PDA

View Full Version : LA Auto Show

riverracerx
01-13-2005, 11:02 AM
Went last night. Not a bad show..not a good show. Some cool stuff to see:
My favorites (by class and price)
Autos:
Mercedes CLS
A step forward from their current design. Has nice swooping lines and looks sleek. Fills the gap between the S and E class. Sweet ride!
Lexus GS
My personal favorite auto of the show. This car rocks and looks so much better in person than in photos. Tight looking car and luxurious interior.
Chrysler 300
This thing is bold and the new SRT8 has 425HP! Damn. Chrysler has come a long way and I think they have the BEST domestic car lineup available.
Dodge Magnum
Pleasantly suprised with this vehicle. Same interior as a Chrysler 300 but tons of room in the back. And the way the hatch is designed makes getting things in and out easier. If you have a full size something already but still want lots of room, this one is worth looking at. You can also get the SRT8 in it. Did I say DAMN...
Mitsubishi Eclipse
The last model choked on it's own vomit, the previous version was a street racers dream car. Now they are back in the drivers seat. You will surely see a ton of these screaming around. If I was 20 I would buy one tomorrow.
Saturn Sky
This 2 seat raodster was a Saturn? No way. And it is in production already. No way. Looked like a concept car. This could get Saturn out of the mundain/ordinary category. Cool little car.
Trucks/SUVs
Not much new to look at here...
Volvo XC90
My wifes favorite (and most likely our next vehicle)
The third row seats in this thing are pretty cool how they fold away. Comfortable, roomy and very upscale looking interior. And always..a very safe vehicle. I like the way the windows all flow together to make it look longer and sleeker
GMC Envoy Denali
My wife liked this one too. First time I had ever even really looked at one. Nice inside if you don't want to drive a full size but still need to space.
Ford F150
My favorite full size truck. There isn't a better interior in a full size. I like it better than my Escalade. Only flaw on the Lariat is the wood looks so cheesy. Blah! The FX4 has a killer dash and some nice front seats.
Disappointments:
Lincoln Mark something truck
What the hell. I can glue chrome on the side of an F150 cheaper. I can paint the dash a different color too. The seats have piping..oooh! And the floormats are softer. Same HP as the Ford..BOOOO I want more HP. There is nothing noteworthy on this truck that would make me buy it over the Ford.
VW Jetta
Can you say Toyota Corolla. The front grill was the only thing kinda cool on this car. The old Jetta had character apart from the Japanese contenders, now it just blends in with them.
Ford and GM autos
Their domestic car lineup all suck. Their designs are mundain, boring and the interiors are plastic crap. Take a design cue from Chrysler and go back to the drawing board.
So there you have it. Show is fun, but with little crowds you can get through it in about 2-3 hours and be sufficiently bored. What do I want to buy now??
:(

Lightning
01-13-2005, 11:27 AM
Did Volvo have the S60R on display, saw that one at the San Diego show - what a sweet ride.

bohica
01-13-2005, 11:31 AM
[QUOTE=riverracerx]Volvo XC90
Stay away from Volvo. Made a big mistake and bought a V70 witht he high pressure turbo T5 motor a few years back. Biggest piece of shiat I ever owned. Volvo's are notorious for electrical problems, and I can vouch for that. You'll be burning out light bulbs on a monthly basis. Spent 40K on that car, and was so pissed I traded it in 2 years later for 12K. :mad:

riverracerx
01-13-2005, 11:47 AM
The XC90 now comes with a V8 that is produced by Yamaha. It is supposed to be a very reliable and proven motor. And now that Ford owns part of Volvo I understand they are sharing secrets. The new Ford SUVs are incorporating the Volvo safety technology and the Volvos are gaining production value in Fords automation advancements.
Don't know if this makes them a better car now, but so they say. Bummer you got a bad one. :frown:
Didn't see the other Volvo, but wasn't really looking. They have a nice looking new V50 sports wagon that is pretty cool too.

SoCalOffshore
01-14-2005, 07:55 AM
Without a doubt my favorite was the C6 Z06 and all of its 500 HP. There will be one of those in my driveway next year. I currently have an '02 Z06 with only 10,000 miles on it. I also liked the new Cadillac STS V, 440 supercharged horsepower. I wish they had the Chrysler 300 SRT, but the Magnum SRT was sweet. As RRX said earlier, the Saturn coupe is a hot little roadster.

SoCal_fun
01-14-2005, 10:54 PM
Going to the show on Sunday. We'll check it out and see whats what.
How were the accessory displays??

