PDA

View Full Version : Old man beat up

1978 Rogers
01-11-2005, 08:51 PM
Basically a 70 year old man taking a walk in the morning was jumped and beaten baddly. He's in critical condition. This happened in Tacoma. Here is the link. When we say the story ran on the news they said he was found with his wallet on him. He wasn't robbed.
http://www.nwcn.com/statenews/washington/stories/NW_011005WABmanattackedSW.979a3fea.html
A similar thing happened about 2 years ago. A guy(mid-upper 20's) was walking home in Tacoma late at night and was beat to death by a group of young teens. All the kids were caught and found guilty. I don't remember any of them showing any remores or what the penalty was. A grandmother of one of the kids said on camera "well there is nothing for them to do". Nothing to do so you kill somebody.
I take our dog for a walk every morning. You just can't feel safe anymore. :mad:

spectratoad
01-12-2005, 06:35 AM
That is a bunch of BS. I hope they have a public hanging for someone. I would fly up to see that. :D

1978 Rogers
01-12-2005, 08:45 AM
Neighbors even admitting to hearing it happen, but did nothing to help the guy. How could you lay in bed and listen to this happen out your window? The guy is 70.

Havasu_Dreamin
01-12-2005, 08:47 AM
A grandmother of one of the kids said on camera "well there is nothing for them to do". Nothing to do so you kill somebody.
She really said that!?!?!?! Geez, what the hell is the world coming to!?!?!?!?!

Freak
01-12-2005, 08:53 AM
Well shit man don't you know it's the schools and Governments responsibility not parents.

1978 Rogers
01-12-2005, 09:05 AM
Well shit man don't you know it's the schools and Governments responsibility not parents.
I'll have to start using that as an excuse for our 2 year old when he does something bad. He's in daycare, so I'll have to blame them.

MudPumper
01-12-2005, 10:05 AM
Todays society saddens me. You hear so many storys about people getting assaulted, raped, robbed, killed, etc... and people witness it and do nothing. ****, get involved people don't just sit there. I spend a lot of time on the roads and have come across many accident scenes where people are only worried about getting through the traffic and being a looky lou. I always stop and make sure people are ok. It blows my mind how many people dont even stop to see if anybody is hurt. Things arent the way they used to be and I'm afraid of where they are going.

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
01-12-2005, 11:00 AM
Wow. I grew up in Tacoma and that stuff didn't happen back then. That is such bullsh$t I can't stand it. I am so non-violent that when i hear things like that i get so pissed. I hope they find the bastards.

JackieV
01-12-2005, 11:16 AM
Back Jan. 2, 2000: I got jumped pretty badly by 2 girls and a guy, on my way out of my parents house to my car to meet Art for a movie. I was like 20 years old or something and they were 17, 19 and 19 years old, I didn't know them at all. They just had nothing beter to do that night I guess...?
I screamed for help numerous times as I ended up sitting on top of one girl and punching her and gouging at her eyes but I was also being kicked, punched and hit in every place you could imagine. I knew if I let go of the girl under me she would only attack me again as well. Until finally the other girl pulled my head back by my hair and kneed me right in the head. I fell off of the girl and into the street and I only remember seeing a gaze of head lights coming towards me. And they took my cell phone and went running.
LUCKILY!!! my neighbors across the street came out and just saw the last of it and then jumped into his van and chased those little punks to their HOUSE!
I couldn't believe my family inside did not hear me. I know my step father is an asshole but this was the worst because he did hear me but he told my mother he had no idea it was me... yeah!
Anyhow, I walked into my mothers house with blood dripping from my face on a white Guess sweat shirt and sooooo out of breath I thought I'd never catch my breath and collapsed on the floor.
The police showed up and thanks to my good memory and the neighbor we found them and I pointed them out and pressed charges.
The one girl that was 19 took most of the wrap for her younger cousin and went to a womens prison for 9 months. The others got out of it I guess? The cops said the 17 year old was wanted in conection to some other things and they were looking for her. The guy, well I just could not say " I saw his face as he hit me" so the police along with him saying that he didn't touch me went along with it.
When we went to court the girl tried to turn it into some racial thing. Which waws not the case at all! My neighbor and friend who chased them was also of thier race and vouched for me.
SOME KIDS ARE JUST F"N PUNKS!!! They think they are invisible now a days.

