PDA

View Full Version : Distance vs Time

Her454
01-12-2005, 01:25 PM
I drive this all the time and people keep telling me Im going the LONG way.
Whats the quickest route from Stockton to Yuma? I usually (unless the Grapevine is closed) take 99 all the way to the Grapevine and over through LA, through Indio and then into El Centro to Yuma.
Otherwise I will take 58 out of Bakersfield to I40 through Havasu/Parker and down through Quartzsite in to Yuma. This ALWAYS takes me longer but people swear its quicker....am I missing something or is there a different route.
AND DONT anyone tell me a plane ticket is quicker either.......... :hammerhea

78Eliminator
01-12-2005, 01:27 PM
You traveling for a little romance?

Mrs.Racer277
01-12-2005, 01:28 PM
Whats the quickest route from Stockton to Yuma? I usually (unless the Grapevine is closed) take 99 all the way to the Grapevine and over through LA, through Indio and then into El Centro to Yuma.
Otherwise I will take 58 out of Bakersfield to I40 through Havasu/Parker and down through Quartzsite in to Yuma. This ALWAYS takes me longer but people swear its quicker....am I missing something or is there a different route.
Right now the 5 over the vine near Castaic is down to 1 lane due to mud slides. :confused:

78Eliminator
01-12-2005, 01:28 PM
If you really want to make good time, you got to travel at night. Leave your house at 9pm. Pack a gun too.

Her454
01-12-2005, 01:30 PM
You traveling for a little romance?
I lived there for 15 years, have alot of friends back there. And yes, maybe. ;)

Unforgiven
01-12-2005, 01:30 PM
damm , your going on a trip again...long drive...picking up something or dropping off?....if you can can you stop at prime marine and pick up the boat??

Her454
01-12-2005, 01:32 PM
If you really want to make good time, you got to travel at night. Leave your house at 9pm. Pack a gun too.
I usually do go at night and I always make better time but I hate driving that after a full day at work. Im usually beat by the time I hit Norco or Indio and then I start hallucinating if jabber jaws isn't with me for the ride.
AND I always carry a gun. Its stupid not to anymore, especially a female traveling alone with my daughter.

Mrs.Racer277
01-12-2005, 01:33 PM
damm , your going on a trip again...long drive...picking up something or dropping off?....if you can can you stop at prime marine and pick up the boat??
Could you please delete some of your PM's. Box is full.
You can delete the ones I have sent. Thanks :rolleyes: :)

Unforgiven
01-12-2005, 01:34 PM
I usually do go at night and I always make better time but I hate driving that after a full day at work. Im usually beat by the time I hit Norco or Indio and then I start hallucinating if jabber jaws isn't with me for the ride.
AND I always carry a gun. Its stupid not to anymore, especially a female traveling alone with my daughter.
she won't like that you called her JABBER JAW on the net....good nickname though..... :hammerhea

Unforgiven
01-12-2005, 01:34 PM
Could you please delete some of your PM's. Box is full.
You can delete the ones I have sent. Thanks :rolleyes: :)
does that mean I have pics coming????

78Eliminator
01-12-2005, 01:36 PM
Get some starbucks before you leave. Also, take a 30 minute nap before you take off. I love traveling at night, for some reason the excitement of the trip wakes me up....

Mrs.Racer277
01-12-2005, 01:36 PM
does that mean I have pics coming????
No I E mailed them.

Her454
01-12-2005, 01:37 PM
she won't like that you called her JABBER JAW on the net....good nickname though..... :hammerhea
Anyone that knows her knows its true. AND for the life of me I cant figure out where she gets that! :D

Her454
01-12-2005, 01:38 PM
Get some starbucks before you leave.
I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU JUST SAID THAT........................ :yuk: :yuk: How long have we been on the boards Justin.....? :)
RedBull is the trick for me.........usually about 4 gets me there....

Unforgiven
01-12-2005, 01:39 PM
Anyone that knows her knows its true. AND for the life of me I cant figure out where she gets that! :D
can't be from you, your so......quite....... :argue:

78Eliminator
01-12-2005, 01:43 PM
I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU JUST SAID THAT........................ :yuk: :yuk: How long have we been on the boards Justin.....? :)
RedBull is the trick for me.........usually about 4 gets me there....
Well, just suck it up and drink it. One large cup will have 10 times the cafeine.

Her454
01-12-2005, 01:51 PM
Well, just suck it up and drink it. One large cup will have 10 times the cafeine.
Seriously, I cant even SMELL coffee or it makes me sick.....literally. I cant stand walking in Safeways or others that have Starbucks in them.....or walking down the coffee aisle in the grocery store........ :supp: :yuk: :yuk:

78Eliminator
01-12-2005, 01:55 PM
So I guess our wedding is off now??? :(

Her454
01-12-2005, 01:59 PM
So I guess our wedding is off now??? :(
Are you proposing? I dont think I can handle any more marital trauma this year Justin, although Im flattered................. :D :cry:

Mrs.Racer277
01-12-2005, 02:04 PM
Are you proposing? I dont think I can handle any more marital trauma this year Justin, although Im flattered................. :D :cry:
And it is only January :rollside: :rollside:

Unforgiven
01-12-2005, 02:27 PM
And it is only January :rollside: :rollside:
I think it's gonna be a busy year for her454...I wonder what t-shirt sales would be once everyone knows she's gonna be racing again :idea:
hmmm I think an idea has cum up!!!! :D

