PDA

View Full Version : E- Ticket Luxury Cat's

INSman
01-11-2005, 07:39 PM
Can anyone to chime in on what you may have heard or actually experienced first hand in regards to these boats ? The builder only makes less than 20 a year I believe, but seems like I can't find a bad write-up, but at the same time I can't find too many write-up's period.
Thanks in advance :shift:

TCHB
01-11-2005, 07:53 PM
I talked to a person out in Havasu who knows the owner and say's he is a good guy who builds a quality boat. At one of the poker runs I saw his red boat in the top ten up front with the big boys.

checkr'd past
01-11-2005, 08:39 PM
After reading a write up in ***boat last year and talking about how the boat was so perfect, I seen first hand at the LA boat show last year. It is by far the tightest boat ever. Just looking down the side there are absolutly no waves of any kind.No other boat at the show could compare. Now styling is an other issue

XtrmWakeborder
01-11-2005, 09:53 PM
PM larryc, He's affiliated with the company. I personally love the boats, who doesn't love twins?

phebus
01-11-2005, 09:55 PM
I have seen the E Ticket Luxury Cat at Havasu up close and personal. It is a beautifull boat. First class gel and glasswork, beautifully rigged with the best of components.
Now, why I wouldn't buy one. One of the main advantages of a deckboat to our family is the easy access/egress. With our boat (Carrera Deck), and others of similar design (Conquest, Magic, Lavey, etc.) the bow platform sits low enogh to afford easy boarding for both adults and children. When boarding, you just walk up, sit on the bow platform, take the bow shower, wash off your feet, swing them in and your good to go. The E Ticket on the other hand has very deep sponsons (kinda east coastish) and the bow platform sits very high making boarding much more difficult. I hated when I had a vee having to walk to the back of the boat wading in the water to get back in the boat. Sure, sometimes it felt great to get wet, but as a year round boater it isn't the most practical way. Also, I board the boat prior to taking off and boating, and don;t always like to start off wet.
The other thing I like is being able to board from the stern and have a walk thru to the interior of the boat. The E Ticket has the engine hatch going full width which requires you to shimmy across the upholstery to get back in the boat.
The other design feature I don't like about the E Ticket is the forward helm position. Driving one would make me feel like a bus driver with everyone sitting behind me. I like the passengers in front of me, where I can see them and feel like I am part of the action. The only down side of this is sometimes your visibility can be impaired, but you position passengers with that in mind.
Different boats for different folks, and the E Ticket is a beautifull boat, just not a boat for our family.
There are some great deckboats out there...Conquest, Magic, Lavey, Domin8tor, Carrera, etc., and I suggest you check them all out before deciding on one.

RiverOtter
01-12-2005, 05:17 AM
I want one... It's almost got a windshield :D One thing I noticed about is the bow seating looks very shallow. Looks like the bow cusions are almost on the floor. It sure is more affordable than the others in it's class though. I love the minicabin, that would be great for the kids.

NashvilleBound
01-12-2005, 05:48 AM
I flew from TN to CA, then drove to AZ during my Christmas vacation just to see the E-Ticket in person. Not only is everythng about it top notch Larry, the owner, took the time to take me out on Havasu for a test ride. It was nasty out too...the boat handled perfect. That should explain it all. I am as anal as they come looking at all aspects of boats...glasswork, rigging, layouts, everything. I would be 100% happy if I owned one....if I was only doing adult parties and poker run stuff. But I have kids and we do sports and it just will not work for us. Not to say if you have kids it will not work for you by any means. I was looking at twin 525's and I still can visualize it....maybe when the kids get older.... At right around $150k for that setup I still think its a good value. Call Larry and talk to him.

RiverOtter
01-12-2005, 05:58 AM
Sooooo.... :idea: What's it gonna be Nashville???? :D

NashvilleBound
01-12-2005, 06:04 AM
Sooooo.... :idea: What's it gonna be Nashville???? :D
Time will tell....but I will not right now:) sorry.......

