PDA

View Full Version : Any Colorado folks?...........

Ziggy
01-12-2005, 03:54 PM
That could give me info on Creste Butte. Coming that way for a quick ski trip in a couple weeks and may want to get into town and check it out.
Any tips or recommendations on where/what to do?
Many thanks. :)

Sleek-Jet
01-12-2005, 06:51 PM
That could give me info on Creste Butte. Coming that way for a quick ski trip in a couple weeks and may want to get into town and check it out.
Any tips or recommendations on where/what to do?
Many thanks. :)
Well, you could always drink, and ski... :D
Crested Butte is a cool town, it kinda like the ski towns in Colorado used to be. The main drag is lined with bars, just start at one end and work your way to the other.. :D There used to be a bar called the "Power House" that had 140 different kinds of Tequila, that's always a favorite...
If you are going to fly in, you'll need to try to get a flight into Gunnison, Montrose, and possibly Grand Junction. Gunnison is closest and Montrose is a couple hours away by SUV.
I've stayed at the Mariot on the mountain before and it's a ski in-ski out Hotel.
Have fun... :D

Ziggy
01-13-2005, 03:02 PM
Well, you could always drink, and ski... :D
Crested Butte is a cool town, it kinda like the ski towns in Colorado used to be. The main drag is lined with bars, just start at one end and work your way to the other.. :D There used to be a bar called the "Power House" that had 140 different kinds of Tequila, that's always a favorite...
If you are going to fly in, you'll need to try to get a flight into Gunnison, Montrose, and possibly Grand Junction. Gunnison is closest and Montrose is a couple hours away by SUV.
I've stayed at the Mariot on the mountain before and it's a ski in-ski out Hotel.
Have fun... :D
I think were flying into Gunnison via Denver. We're getting a shuttle to take us to the resort area. Supposedly there is a hotel shuttle around the resort area and another that takes you into the Town area too.
Thanks for the tips young man :wink: :p Tequila is the wifes choice of fluids :)

Sleek-Jet
01-13-2005, 09:46 PM
Not a problem.
Take your long handles Zig.... it get's cooooooold in Gunnison and Crested Butte.
The good news is it had snowed like a motha in that part of the world the last couple weeks, should be good skiing, have fun. :clover:

Ziggy
01-14-2005, 05:09 PM
Not a problem.
Take your long handles Zig.... it get's cooooooold in Gunnison and Crested Butte.
The good news is it had snowed like a motha in that part of the world the last couple weeks, should be good skiing, have fun. :clover:
I'm getting scared about the cold temps :eek: :( ---I'm a wuss when it comes to that :220v:
Hope the skiing goes well for me---we'll see how long the knee holds out, or maybe I'll come back with a wobble-socket leg :p

Seadog
01-18-2005, 06:42 AM
I just got back from Powderhorn near Grand Junction. The skiing was great. The most snow we have seen in a dozen years. It just depends on what you like. We have relatives that love Wolf Creek and to us, it is just OK. Crested Butte has a lot going for it, but sometimes it is what is happening at a particular week that gives you the impression for the rest of your life.