Kilrtoy
01-15-2005, 12:23 AM
Without a doubt my favorite was the C6 Z06 and all of its 500 HP. There will be one of those in my driveway next year. I currently have an '02 Z06 with only 10,000 miles on it. I also liked the new Cadillac STS V, 440 supercharged horsepower. I wish they had the Chrysler 300 SRT, but the Magnum SRT was sweet. As RRX said earlier, the Saturn coupe is a hot little roadster.
Whats the top speed on that.......referring to your 02 Z06

Kilrtoy
01-15-2005, 12:25 AM
[QUOTE=riverracerx]Volvo XC90
Stay away from Volvo. Made a big mistake and bought a V70 witht he high pressure turbo T5 motor a few years back. Biggest piece of shiat I ever owned. Volvo's are notorious for electrical problems, and I can vouch for that. You'll be burning out light bulbs on a monthly basis. Spent 40K on that car, and was so pissed I traded it in 2 years later for 12K. :mad:
Parents bought a new VOLVO in 1968, it broke down in the parking lot as they were driving off.........
That car was never right.....

SoCalOffshore
01-15-2005, 11:21 AM
Whats the top speed on that.......referring to your 02 Z06
I think about 176 mph. The Z's have gearing to limit top end and still get 25 mpg on the freeway. It is the 0 to 60 or 60 to 140 which is the key. They just plain haul as*. Your C6 would be very close in speed to my Z, although all Z's are manual 6 speeds.

BeetleJuice
01-15-2005, 11:30 AM
VW had an awesome display and the new Jetta is a winner! Other than that it was pretty much a boring show. :sleeping:

Kilrtoy
01-15-2005, 11:39 AM
I think about 176 mph. The Z's have gearing to limit top end and still get 25 mpg on the freeway. It is the 0 to 60 or 60 to 140 which is the key. They just plain haul as*. Your C6 would be very close in speed to my Z, although all Z's are manual 6 speeds.
I think I might just be able to take you, wanna find out.
Albeit, I have a auto, so it is a little slow off the line.

Flying Tiger
01-15-2005, 06:15 PM
The Chevy HHR, a 4 door remake of the 1949 Suburban was pretty cool,, and ya can order one..
Drawback was no towing info available. Thats a bad sign.

SoCalOffshore
01-15-2005, 10:11 PM
I think I might just be able to take you, wanna find out.
Albeit, I have a auto, so it is a little slow off the line.
A Z06 is faster than a C6. A little more horsepower, less weight and a 6 speed.

Kilrtoy
01-15-2005, 11:36 PM
Ok after some research, I see the 02 is when they did the serious changes, 01 I will beat with no doubt, Now if you smoke those tires or even bobble a shift, I have you....I still think we should find out....

SoCalOffshore
01-16-2005, 12:51 AM
Ok let me get my new tires first. I need all my traction. :D

Umongus
01-16-2005, 01:56 PM
Went last Saturday....I think these were my favorites :D
Tony
http://www.freepichosting.com/Thumbs/421571955/9/1.jpg
http://www.freepichosting.com/Thumbs/421571955/10/1.jpg

Umongus
01-16-2005, 02:00 PM
These were cool too though......
Tony
http://www.freepichosting.com/Thumbs/421571955/11/1.jpg
http://www.freepichosting.com/Thumbs/421571955/12/1.jpg

SoCalOffshore
01-16-2005, 08:23 PM
Went last Saturday....I think these were my favorites :D
Tony
http://www.freepichosting.com/Thumbs/421571955/9/1.jpg
http://www.freepichosting.com/Thumbs/421571955/10/1.jpg
They must have gotten a good deal hiring them. :D

Kilrtoy
01-16-2005, 08:47 PM
Yeah a 20 Rock and 2 1/4 pounders with cheese did the trick....

a catered life
01-17-2005, 07:45 AM
They must have gotten a good deal hiring them. :D
i agree yuk :yuk: chop of all the heads and give them a good bath

SHOTKALLIN
01-17-2005, 07:09 PM
yeah right if they were topless at the sandbar it would be all good. you guys would be offering to let them use your own personal beer bong! :D

Kilrtoy
01-17-2005, 08:21 PM
yeah right if they were topless at the sandbar it would be all good. you guys would be offering to let them use your own personal beer bong! :D
Only to see them do sick shiat to each other, they are still ugly, the one in the baby blue shorts would work, she is alright

Umongus
01-17-2005, 08:27 PM
Hey, the older I get, the lowers my standards get :D :D :D
Tony :D :eek:

SoCalOffshore
01-17-2005, 09:16 PM
they just look cheap and like they just got off the street. But, what the hell!!! :idea:

emjay
01-17-2005, 09:24 PM
I was working downstairs in Kentia hall where these
girls were kept penned up. Rumor had it that these "models"
had more body lines than the new Mustang.
.....And the 2005 camel-toe award goes to.....??? :D