PDA

View Full Version : Aggressor... or Legend?

Eliminator Fan
08-20-2001, 09:11 AM
I'm doing a mild rebuild on my drive, and a buddy of mine is replacing his. I chose to go with aggressor parts, including the bowl, and he is just about finished installing a new Legend set-back pump.
What are your guys favorites, and why?

jeff-in-ky
08-20-2001, 09:19 AM
YIKES!!!!!!!! here we go again. Bottom line all are good, some are bad whatever you have in your boat that works would be my favorite.

HBjet
08-20-2001, 09:27 AM
EF, unless your going to be racing, changing out the bowls won't give you a noticable difference, that is unless your current bowl is trashed. What I recommend is you look into your wallet, and see how much you can spend, and get the best for that amount. Switching to an Aggressor, Legend, AT, or whatever will give you basically the same results for pleasure boating. It all comes down to cost.
Good Luck!
HBjet
PS, what pump are you using now?

rivercrazy
08-20-2001, 09:31 AM
I agree with HBjet. You won't notice any difference in this application. I'd go with the manufacturer that offers the best support and warranty. Dominator, AT, Legend are the brands to go with in my opinion.

chet's mother
08-20-2001, 09:34 AM
As my son Chet say's everything is better with an Agressor on it, or was it Blue Bonnet
but thats just what he says.

Eliminator Fan
08-20-2001, 10:00 AM
I have to laugh... after posting this seemingly innocent query, I went on to read the 'Berk mods' thread. Holy shit.
Ok, here we go... I chose the agg bowl for... are you ready for this?? The lube type. I've been running a Berk JC with the 90wt. program, and I keep loosing tail bushings.
My boat is the Eliminator 21ft sport cruiser. I use it for skiing about 4 days a week, but the cause for all the concern is that I operate it in about 4 feet of water or less the entire time, so it gets alot of silt pumped through it. With the stock, water and oil setup, it was costing me a set of bushings AND an impeller every season. So when I learned that Agg had a different seal in the bowl, and that they pump the bushing full of grease, I thought I'd try it.
So... I've spent my money...but tell me, is there a better way?
I discovered this forum after beginning the rebuild.

Eliminator Fan
08-20-2001, 10:06 AM
PS...its a 460 with maybe 400hp. I live at 5000 feet elevation and I get just under 60 (on a speedo) and I'm looking forward to that instant 20 mph with my new agg bowl.(wink, wink)

ChetCapoli
08-20-2001, 10:07 AM
I'd really like to know what you had in your head by using those parts that wear out, grenade,have no warrenty at all AND not have the one and only pump guy redo your pump? You would have even got a years worth of donuts packaged in courtesy of "the donut club".
Cannoli racing inc.
P.S. BTW, my mom passed away 3 years ago.

spectras only
08-20-2001, 10:23 AM
Eliminator fan,Dominator did pump grease in their bowl for ages,so is AT,I've been pumping grease in my 1976 berk since 1978,so what's new? http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

flat broke
08-20-2001, 11:37 AM
chet=troll

Slow Boat 001
08-20-2001, 11:45 AM
Any one have a web address for Aggressor ?

spectras only
08-20-2001, 12:01 PM
Slowboat,Agressor has a ph# only,1-800-246-5075

spectras only
08-20-2001, 12:02 PM
Slowboat,Aggressor has a ph# only,1-800-246-5075

flat broke
08-20-2001, 12:04 PM
Slow boat, here is the URL for Aggressor.
http://www.aggressorjetdrives.com/
Have fun,
Chris

rivercrazy
08-20-2001, 12:19 PM
Spectra's right. AT's and Dominators have had the grease/zirc systems for many years.

spectras only
08-20-2001, 12:24 PM
Flat broke ,thanks for correcting me, I've been on aggressor's site before [memory lapse, http://free.***boat.net/ubb/eek.gif?

GL360
08-20-2001, 02:06 PM
My Jacuzzi WJ has a grease zerk. And an impeller reworked by MPD.

froggystyle
08-20-2001, 03:05 PM
OOOOOOHHHHHHH You did it now! You mentioned Jack while Chet was around! Standby guys. Rig fenders, prepare for boarding! hehe

Dimarco Kid
08-20-2001, 04:00 PM
Hey Eliminator Fan,
You can thank me later for stopping by, I seem to have a way with starting a "pissin' contest" within the jet boat forum!!! LOL
Holy Shit is right about my "Berk Mods"!!
Hold on bubba, you might be goin' for a ride!
Dimarco Kid

Dimarco Kid
08-20-2001, 04:04 PM
Hey Chet,
It worries me that your mom came back and is now posting on ***boat. Tell her that nobody ment anything bad they said!!! Ask her if v-drive guys get to go to heaven? I hope so.
Dimarco Kid

chet's mother
08-20-2001, 05:56 PM
Yes DK, there is even a heaven for the v-drive fan, but it's far from the Jet heaven we love soo... Chet lite'n up a little

Slow Boat 001
08-20-2001, 06:18 PM
Thanks for the ph# and the web address

Dimarco Kid
08-20-2001, 06:29 PM
Hey Chet's mum,
Thanks for the reassuring words, I own a v-drive hydro, but I am trying to redeem myself by buying a jet boat. God bless blow jobs, I mean boats, BLOW BOATS!
Your loving choir boy,
Dimarco Kid

ChetCapoli
08-20-2001, 08:31 PM
hey eliminator fan,
Would you be so kind as to let us viewers here know how much slower/faster you went by bolting on the stuff that nobody but me likes. Then maybe i can be put out of my misery once and for all.
thanks in advance http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
Chet

Eliminator Fan
08-20-2001, 09:06 PM
Well guys, when I first got this boat about 4 years ago, and had to do a pump rebuild because it was trashed, I tried to get educated the old fashined way, by calling around to different shops listed in the back of Hot Boat. I got the usual "not-very-interested-in-helping-you-unless-you-are-spending-a-ton-of-money-here" type of responses, until I happened to Call....FREE ADVERTISING PLUG HERE... Big A clear out in Tennesee. Johnny spent about half an hour on the phone with me offering ideas and tips, and was very helpful. They sell Berk, Dom and Agg parts, and offered info on all brands. I chose the agg parts myself without any arm twisting, and without actually talking to agg. I thought I blew up an agg impeller one year and called agg directly, they sent me a new one before I even removed my old one to inspect it. Closer inspection showed that a piece of debris had got in between the impeller and the wear ring and had began that really cool machining process that a few of us have seen. So, as far as warranty, I don't have a prob with agg yet, they warranteed their product even though it was not defective. I had just ran too much shit through it.
The rebuild that I'm in the middle of now was caused by me 'flying' the boat off of the three to four foot rollers that appear on our lake on occasion. Repeatedly unloading the pump and suddenly loading it caused the bearing to fail, er explode.
Anyone know how to jump proof a Berkley?? http://free.***boat.net/ubb/rolleyes.gif