PDA

View Full Version : Fair Warning

***boat
01-13-2005, 09:27 AM
A new site is coming soon so stock up on food, water, flashlights and blankets. All joking aside be prepared for a new site to launch within a couple of weeks. The forums will not be affected much with the exception of some style changes. Aside from the people who don't like anything new I think people will like the new format. The forums are no longer as isolated as they used to be and the site is more content based and should serve as a good place to go for boating news and so on.
A couple of things to be prepared for:
1. The current image center software was bloated and slowing down the whole site. We have changed software completely however due to the password hash created by the old software forwarding the user names to the new system may not work out. The new software however will make it far easier to manage and upload photos. The system is also far faster and easy to keep clean. (Note: all the images from the old system will stay in the same place as an archive.)
2. ***boat.com will be looking for events input. If you know of an event please PM me with details. Our goal is to have a very complete event calendar. We are looking for all events especial the smaller ones. The get together up at Pete's place a couple of months back would have been a perfect example of what I would like to put in the new events calendar.
3. Hot Boat cannot cover every event out there. We are going to start using posts in the forums to generate on-line articles, and asking forum members to submit some pictures and short text about events they have attended. Anyone interested please let me know. If anyone has been to an event recently and wants to send some pics and short text about the event PM me please.
4. Members section is going to be slowly phased out.
5. ... For the rest you will just have to wait and see.

harleypauls
01-13-2005, 09:33 AM
:2purples: :2purples: :2purples: :2purples: :2purples: :eek: :eek: :eek:

beer hunter
01-13-2005, 09:34 AM
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9215&stc=1

Her454
01-13-2005, 09:35 AM
Im one of the stubborn ones who hate change but it all sounds good. I just sent you a ton of event info for Nor & South Calif events 05'.

Jordy
01-13-2005, 09:38 AM
Im one of the stubborn ones who hate change but it all sounds good. I just sent you a ton of event info for Nor & South Calif events 05'.
You mean like the Moonshine Nationals, the Opossum Cookoff, the Roadkill Finals??? Good times T. :D :D :D

Her454
01-13-2005, 09:43 AM
You mean like the Moonshine Nationals, the Opossum Cookoff, the Roadkill Finals??? Good times T. :D :D :D
You forgot Mullet Mountain Skunk Days and the Coyote Flat Test & Tune... :D

Jordy
01-13-2005, 09:44 AM
You forgot Mullet Mountain Skunk Days and the Coyote Flat Test & Tune... :D
Man, how could I ever forget those???? :confused: :jawdrop: :D

MsDrmr
01-13-2005, 09:50 AM
sounds like we better like it or leave :rolleyes: Im sure ya know what your doin...

LHC Kirby
01-13-2005, 10:04 AM
Are we doomed? :shift:

Havasu_Dreamin
01-13-2005, 10:19 AM
I didn't realize there still was a members area.

Ziggy
01-13-2005, 12:11 PM
I thought it was against the rules to have pictures of "members" on here :D
The thrills and frills of software updates :shift: shape shifting the place once again........

Liberator TJ1984
01-13-2005, 12:32 PM
With all the Crazy Shit happenin' in the World Right now :eek:
shoulda seen this Coming Too :devil:

***boat
01-13-2005, 12:43 PM
Exactly...

***boat
01-13-2005, 12:45 PM
Thank you and thanks to all the other members that have already sent in a flood of events. We can always use more though.

HCS
01-13-2005, 01:09 PM
Do you need people to help cover all the events? How much does it pay?
I'm up!!!

Froggystyle
01-13-2005, 01:48 PM
It's next to the magazine...

Kim Hanson
01-13-2005, 01:56 PM
I just hope it doesn't take out my picture posting here ***boat.......( . )( . ).......I need that Media Center :cry:

JetBoatRich
01-13-2005, 01:56 PM
what is a member area :idea:

Debbolas
01-13-2005, 01:57 PM
Dear Mr. Hot Boat Sir: :D
Do we get t-shirts?
:D Deb :D

HCS
01-13-2005, 02:38 PM
what is a member area :idea:
It's where your member is. :D