Her454
01-12-2005, 02:32 PM
I think it's gonna be a busy year for her454...I wonder what t-shirt sales would be once everyone knows she's gonna be racing again :idea:
hmmm I think an idea has cum up!!!! :D
The only "racing" this girl will be doing this year is to the icechest. :)

Unforgiven
01-12-2005, 02:34 PM
We'll see....wonder what she's gonna name this boat??The only "racing" this girl will be doing this year is to the icechest. :)

HCS
01-12-2005, 02:35 PM
She'll make that trip over and over. But you have to hand deliver the blower. :messedup:

Unforgiven
01-12-2005, 02:36 PM
She'll make that trip over and over. But you have to hand deliver the blower. :messedup:
I tell you what....it was the BEST trip I made to take her the blower....I'll do it again with the boat...and whatever she wants.. :cry:

Jordy
01-12-2005, 03:23 PM
especially a female traveling alone with my daughter.
If you're traveling with your daughter, are you really alone? Or is that alone together? Or just plain together. :D

Unforgiven
01-12-2005, 03:27 PM
If you're traveling with your daughter, are you really alone? Or is that alone together? Or just plain together. :D
depends on what mood her daughters in...you could be alone or wish you were!!! she'd kick my ass if she read that, actually she's a great kid...I don't think she could drive a boat better than her mom but great kid...still can't understand why she likes TONY S so much...funny thing is my daughter thinks he's the shit too!!
so is she really alone or alone together....Guess Traci will have to answer this one....

Desert Rat
01-12-2005, 03:32 PM
On the topic, I like the 99-58-40 myself. Quite a few more places to stop if you need to and with the 5 all it takes is a couple of big rigs drag racing side by side (at 56mph) to really ruin my trip!

Her454
01-12-2005, 03:47 PM
On the topic, I like the 99-58-40 myself. Quite a few more places to stop if you need to and with the 5 all it takes is a couple of big rigs drag racing side by side (at 56mph) to really ruin my trip!
5 is never an option, I hate driving 5. Only take it if Im headed to Pismo.

Her454
01-12-2005, 03:47 PM
In my best Valley Girl Voice.....Oh My God........Im so confused?!

Unforgiven
01-12-2005, 04:05 PM
5 is never an option, I hate driving 5. Only take it if Im headed to Pismo.
pismo...hmmm thats a good place to go to....

coolchange
01-12-2005, 04:47 PM
If your goin through LA your lost. J/K After you go through Valencia Look for the 210 and take it all the way to the 15 then south to the 10 east to Indio.

Her454
01-12-2005, 04:49 PM
If your goin through LA your lost. J/K After you go through Valencia Look for the 210 and take it all the way to the 15 then south to the 10 east to Indio.
I think thats the way I go...........I go through LA, past Magic Mountain and then run it hard through BEAUMONT and on to Indio...is that the same way...?

Unforgiven
01-12-2005, 04:59 PM
I think thats the way I go...........I go through LA, past Magic Mountain and then run it hard through BEAUMONT and on to Indio...is that the same way...?
it's just as you pass magic mountain, you'll see the 210 east...san berdo.. ends up on the 10...after a few jogs here and there..

atomickitn
01-12-2005, 09:06 PM
We'll see....wonder what she's gonna name this boat??
BITCH SLAP.... :D

Her454
01-13-2005, 09:05 AM
BITCH SLAP.... :D
very funny........................... :argue:

Unforgiven
01-13-2005, 01:45 PM
I think this one will be called.....JELLO SHOT.....

topless
01-13-2005, 01:55 PM
I think this one will be called.....JELLO SHOT.....
Maybe you could call it SOULMATE since thats where you're from! :wink:

Her454
01-13-2005, 01:58 PM
...........I prefer ........"Lady In Drag" or "Transom Dancin" :)

Unforgiven
01-13-2005, 02:27 PM
I'm not quite sure about the name but this number keeps popping in my head
But then again... Sparks in the night.........

cruser
01-13-2005, 02:27 PM
"DRAGN LADY" or "LADY DRAGN" (He said cautiously, since he doesn't know you)...

Her454
01-13-2005, 02:30 PM
"DRAGN LADY" or "LADY DRAGN" (He said cautiously, since he doesn't know you)...
Thats pretty funny....................but like I said, the only racing Im doing is to the IceChest..............
Although I wouldnt mind taking a certain K Boat for spin...........hint hint. :cool:

Unforgiven
01-13-2005, 02:32 PM
Thats pretty funny....................but like I said, the only racing Im doing is to the IceChest..............
Although I wouldnt mind taking a certain K Boat for spin...........hint hint. :cool:
remember last time you rode in that boat...hmmm still have that scene in my mind....nice but look at the bruise.......or but that was your sisters butt :hammer2:

Her454
01-13-2005, 02:34 PM
Stringers are not very comfortable at 140mph. :yuk:
remember last time you rode in that boat...hmmm still have that scene in my mind....nice but look at the bruise.......or but that was your sisters butt :hammer2:
LOL, we both have the same bruise..... :cry:

Unforgiven
01-13-2005, 02:44 PM
Stringers are not very comfortable at 140mph. :yuk:
LOL, we both have the same bruise..... :cry:
hmmm, I can't imagine that :D