PDA

View Full Version : car alarms

thom
01-12-2005, 12:40 PM
what are some of the better ones?? Anybody have loJack?? I need to install an alarm on my truck. this is the 2nd time they have broken in. I need one that can cover the bed as i have a snugtop on it . any suggestions?

Blownboat
01-12-2005, 12:47 PM
Off the subject Thom, but how is yor boat after that flooded storage yard?

thom
01-12-2005, 01:33 PM
It should be fine.. a little dirty but ok... Where were you this weekend... i stopped by to see the new sled... anyway brian and i poked our head over the fence to get a look. damn that thing is big!!! how does she run??? have you hit the century mark yet

dc96819
01-13-2005, 05:07 AM
I have lowjack and the only thing it does is locate the car.$500 if i remember.

a catered life
01-13-2005, 07:52 AM
remember this if a real theif wants something an alarm will not stop him but a alarm will make some noise and attarct some attention. most theives are not professional and any decent alarm with flashing light and a shock sensor will scare them off but if you want more try a viper they have a model that will page you if it is activated really cool item i put one on my van and truck about $400 each installed

Jordy
01-13-2005, 07:55 AM
Lojack will only help you once you notice your vehicle is missing and make a police report. It doesn't do anything to deter theft or scare off someone looking to jerk your stereo or tools out.

dicudmore
01-13-2005, 07:56 AM
remember this if a real theif wants something an alarm will not stop him but a alarm will make some noise and attarct some attention. most theives are not professional and any decent alarm with flashing light and a shock sensor will scare them off but if you want more try a viper they have a model that will page you if it is activated really cool item i put one on my van and truck about $400 each installed
this is very well said....
NO alarm will even slow down a pro, but will steer away the lesser practiced hopefully

a catered life
01-13-2005, 08:06 AM
WOW some one agrees with me!!!!! :hammerhea :eek:

thom
01-13-2005, 07:01 PM
I think im going to look into the viper.. I like the idea of the notification on the remote.. I agree if they want it they will take it. My problem is i travel and it seems to be happening in hotel parking lots. unfortunaley when i travel i have to keep alot of demos in my truck.. The funny thing is they havent taken anything of real value. I guess thats why they are theives... not smart enough to see whats really in the truck.

HavaTan
01-14-2005, 07:19 PM
Take a look at CrimeStopper. I have it in my truck. It has more modual capabilities than the Viper and costs less.
I have the AutoStart w/Turbo timer, it controls my windows as well, keeps the doors locked while running until I walk up to it, has the LCD pager, blah, blah, blah. It'll do more, like trunk and so on, plus 1 pager can control 2 vehicles independent...That I like a lot!!! :supp:
Look into it, I spent about a month checking out different alarms and such and decided on this because not only did it do more, but it worked very well with the diesel.