PDA

View Full Version : BOATPIX.com

JB in so cal
01-12-2005, 02:34 PM
Anyone ever ordered from them?
I was at Havasu the same weekend as a Poker Run and they snapped some shots of us running up to The Sandbar. I'm a little leery of the "We'll send you the pics, take the ones you like and we'll bill you" thing;
$100 for 8" X10"! :sqeyes:
JB

C-2
01-12-2005, 02:51 PM
You sure it wasn't Marv from Pix N Flix, in a gyro-copter?

JB in so cal
01-12-2005, 02:58 PM
Nope. Got a letter in the mail. Order form. Prices. Date of the photos and where.
The web site has no way to look at the photos unless you're lucky to be a sail bote in a regatta or something.

THOR
01-12-2005, 03:11 PM
I tried to but they wont ever return a call or get back to my messages.
Fukk em.

INSman
01-12-2005, 08:58 PM
I tried them personally and was it is certainly strange how they do business, but they do some major ocean type events.
Long story short, (I was at the same Poker Run, same area) filled out the paperwork, gave them the credit card along with my CF #'s, and the pictures DID arrive as promised.
They came in a large photo tube. I personally thought the quality of the photos they took of our boat were realtively grainey. They are legit though. I returned all the photos with a nice "thanks but no thanks" letter and the credit card was never charged.
If you really want the photos, they will come! You just won't know how much you will like them until they actually arrive. No likey, no keepy !!