside is piled outside for their disposal. The funny thing is this happened prob less than a mile and a half from the county maintenence yard :eek: Go figure. I talked to a couple of the boat owners and the owner of Castaic Boat and Marine is making things right. Details and plus checking the boats out for internal damage. :cool: :)

BLEWBAYOU1
02-20-2005, 06:34 PM
That's great that the boat yard is helping out the owners. Most owners don't have a clue to what happened. Hopefully the owner of Castaic get's some reinburstment for all his loss and work being It wasn't his falt.
Brian :cool:

LUVNLIFE
02-20-2005, 06:41 PM
I think he will. Just by the way things where going on. The first couple of days it was just the owner, workers and family helping out. Then someone figured out what happened and there was def some money being spent to get the cleanup started. I think the county will be picking up some cost. :D Cale

Red Eye
02-21-2005, 11:46 AM
That's a great idea flooding the lot so they can do test drives right there.