1978 Rogers
01-12-2005, 11:34 AM
The guy that was killed a couple of years ago had just left a coffee bar and was walking by a park was jumped by the kids. A lot of people were really disturbed by this. I don't blame them. The oldest kid was maybe 14-15. They just ganged up like a pack of parona. This wasn't race related either. None of them said why they did it. Too young and stupid to know what they had done.
It's good to hear you walked away JackieV.

1978 Rogers
01-12-2005, 11:38 AM
I don't know if the like to elderly man being mugged is working. Here is a copy/paste of the story.
Elderly Tacoma man critical after attack
12:17 PM PST on Tuesday, January 11, 2005
By ARTURO SANTIAGO / KING 5 News
TACOMA - An elderly Tacoma man is on life support after being beaten Sunday. Seventy-year-old Darrel Johnson was attacked while he was out for his morning stroll at about 7 a.m. near the 6900 block of McKinley Avenue.
"He's on life support ... he's got swelling in his brain ... because they didn't just beat on him, they were kicking him in his face, they were stomping on his head," said Johnson's daughter, Mary Garbagni.
The attack was so vicious, the memory of it kept one person who witnessed it from sleeping Sunday night.
Darrel Johnson remains in critical condition.
"The kicking … I could hear it with each kick and when the groans stopped I knew he was in a lot of trouble," said Anjeli LaRose.
Johnson was out for his morning walk Sunday. He had just left his house with his signature cane in hand.
Larose lives right across the street and saw the 6-foot-3 Johnson being taken down.
"Two guys took him down. One guy was beating on him," she said.
Johnson wasn't breathing when paramedics arrived.
"He told them stop, that's enough, stop, and they didn't, and they left him for dead," said Garbagni.
On Monday, Johnson's friends and family were out on street corners with fliers and signs, going directly to the public and asking them to help find those responsible.
"We're going to hand out all these fliers. It's the least I can do. He would be out here for me. He would be out here for a stranger," said Valerie Krantz.
Darrel Johnson's family and friends never pictured him as a victim. Even now they consider him to be a fighter, and they say whoever did this chose the wrong man.
"People are gonna start looking and asking questions. We'll find out who it is," said Rocky Christensen.
Darrel Johnson remains in critical condition at Saint Joseph Mercy Hospital in Tacoma.
Detectives are working on a few leads. They are searching for at least one suspect.
Robbery may have been the motive for the attack.
Police are looking for a tall, slender black man who was wearing a blue jacket and red bandanna. If you have any information on this, you're asked to call Tacoma Police.

JackieV
01-12-2005, 11:39 AM
The guy that was killed a couple of years ago had just left a coffee bar and was walking by a park was jumped by the kids. A lot of people were really disturbed by this. I don't blame them. The oldest kid was maybe 14-15. They just ganged up like a pack of parona. This wasn't race related either. None of them said why they did it. Too young and stupid to know what they had done.
It's good to hear you walked away JackieV.
Thank you! Me too! I'm saddened to hear such stories though.

jaimer00
01-12-2005, 11:43 AM
a few weeks back some 84 year old man was shot to death by some high school punks as he did his daily walk in the park, in Ontario, Ca

78Eliminator
01-12-2005, 12:55 PM
My girlfriend walks our dog in the morning and in the evening. If she yelled, I could hear her, and if she ever got in trouble, the bad guy would not have to worry about prison, or a trial, or even his next meal.....

Her454
01-12-2005, 01:11 PM
THis is absolutely disgusting. My parents were older and I was always worried about something like this happening to them. What the hell is happening to our society? It all comes down to what parents are teaching their children as far as respect and paying the consequences from their actions.
Its sad.

1978 Rogers
01-16-2005, 09:47 PM
For those of you who cared to comment about this story. Mr. Johnson passed away Friday, 1/14. The Tacoma police have a sketch of a man, but little else.
It boggles my mind knowing some people heard what was going on outside and didn't go out to save the man. :confused: Even screaming for help could have gotten the attention of more people.

Krazy K
01-17-2005, 01:02 AM
My dad lives in Mission Viejo by the lake and walks around the lake quite frequently. Hence, there are alot of other people doing the same thing, but if something like that happened to my dad, I would make it my life's mission to find the parties responsible, take them out to the middle of the desert, slice open a couple legs and arms, tie some fresh steaks around them and let them be. Tied to a tree, of course!! At night!!