RiverOtter
01-12-2005, 06:08 AM
Time will tell....but I will not right now:) sorry.......
You're killing me Nash :cool:

NashvilleBound
01-12-2005, 06:09 AM
You're killing me Nash :cool:
Thats my yyyoobbb. I can tell you that ...well, no I better not.....I know how Otters talk :jawdrop: :D :D :D :D :D

RiverOtter
01-12-2005, 07:59 AM
Thats my yyyoobbb. I can tell you that ...well, no I better not.....I know how Otters talk :jawdrop: :D :D :D :D :D
I can keep a secret!!!! :D

NashvilleBound
01-12-2005, 11:17 AM
Ok...check your mail.....hurry...its a timed out delivery.....

RiverOtter
01-12-2005, 12:42 PM
Ok...check your mail.....hurry...its a timed out delivery.....
Dammit! musta missed it! :rolleyes:

OutCole'd
01-12-2005, 12:54 PM
RO, could you forward that e mail to me when you get it? I'm curious also.

NashvilleBound
01-12-2005, 01:14 PM
Ok...here it goes again to both of you...you have 5 minutes from when it hits your mail box.....

RiverOtter
01-12-2005, 02:30 PM
RO, could you forward that e mail to me when you get it? I'm curious also.
I think we're being duped by NashvilleBIGMONEYBound :notam: :D

NashvilleBound
01-12-2005, 03:14 PM
I think we're being duped by NashvilleBIGMONEYBound :notam: :D
ROTFLMAO....ya think??? :messedup: :messedup: :messedup: :messedup: :messedup: :messedup: Gotta watch out for those timed out messages..... sorry...I was having a really good day so I just was playing with you....

Keith E. Sayre
01-12-2005, 03:28 PM
I'll throw some dirt! Our tooler Scott Kornowski is the same tooler that did the E ticket boats. I have never seen straighter fiberglass than on our new
28 Boss Cat or the E ticket boats. I don't know how he does it.
The comments on the previous posts all seem fairly accurate to me too. I
think their build quality is as good as anyone on the west coast. They use
all good parts too. They also have a great ride. I happen to be good friends
with Sam Cooper, a retired helicopter pilot for LA Fire Dept who bought their
deckboat last year. He likes it. If you're seriously considering one, let me
know and I'll get you his phone number.
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
928-680-1400
PS--I wouldn't worry too much about not being able to find very many
people who have them. E ticket is a small-well managed company who
seems to put alot of thought into their boats. I personally like them, it
just depends on if their application fits YOUR needs.

roln 20s
01-12-2005, 09:33 PM
Personally, I love the ETicket boats. Some of the best fit and finish I have seen. I got to spend one early morning talking with Larry C about his company, boats, etc... What a great guy, one I'd be happy to do business with anyday. The boat is big, very clean, super detailed, and according to the Magazines--great performer. If you are interested, buy one now and don't wait. $125K for a twin 496HO true 29' deck boat--I can guarantee this price will not last through the summer. As popularity grows-- the price will too. This is the one I was able to sit in, walk around, enjoy, see the detail-- corian counters, perfect place for plasma TV, etc.. Details, Details, Performance, Performance, Great Value--sounds like a winner.
http://www.eticketboats.com/luxury_cat/luxury_cat-Images/2005-Luxury-Cat.jpg
Roln 20s

INSman
01-13-2005, 07:20 AM
Insurance or inability to get a "reasonable" rate is going to be a major factor. Read somewhere on another post here I beleive that they just got a "Non-Renewal" notice from ACE that is getting out of the business. That leaves pretty much Markel and when they figure that out, you can guess where their rates will go with no other competition. Some of these boat owners are paying 2x as much per month as I pay for my boat loan just on insurance, crazy !!
The fact that the E-Ticket boat has the word "CAT" in the model name of "Luxury Cat", I am thinking this is going to be a problem for me.

slowinhavasuskid
01-13-2005, 09:38 AM
I think that this is one of the most beautiful boats I have ever seen. I also think that yes this boat may not be practical for some but very practical for others. This is an all around great boat, comfy and fast. I know that if we were looking for a boat right now this would be one of the top ones on our list.And as far as insurance prices I think that if you are willing to pay that much for a boat you are not going to have a too much of a problem paying high insurance premiums. Just my opinion, but I love the boat. :rollside: