PDA

View Full Version : directions to Lake Smellsinore

Essex29
01-12-2005, 05:05 PM
anyone care to post some directions to the lake? Coming from LA.

77charger
01-12-2005, 05:15 PM
get to the 15south go towards san diego til you get to central ave or (74 west)go right or west til you come to the lake.There is an exit before that i use but dont know the name.

JustMVG
01-12-2005, 09:42 PM
Get off at Nichols turn right at the first left turn left, go to the first light turn right follow the road till you get to West Marina.

Mrs. casean
01-13-2005, 08:21 AM
Last I heard it was closed because of the bacteria level? Better make sure before you head over there.

ChumpChange
01-13-2005, 09:52 AM
Follow your nose! It always knows.

a catered life
01-13-2005, 12:46 PM
gotta be near corona :2purples:

roostwear
01-13-2005, 01:44 PM
Go there while you can. LINK (http://www.boating-industry.com/output.cfm?id=921763) Things may change....

Danhercules
01-13-2005, 05:50 PM
From the 15s you can also get off on Lake st, trun Rt. Make a left on Lincoln. That will take to Lake Shore DR, turn Rt and the Marinas are on your Left.
Thats the quickest way from the north.

al cole'holic
01-13-2005, 07:25 PM
..not such a great place for a lake test if that's why you're heading there, I got gaffled for doing 35 on that piss bowl :angry2:

Essex29
01-13-2005, 07:34 PM
..not such a great place for a lake test if that's why you're heading there, I got gaffled for doing 35 on that piss bowl :angry2:
I'm glad you told me that....gotta try another lake

hugh jascock
01-13-2005, 07:57 PM
yea, you should find a lake that has a high speed zone in the middle!
that would be perfect even if you had to wear a 100 mph rated jacket and a orange helmet if you go over 80 mph. i wonder where a lake like that exists here in so cal? :hammerhea

Danhercules
01-13-2005, 08:47 PM
You did somthin wrong then. I go a lot. 35 when going around, and in the middle is WFO!!!! But if you over 80, then you need all the BS.
I make full runs outside the speed zone, but gotta keep an eye open.

hugh jascock
01-13-2005, 09:00 PM
i'm thinking maybe al cole'holic was at puddingstone! now that is a 35 mph piss hole. :hammer2:

RiverToysJas
01-14-2005, 12:28 AM
I'm glad you told me that....gotta try another lake
al cole'holic is wrong! That is the BEST lake to test at, and is where all the builders in the IE test. It's also where many Speed-Skiers test and tune. It's the ONLY lake in So Cal (maybe all of Ca.) to have an unlimited speed area. So you can test the boat at all throttle positions.
I tested my first Lavey there! ;)
RTJas :D

revndave
01-14-2005, 07:30 AM
I think lake is closed to the 20th.Call city and check

al cole'holic
01-14-2005, 09:41 AM
...sorry if I am wrong, just stating what has happened to me before. Took a Nordic out from Inland, got a C hair over 35 and was yanked and really f'd with. Tried to run a couple of nice S turns, got hassled....hit the trailer right then. :)

Havasu_Dreamin
01-14-2005, 09:45 AM
They have a speed zone in the middle of the lake. I assume you are going to lake test the Alandra you asked about earlier this week. If so, no problems, assuming the lake is open. I was there for some testing with our Alandra in September and had no problems running wide open in the speed zone.

WUTWZAT
01-14-2005, 07:03 PM
Thats really too bad you were given a hard time. I have been there my fair share of the time and have never been hassled by the LE in the least bit. They seem to be fair and even handed and keep good order with out having a big head. Plus they have their hands full with underage and no experience water craft riders. I don't want to accuse anyone of anything but maybe you just did something that caught their attention. Just becareful thats Demonstzta's lake and don't let him catch you pissing in it ;) .
I give the Lake Elsinore Law Enforcement a thumbs up, remember the problems with fights from locals that they resolved quickly. It only happened like twice in a couple of weekends and they calmed it all down and kept the peace.
Jason

77charger
01-14-2005, 07:50 PM
...sorry if I am wrong, just stating what has happened to me before. Took a Nordic out from Inland, got a C hair over 35 and was yanked and really f'd with. Tried to run a couple of nice S turns, got hassled....hit the trailer right then. :)
dont know what you did but i have been watched by the man make a 100+pass and not in the speed zone but another part of the lake that had glass water oh no baffles either.was wearing all proper safety gear too.BTW there aint another lake in so cal that has so much leniency.Let me see alcohol is allowed,a speed zone,dont het bothered as much.

Essex29
01-14-2005, 08:28 PM
The lake is closed...along with Perris so Castaic will have to do..

revndave
01-15-2005, 07:43 AM
The lake is closed...along with Perris so Castaic will have to do..
Did they say when it will open again?I have to test my new set up.

Essex29
01-15-2005, 07:49 AM
They said hopefully by the end of next week.