PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone get me a weekend pass for Puddingstone/Irvine Lake??

ssmike
01-13-2005, 01:04 PM
Rumor has it that Earl is finishing the Natique.....
I'd like to test the ss motor this weekend.... Anyone??

uclahater
01-13-2005, 01:21 PM
Why not go to elsinore :idea: There alot more wake board boat friendly :D :D :D

dmontzsta
01-13-2005, 01:36 PM
yeah, you should go to Elsinore, it is nice and high right now and not many people on the lake at all. Let me know if you are planning on going down there, if I am not busy I would like to meet you there.

dossangers
01-13-2005, 01:48 PM
And It Looks Damn Fast! Very Nice Mike Go To Smellsommore Youll Be Fine

Rexone
01-13-2005, 02:03 PM
Puddingstone water is half way up the parking lot/picnic areas. (closed)
The gardeners are not gonna be happy. :)

ssmike
01-13-2005, 03:40 PM
yeah, you should go to Elsinore, it is nice and high right now and not many people on the lake at all. Let me know if you are planning on going down there, if I am not busy I would like to meet you there.
Umm,
no mufflers, no water, no registration, no CF numbers (race boat), out-of-state trailer tags
I figured they wouldn't be too happy to let me test....

eraser
01-13-2005, 04:23 PM
Hey Mike, If you want to wait about 2 weeks you could join sangerboy and I up at Lake Casitas. we'll be shakin down the new "eraser" :idea: :idea: If we are lucky. :D :D In regard to your other issues, I have a small amount of influence with the local authorities ;) ;) ;)

dmontzsta
01-13-2005, 04:27 PM
Umm,
no mufflers, no water, no registration, no CF numbers (race boat), out-of-state trailer tags
I figured they wouldn't be too happy to let me test....
Any way you could put mufflers in? You should be fine with everything else. The lady at Marina West checks for mufflers but no CF numbers, tags or anything.
Actually, Dave Sammons brought his boat out there with a couple of other race boats, pretty sure they didnt have mufflers :idea: you might want to ask him or maybe he will chime in.
One thing is, not alot of cops there right now, you might be able to talk Sandbarscot (Elsinore cop) into letting you tear it up. :D

ssmike
01-13-2005, 04:34 PM
Any way you could put mufflers in? You should be fine with everything else. The lady at Marina West checks for mufflers but no CF numbers, tags or anything.
Actually, Dave Sammons brought his boat out there with a couple of other race boats, pretty sure they didnt have mufflers :idea: you might want to ask him or maybe he will chime in.
One thing is, not alot of cops there right now, you might be able to talk Sandbarscot (Elsinore cop) into letting you tear it up. :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/411.JPG
No such thing as mufflers for Leach headers/burns collector.... :)
Maybe I'll PM Dave or SandbarScott...thanks for the heads up

dmontzsta
01-13-2005, 05:11 PM
Maybe I'll PM Dave or SandbarScott...thanks for the heads up
hehe, Didnt know those were on there. You are right!
You could launch at cranes and probably have no problems, the key is getting there early, like 6-7am the cops roll in around 9-10am, that was in the summer, they might not go at all in the winter.

Sangster
01-13-2005, 06:35 PM
Rumor has it that Earl is finishing the Natique.....
I'd like to test the ss motor this weekend.... Anyone??
Earl.......That's Funny.... :cool: :cool: :cool:

uclahater
01-13-2005, 07:24 PM
I went to Elsinore 2 years ago, and had no problems. I know Rankin , and Gordy test their sometimes :crossx: :crossx:

Fired Up
01-14-2005, 10:04 PM
Eraser,
FYI....Don't even think about Casitas right now. There is so much debris in the lake your prop will have a whole new "twist" to it when you are done. I spent several days on duty in the Ojai Valley during the floods/storms. Several roads are still impassable. At best road conditions are tough even for residents in some areas. It took me almost three hours to get out of the Ojai Valley tuesday morning. The lake did fill considerably, which is great for spring tuning. We are just going to have to wait until the debris settles down, gets cleaned up or drifts to the shoreline. Just a matter of time. Alot of water flowing into the lake now. Casitas Springs road was still closed last time I checked...several slides.

BILLY.B
01-16-2005, 08:16 AM
Mike your a lawyer now right. So take it to Puddingstone run the crap out of it and when the cop pulls you over you can talk your way out of it :argue: . Thats what you get paid to do right?. Not only that you'll get some much needed practice while your having fun :idea: :D :D

coolchange
01-16-2005, 06:07 PM
Man those div/conv collectors must sound sweet. Doesn't Ming have test and tune Thursday anymore?

flat broke
01-17-2005, 01:07 PM
Actually Burns does do silencers and from what I've heard they work pretty well. If you are planning on using the boat on lakes or in othe noise ordinance enforcement areas, you might want to see what they could do for you.
Chris

cyclone
01-17-2005, 04:16 PM
you didnt hear it from me but.....once elsinore re-opens this should work for you. Go to the state park ramp, which is the 1st one past the jack n' the box, and launch between 6-7 am. No cops on the lake until 8 and the lady at the ramp doesnt check your boat for anything. Get on the lake, test the boat and get off before the cops get there. I do it all the time. Er i mean I've heard of people doing that.

eraser
01-17-2005, 06:22 PM
hey mike, when are you going to come see me at work? :D :D

Stab-n-Steer
01-21-2005, 11:09 AM
Mike,
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but if you are in Sacramento why not test at Far West? Modesto Reservoir is also an excellent place to test. The rangers are very boat racing friendly and like to watch. No CF's or mufflers, no problem with them.
S&S

ssmike
01-21-2005, 07:58 PM
S & S - I moved to La La Land... :boxed:
The rent on Mullet Mountain was gettin too high...

wsuwrhr
01-21-2005, 08:01 PM
Speaking English today ey?
Brian

Stab-n-Steer
01-22-2005, 09:09 AM
My condolences... :squiggle: I knew it would be a stupid question! Regarding Irvine Lake, call Jerry Ross at 310-782-8229. He tests Cracker Boxes there all the time...
S&S